Absence of auto-typing

looololol

• Replies 55
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Do them "type these words in correctly to continue" things work; the things that are on other websites, do they work for stopping spam bots etc?

If so they could implement them to by-pass some of them?

And, even though it would be annoying, have your account needing to do it once a day?

What you're refering to is captcha, and yes bots can solve them. Most normal spambots on the internet can't but it's certainly not rare to see ones that solve it. Even Tipit gets a fair number of spambots even though we have captcha. It keeps most of them out, but if someone wants to get in, they'll get in.

Captchas are generally never solved...

What is done is that they pay a chinese employee to make bots.. Whereas each modern country has those companies banned (they only work cause they can underpay employees, and let employees doo much work) third world, malafide countries like china have not.

It is a big market if you look for it, many companies offering service like "100 0000 captcha's solved daily for $100-200"

Heck for these prices it's stupid to create a bot.

First they came to fishing

and I didn't speak out because I wasn't fishing

Then they came to the yews

and I didn't speak out because I didn't cut yews

Then they came for the ores

and I didn't speak out because I didn't collect ores

Then they came for me

and there was no one left to speak out for me.

they need bring back old tutorial island with advanced version...now they made easy for bots to get backup account on since it doesnt even require unstable foundations anymore.

also they should add that your chat ability gets better more you have quest points, to avoid bot spams....lets say in example 0 quest points has 10 sec delay between messages and 50 quest points has no delay anymore.

Do them "type these words in correctly to continue" things work; the things that are on other websites, do they work for stopping spam bots etc?

If so they could implement them to by-pass some of them?

And, even though it would be annoying, have your account needing to do it once a day?

What you're refering to is captcha, and yes bots can solve them. Most normal spambots on the internet can't but it's certainly not rare to see ones that solve it. Even Tipit gets a fair number of spambots even though we have captcha. It keeps most of them out, but if someone wants to get in, they'll get in.

Captchas are generally never solved...

What is done is that they pay a chinese employee to make bots.. Whereas each modern country has those companies banned (they only work cause they can underpay employees, and let employees doo much work) third world, malafide countries like china have not.

It is a big market if you look for it, many companies offering service like "100 0000 captcha's solved daily for $100-200"

Heck for these prices it's stupid to create a bot.

DeCaptcher.com charges $2 per 1000 and has a simple API for incorporating it into your own programs.

You make it sound like running through a few level 87 monsters is hard which it really shouldn't be at your level.

riptide_mage.png

riptide_mage.png

I remember well when the gmail captcha was breached. We went from practically no gmail spambots to a flurry of them in a matter of days.

Siobhana.jpeg

Siobhana.png

Siobhana.png

Ty Jeppoz for making it. Thx to the Pup for finding it after it got lost :D And thx to Kill_Life and Turtle for the ava.

Stoltenberg, 22/7-11: "We will retaliate with more democracy" In remembrance of Oslo/Utøya. May we never forget, nor be pulled down to the level of the beast