favorite rap/hip-hop group?

xxsheepxx

I used to like rap/hip-hop exclusively, now my musical taste has expanded so much that I don't really listen to it much. I still like a lot of what I used to listen to, but the stuff they play on the radio isn't really good at all, so it's kind of underground (+10 :)).

Jurassic 5, Cunninlynguists, Aesop Rock, Jedi Mind Tricks, Atmosphere, A Tribe Called Quest and Dilated Peoples are all pretty good stuff.

peterstretchfn5.gif

I like the american kind of rap so much as I can,but you all have to search some international interpetes of rap/hiphop.....I would recommend the Urban Rap Label ,,Aggro Berlin"!!!!!!Best music on the world,,,trust me,,,its very good...google something about the rapers,,Sido,Btight or Fler"Taid alda!!!Aggro Berlin.........

I prefer more like underground-bands, who no1 knows, but from bigshots i would go with Wu-Tang Clan (Which is making return). But hey, finnish & french hiphop owns joo all tbmthafkinhonest.

Like Super Scian Crew? They are very good.

The only band of this ilk that I like is Jurassic 5, and then even not that much.

I looooooove J5. Seen them twice, they put on an awesome, awesome show.

Jurassic 5, Cunninlynguists, Aesop Rock, Jedi Mind Tricks, Atmosphere, A Tribe Called Quest and Dilated Peoples are all pretty good stuff.

More good taste.

I'm really into Australian groups that anyone outside of the country probably wouldn't know (apart from a very select few hardcore hip-hop enthusiasts) - artists like Koolism, The Hilltop Hoods, The Herd, Urthboy.. etc.

Internationally I'm into artists like The Lifesavas (USA), Blackalicious (USA), Buck 65 (Canada), Ty (UK), Roots Manuva (UK), Dizzee Rascal (UK), Outkast (USA), Ugly Duckling (USA).. etc.

If we have to go with groups, I probably have to go with Bone Thugs, A Tribe Called Quest, and Public Enemy.

If individuals are allowed, probably Common, Talib Kweli, Immortal Technique, and Slick Rick. Maybe Eminems stuff from a couple years ago too... I hate his newer albums.

For one; G-Unit is garbage. 50 Cent is even worse, and Tony Yayo is the worst emcee to touch the mic since Vanilla Ice. Lloyd banks is just a straight up [developmentally delayed]. He sounds like he has a severe case of down syndrome.

Eminem, is by far, the illest and most versatile emcee to ever touch the mic. Tupac; is entirely overrated and half you kids wouldn't even know who he was had he not been shot. I can't stand to listen to Shakur anymore simply for the fact his subject matter is all played. Granted, he did what he did and he did it well but he's far from the best. Shady, on the other hand, can merk anyone and shred any beat.

I'm not talking about Shady's mainstream ethier, I'm talking back in the early 90's and late 80's when I was bumpin' dude. No one could comprehend he was white, and no one thought dude would rip the entire world off their feet; yet look what happened.

I'm not about to disagree that hip-hop is in a slump; and rap has fallen off the face of the earth. It's entirely trash, no one in the game is putting out what they should be. Pual Wall; garbage. Ying Yang; most incoherent and garbage sounding of all time. Lil' Jon; can just die. Young Jeezy; pathetic. Wayne; Fireman? Get real. Garbage. Sean Pual; incoherent as hell. I can go on and on about people who are garbage.

It's unargueable that they have absolutely no talent, and most of the kids who say "omg, rap sucks!" do not know what they [bleep] they're talking about. They listened to the [cabbage] that's out now, not what's REAL, talking on REAL issues. Therfore, you've really got no reason even opening your mouth. For one; I hear people talk about how rap only talks about women, money and drugs yet Rock has been doing it for over 50 Years, and we get [bleep]ed at. I love the hypocritical mentality of society these days.

It's the best and most versatile genre and I won't hear otherwise. Bite me.

Sugarhill Gang (I've memorized about the first 7 minutes of Rapper's Delight) :lol:

Kool and the Gang

Public Enemy

Run DMC

Bone (may not be the full name, but I've always referred to them as bone) :P

Beastie Boys

Outkast

Ghetto Boys

69 Boys

More recently-Buckwheat Boys-funny stuff there.

supdarklinkel1.jpg

Sugarhill Gang (I've memorized about the first 7 minutes of Rapper's Delight) :lol:

Aw man same here! :D I lose it for about 3 minutes but then know the final 4 or so as well :P

I know up to the Kaopectate part. One of the rappers is starting to lose his voice at that point :D.

sigon4.jpg

handed me TWO tissues to clear up. I was like "i'm going to need a few more paper towels than that luv"