what happens to scammers?

Mh1456

Presumably if you report them they get a temp ban. Further punishments are more severe. I'd imagine in the most severe cases they'd do a bank wipe, but I can't see that happening unless they scam a lot.

Squab unleashes Megiddo! Completed all quests and hard diaries. 75+ Skiller. (At one point.) 2000+ total. 99 Magic.
[spoiler=The rest of my sig. You know you wanna see it.]

my difinition of noob is i dont like u, either u are better then me or u are worst them me

Buying spins make you a bad person...don't do it. It's like buying nukes for North Korea.

Well if it bothers you that the game is more fun now, then you can go cry in a corner. :shame:

your article was the equivalent of a circumcized porcupine

The only thing wrong with it is the lack of a percentage for when you need to stroke it.

7ApdH.png
squabharpy.png
Poignant Purple to Lokie's Ravishing Red and Alg's Brilliant Blue.

Yeah nuthin happens. I think Jagex's reasoning for it was something about you already knowing it was a risk and therefore your own fault.

rc1tzc.png

☢ CAUTION ☢ CAUTION ☢ CAUTION ☢ CAUTION ☢

• 3 weeks later...

They keep scamming till they lose their rank; Till they meet someone VERY FAMOUS and the person(s) video tape them scamming; They lose trust from everyone

OR

They have to payout a HUGE pot

OR

They get hacked/lured and lose all of their money

OR

They stop dicing after reaching a certain goal

OR

They keep dicing and scamming. They may be banned, They may have no dignity whatsoever. But pixels are the best in their opinion.

waAhvEI.png

Now that would be justice, if hackers would abuse their knowledge to actually take out scammers/lurers instead of the innocents!

*dreams on*

2016 goals: all skills +30mil xp - Completed this goal 11th December 2016 smile.gif
2017 goals: get at least 3 more master capes (start xp: invention done@21st Jan, mining done@2nd April & ranged 76/104mil done@June 20th) & all skills +40mil xp (done 24th August)

In the old days, scammers got away scot-free. Presumably a reward for their initiative, and not laziness.

"Imagine yourself surrounded by the most horrible cripples and maniacs it is possible to conceive, and you may understand a little of my feelings with these grotesque caricatures of humanity about me."

- H.G. Wells, The Island of Doctor Moreau

• 1 month later...

Its not Jagex's job to pervent you from being scammed if you go against their wishes.

In this case, You decided to dice or whatnot despite knowing it wasn't supported by Jagex. As nice as it would be if the scammer was banned, I can't really see it happening. Being scammed a lot of times (Maybe not in this case) comes down to 'common sense' and most times is easily avoidable. ..Then again, Common sense is different for everyone these days. ;)

34zljex.png

Huzzah.png

• 1 month later...

Like i have said to numerous people, if you get scammed it is just tough.

You allow your self to be scammed, and it is your fault.

do not trust anyone.

The only thing that will happen to him for doing this is he will have more money.