Question About Inflation

Dizzle229

Hey guys, just a quick question related to GP inflation.

Two years ago when I stopped playing seriously (I've been mostly off since then), I mainly fished swordfish in Catherby for money. Upon checking the GE, I realized that swordfish are significantly less pricey, and inflation seems to have hiked up the price significantly for pretty much everything. (78gp for bones?)

I guess the main thing is, since I'm considering coming back, is there anything I should know about the situation? Is my 12.3M still a respectable amount?

LOTRjokesigedition-1.png

Get back here so I can rub your butt.

Well, bots took care of most moneymakers, be it fishing, wc, mining and a lot of combat.

Be prepared for a bot infestation in F2p especially. For what i hear bosshunting is still viable, but you need the skills for that ofc

sebas379.png

[hide]

First they came to fishing

and I didn't speak out because I wasn't fishing;

Then they came to the yews

and I didn't speak out because I didn't cut yews;

Then they came for the ores

and I didn't speak out because I didn't collect ores;

Then they came for me

and there was no one left to speak out for me.

[/hide]

Well, bots took care of most moneymakers, be it fishing, wc, mining and a lot of combat.

Be prepared for a bot infestation in F2p especially. For what i hear bosshunting is still viable, but you need the skills for that ofc

Wait, so after some reading plus your post, it seems like the game has been basically taken over by bots. Is Jagex looking to fix this?

LOTRjokesigedition-1.png

Get back here so I can rub your butt.

I can be short bout that, no. They'r too busy making money, releasing micro-transactions and ignoring bots as hard as they can.

I mean they released free trade in february and so far have made the statement that we have to remember that they are primarily a company, which means they have to make money.

sebas379.png

[hide]

First they came to fishing

and I didn't speak out because I wasn't fishing;

Then they came to the yews

and I didn't speak out because I didn't cut yews;

Then they came for the ores

and I didn't speak out because I didn't collect ores;

Then they came for me

and there was no one left to speak out for me.

[/hide]

I can be short bout that, no. They'r too busy making money, releasing micro-transactions and ignoring bots as hard as they can.

I mean they released free trade in february and so far have made the statement that we have to remember that they are primarily a company, which means they have to make money.

so yeah pretty much they just raped ur ass without lubed and said ty sire

phixcire.png

D.Drops=Skirt9 Med9 Spear2 Visage2 Legs6 boots35 shield half1 whip15 dbow5

phixcire.png

phixcire.png

12.3m in f2p is quite a lot imo, in p2p it's not much for a whole bank but plenty of cash to go around. Most moneymakers have gone down significantly but so have prices, so overall I don't think you're a lot worse off. TDs went from 3-3.5m/hr to 2-2.5m/hr, but herblore and prayer halved their gp/xp.

Supporter of Zaros | Quest Cape owner since 22 may 2010 | No skills below 99 | Total level 2595 | Completionist Cape owner since 17th June 2013 | Suggestions

99 summoning (18th June 2011, previously untrimmed) | 99 farming (14th July 2011) | 99 prayer (8th September 2011) | 99 constitution (10th September 2011) | 99 dungeoneering (15th November 2011)

99 ranged (28th November 2011) | 99 attack, 99 defence, 99 strength (11th December 2011) | 99 slayer (18th December 2011) | 99 magic (22nd December 2011) | 99 construction (16th March 2012)

99 herblore (22nd March 2012) | 99 firemaking (26th March 2012) | 99 cooking (2nd July 2012) | 99 runecrafting (12th March 2012) | 99 crafting (26th August 2012) | 99 agility (19th November 2012)

99 woodcutting (22nd November 2012) | 99 fletching (31st December 2012) | 99 thieving (3rd January 2013) | 99 hunter (11th January 2013) | 99 mining (21st January 2013) | 99 fishing (21st January 2013)

99 smithing (21st January 2013) | 120 dungeoneering (17th June 2013) | 99 divination (24th November 2013)

Tormented demon drops: twenty effigies, nine pairs of claws, two dragon armour slices and one elite clue | Dagannoth king drops: two dragon hatchets, two elite clues, one archer ring and one warrior ring

Glacor drops: four pairs of ragefire boots, one pair of steadfast boots, six effigies, two hundred lots of Armadyl shards, three elite clues | Nex split: Torva boots | Kalphite King split: off-hand drygore mace

30/30 Shattered Heart statues completed | 16/16 Court Cases completed | 25/25 Choc Chimp Ices delivered | 500/500 Vyrewatch burned | 584/584 tasks completed | 4000/4000 chompies hunted

Inflation is still happening, look at the prices of rares; but as others have said the bots have made the price of any raw resource plummet. Bones at 78? they should have been about 100 each 2 years ago.

in f2p 12mil should be able to get you to the usable ceiling of the f2p buyables except smithing.

Fishing, woodcutting, and mining were never moneymakers even when there weren't bots there and the stuff was double the price it is now. Well, I guess like runite mining is okay, but that's pretty much untouched by botting.