Accuracy Calculator

Pretzel

Hi everyone, I've been working on an accuracy calculator and I want to open an invitation for people to help test and improve it.

The excel spreadsheet can be found here http://www.mediafire.com/?8z89etti7mu5nyn

Basically the thing works by calculating the maximum attack roll and defence roll of you and your opponent. It does this with the same formula used for the max range hit and max melee hit calculators, so for example, a person with 99 strength and a strength bonus of 31 will have a max hit of 163, similarly, a person with 99 attack and 31 stab bonus will have a max stab roll of 163. Stab, Slash, Crush and Ranged are all calculated separately.

Once you have given it enough information to find your attack roll and your opponent's appropriate defence roll, the values go through another formula based on stuff I have seen on various forums to calculate the chance that the attack will land. There are two formulas based on whether your attack roll or your opponent's defence roll is higher. When their defence roll is higher the formula is ((attroll/defrolll)/2)*100, while the formula for when your attack roll is higher than their defence roll is (1-((defroll/attroll)/2))*100

Additionally, you can put in the your strength bonus (ranged or melee) to find your max hit. Add in your weapon speed and you can find out how much damage per second you can perform at the maximum, or on average (which is simply max/2) if you were to hit 100% of the time. The calculator then uses the accuracy found, coupled with the average DPS to find the 'true DPS'. This is basically a way to test which weapons are 'better' in various situations. For example, if you run the stats of a gravite rapier and a gravite 2h, you can find that against an unarmoured opponent, the rapier will have the highest DPS, however against an opponent in full rune, the extra accuracy from the 2h will give it a greater DPS, which seems to be what people already know anecdotally.

Having said all this, there are some problems with it. Apart from being untested, it hinges on the assumption that the attack roll and defence roll are calculated in the same way as max hits. This is the idea of others, not mine, but I have no other ideas as to how it could work, so have used this. Whether or not this is true, it is at least a starting point.

Another issue is that the Spec bonuses, Other Bonuses, and Special effects are pretty unexplained. Apologies for this, hopefull I will update it later, but being F2P, I'm not terribly familiar with all the effects of special attacks, special effects (such as the castlewars bracelet, or the use of a berserker necklace and an obby weapon) and other bonuses (such as black mask on slayer tasks), but I have allowed inputs for these things into the formulas.

The accuracy is also in question due to one major blindspot, that is, what occurs when the attack roll and defence roll are equal? If there is a re-roll, the accuracy is fine, if it goes to the defender, it will slightly overestimate, if it goes to the attacker, slightly underestimate. Hopefully testing will sort this out, although unless there is an absolutely huge sample size of hits, there probably won't be any findings of statistical significance in either direction.

Magic is one thing that is conspicuously missing, but could be easily added. This is because I am unsure how magic accuracy works. I know for a fact that attack and defence are rolled against one another and am 99% sure that ranged and defence roll against one another (1% of me wonders what affect ranged has in defence), however, I'm not sure of this with magic at all. I have heard that magic level is taken into account for defence and that certain spells are more accurate than others, but again, I'm just not sure. Perhaps the magic accuracy formula is a tad more complex. If anyone has any info on this, it would be greatly appreciated. Alternately, it could be tested for.

And the biggest issue of all, this only works when you know your opponent's stats and bonuses, which means it is all but useless for PvM. There's no way around this, short of finding the source code of runescape and finding the individual values for each and every monster, but at least in PvP it works well.

Finally, I have to give credit where it is due. Firstly, I want to thank hfbrads for giving me the idea when I saw his post in this topic http://forum.tip.it/topic/293053-gravite-weaponry-vs-rune-scimitar/ As well as woldemort78, who posted this video on youtube from which I got the formula

Thanks for reading all of this, I hope we can all contribute and make this calculator a useful tool for those who want to use it.

resizeofuntitledff4.png

Free to Player fo' life!

99/99 skateboarding :p

why dont you use this awesome thing i like to call common sense. Its done wonders for me, ive never been hacked, scammed or anything like that.

I made an accuracy calculator over a year ago, and had it published on the archive of wisdom too before the admins here deleted that thread.

You can find the calcs on www.[Caution: Jagex Rule Violation] now.

Yours still hasn't accounted for the equal diceroll scenario.

Defense always wins if the attacker and defender roll the same number.

Also theres a slight difference between max hit and maximum dice roll.

You can find more data and research about this on www.[Caution: Jagex Rule Violation] too.

Naaxi.png

Okay cool. I didn't realise that there was already one out there, I guess I just didn't look hard enough!

The link seems to be blocked and I couldn't find your accuracy calculator anywhere. Would you be able to post it somewhere else so I could have a look? I'd really appreciate that. Also, thanks for the info about the equal dice roll scenario, I guess that would be fixed by finding the probability of the two being the same and taking about that value from the accuracy, yes? Anyway, thanks for the info, hope that I can actually see your calc too. Cheers!

resizeofuntitledff4.png

Free to Player fo' life!

99/99 skateboarding :p

why dont you use this awesome thing i like to call common sense. Its done wonders for me, ive never been hacked, scammed or anything like that.

PM me on here and or ingame if I'm on and I can give you the site the calculator is at. My rsn is "Harpie lnh." The site isn't dangerous or malicious in any way, so don't worry about that.

[hide]

unbinding green's kidneys for ltk's heart

do you farm guam like me sir ltk

[/hide]

The calculator is also directly linkable: https://docs.google.com/spreadsheet/ccc?key=0AldEhLOK6ejJdDh6Zm0xTDVQSWE3eHdZdEd6anY1aFE#gid=0. That's Grimy's work, and a very functional calculator overall.

Supporter of Zaros | Quest Cape owner since 22 may 2010 | No skills below 99 | Total level 2595 | Completionist Cape owner since 17th June 2013 | Suggestions

99 summoning (18th June 2011, previously untrimmed) | 99 farming (14th July 2011) | 99 prayer (8th September 2011) | 99 constitution (10th September 2011) | 99 dungeoneering (15th November 2011)

99 ranged (28th November 2011) | 99 attack, 99 defence, 99 strength (11th December 2011) | 99 slayer (18th December 2011) | 99 magic (22nd December 2011) | 99 construction (16th March 2012)

99 herblore (22nd March 2012) | 99 firemaking (26th March 2012) | 99 cooking (2nd July 2012) | 99 runecrafting (12th March 2012) | 99 crafting (26th August 2012) | 99 agility (19th November 2012)

99 woodcutting (22nd November 2012) | 99 fletching (31st December 2012) | 99 thieving (3rd January 2013) | 99 hunter (11th January 2013) | 99 mining (21st January 2013) | 99 fishing (21st January 2013)

99 smithing (21st January 2013) | 120 dungeoneering (17th June 2013) | 99 divination (24th November 2013)

Tormented demon drops: twenty effigies, nine pairs of claws, two dragon armour slices and one elite clue | Dagannoth king drops: two dragon hatchets, two elite clues, one archer ring and one warrior ring

Glacor drops: four pairs of ragefire boots, one pair of steadfast boots, six effigies, two hundred lots of Armadyl shards, three elite clues | Nex split: Torva boots | Kalphite King split: off-hand drygore mace

30/30 Shattered Heart statues completed | 16/16 Court Cases completed | 25/25 Choc Chimp Ices delivered | 500/500 Vyrewatch burned | 584/584 tasks completed | 4000/4000 chompies hunted