Save Posts as You Type

This may well have been mentioned before (or even if this is the appopriate forum), but I was writing a long post today and, because my internet connection cut out just as I'd pressed post, the whole thing was lost and I've yet to bring myself to rewrite it.

To prevent this from happening in future, would it be at all possible for there to be a feature, such as that which Blogger uses when one is writing a post, of it automatically saving posts every 30 seconds or so. Under such a system I might have been able to find my post there, unpublished, on the thread once I'd reconnected my bipolar internet.

Is such a system at all possible? And is this complaint common enough to warrant it? Thank you.

"Imagine yourself surrounded by the most horrible cripples and maniacs it is possible to conceive, and you may understand a little of my feelings with these grotesque caricatures of humanity about me."

- H.G. Wells, The Island of Doctor Moreau

For the mean time you could just copy your post (control + C for windows Command + C for mac) if it is a real long post and then hit the reply, also in some browsers it works to go a page back (the browser saves your text if you go to the prev page).

http://sign.tip.it/1/2/79/260/essiw.png

Retired item crew

I would like to be credited as essiw at the website update & corrections forum. Thanks!

It'd be great if IPB would make a feature like this. But in case the tech admins are too busy to tackle a project like this, you can use this firefox add-on in the meantime:

https://addons.mozilla.org/en-US/firefox/addon/lazarus-form-recovery/

Never lose anything you type into a web form again! Lazarus securely auto-saves all forms as you type, so after a crash, server timeout, or whatever, you can go back to the form, right click, "recover form", and breathe a sigh of relief.

hzvjpwS.gif

Thanks for all the helpful responses, all. :thumbup:

"Imagine yourself surrounded by the most horrible cripples and maniacs it is possible to conceive, and you may understand a little of my feelings with these grotesque caricatures of humanity about me."

- H.G. Wells, The Island of Doctor Moreau

It'd be great if IPB would make a feature like this. But in case the tech admins are too busy to tackle a project like this, you can use this firefox add-on in the meantime:

https://addons.mozilla.org/en-US/firefox/addon/lazarus-form-recovery/

I didn't know about this. Thanks. :thumbsup:

f2punitedfcbanner_zpsf83da077.png

THE place for all free players to connect, hang out and talk about how awesome it is to be F2P.

So, Kaida is the real version of every fictional science-badass? That explains a lot, actually...

BTW, if you're using FF 2.*, 3.*, and/or higher, you can also set "browser.sessionstore.postdata" to "-1"... That should also retain your posts in the event of a crash. :shades:

~D. V. "Backup option for you..." Devnull

tifuserbar-dsavi_x4.jpg and normally with a cool mind.

(Warning: This user can be VERY confusing to some people... And talks in 3rd person for the timebeing due to how insane they are... Sometimes even to themself.)