What are the results of the mass ban - higher prices

Nazgul740

I don't mind the ban it was needed... but now sharks... yews and other auto'ed items will be much harder to get... I think Jagex should take down how long these items take to come off the tree and into your inventory...

I do believe this WAS NEEDED! I support this decision 100% banning auto'ers is the right thing to do but unfortunately a lot of the economy just lost some raw material suppliers

jfkmk3.jpg

New sigzor^^

• Replies 62
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

think about it... 15000 people lets say that oh... 3k of them chopped yews each day.... might be a smaller number not sure...

and they cut 500 logs each day...

thats 1,500,000 yew logs not comeing into the game :shock: And i can also ganentee that those auto'ers were getting in more logs then 500 a day

jfkmk3.jpg

New sigzor^^

*shrugs*

Wouldn't had bothered me any. Most the stuff in which I got, I chopped myself.

I think the only item I ever really bought in bulk was rune essence.

People should've known better anyways. Macroing is a bannable offense. And well everyone who did it was about to get burned. Now not only did the offending account get booted, but any account that was linked to it (which probably means they checked IP addresses and what not).

This will hardly effect the game. Doesn't matter what figures you pull out of your hat.

Shiva.jpeg

R.I.P Shiva

no don't bring them back i support what jagex did and i think they made the right choice... im saying that some items such as yew for example should come into the inventory a little faster then they have been... that way jagex would counter act the ban of nearly 15,000 players

jfkmk3.jpg

New sigzor^^

Perhaps we can see sharks go back to their steady 1K price, after they seemed to have dropped to a lower 800-900gp each. We really don't need to compensate for the prices going back to their normal level, if they are even going to change at all.

Worst comes to worst, raise your cutting and fishing levels. I fish my own food and cut my own logs. Sure, its not fast...but its cheap and reliable.

Untitled.png

My heart is broken by the terrible loss I have sustained in my old friends and companions and my poor soldiers. Believe me, nothing except a battle lost can be half so melancholy as a battle won. -Sir Arthur Wellesley

I dont think anyone thought that it was a bad idea, exept the people that were banned. i like it cause my high scores rank is better now :lol: but wat im afraid of is that some people that got banned had santas and masks and party hats and stuff, witch might raise those prices... which is good for some people, but not for the people buying them. o well!

o ya and hoo got banned? u should post here if u got banned.

whiteknightyu9.png

yeata7.png

won1ew3.png

Snake6man.png

Whats your average lv? viewtopic.php?t=615571&start=0&pos

There was a mod comment that banning IP was rare.

The problem with IP addresses is that most people's PCs are subject to DHCP, NAT or both.

This means that multiple players can share an address at the same time - eg a family or internet cafe behind a router with NAT - or at different times if the ISP uses dynamic IP.

So banning IP is a very poor way of banning specfic players without affecting innocent others.

I dont think anyone thought that it was a bad idea, exept the people that were banned. i like it cause my high scores rank is better now :lol: but wat im afraid of is that some people that got banned had santas and masks and party hats and stuff, witch might raise those prices... which is good for some people, but not for the people buying them. o well!

o ya and hoo got banned? u should post here if u got banned.

But may be they were contributing to the high prices by buying up to the rares in the first place? (with all the money they got from autoing)

Perhaps we can see sharks go back to their steady 1K price, after they seemed to have dropped to a lower 800-900gp each. We really don't need to compensate for the prices going back to their normal level, if they are even going to change at all.

I second that..

Only price that might go up is the price of rares..

There must be some auto'ers with a few rares on their accounts..

(i don't own rares)

Semi - retired, playing WoW

Combat lvl: 103 | Total lvl: 1542

Goals: | Fletching lvl: 97/[b:05c6bf8

I second that..

(i don't own rares)

I doubt autoers would keep rares on those accounts, they would transfer all the materials gathered to their main, sell them, then buy rares on that account, they wouldn't keep them on autoers as they pretty much konw those accounts will be banned anyway.

blazesigbq9.jpg

I second that..

(i don't own rares)

The price of raw supplies will likely be quite unaffected by this mass ban. Perhaps down the road, items like Rune Ess and Sharks will return to their normal values (rising 10-15%), but that is more of a good thing than a bad thing. The items that have been truly impacted by these mass bans are Rares. Santas and Party Hats are up nearly 10% this morning solely due to the mass bans. No one has any idea how many Rares have been removed from the game, and the amount is even less distinguishable 2-3 hours after the bans, but the sole fact that 15K accounts are now gone has increased the demand immensely. Rares are really the only items which have the capacity to change prices short-term, which is really a good thing for Runescape. With Rares in the game, many of the economic forces are absorbed by the miniscule Discontinued Items market, leaving Supplies, and even most Pseudo-Rares at stable values.

sig7uu.png

I second that..

(i don't own rares)

I doubt autoers would keep rares on those accounts, they would transfer all the materials gathered to their main, sell them, then buy rares on that account, they wouldn't keep them on autoers as they pretty much konw those accounts will be banned anyway.

Something in the news sais that not only the account that were ato'ing got banned, but also other accounts from the same person..

When i have a little more time i'll find how they say it.

Semi - retired, playing WoW

Combat lvl: 103 | Total lvl: 1542

Goals: | Fletching lvl: 97/[b:05c6bf8

I second that..

(i don't own rares)

we are also using a new system to go through and ban other accounts used by these cheats, so they can't just cheat on a 'throwaway' account they don't care about, and expect their other accounts to be unaffected.
:wink:

i geus the total auto-world is about 20 - 50k accounts and not just 15000...

runeminermb1.gif

^^ click my sig for my lesser ranging guide ^^

jwrm22: 4816th > 99 cooking 100% f2p !1172 total! + 140mil in items.

i dont play anymore... i think rs is ruined

don't worrie, all the proper material gathering noobs are till around, so it shouldn't drop that much, but the ban is good for us as we will now get higher prices for our hard work, not for these cheaters

gizmo2k5.png

I second that..

(i don't own rares)

The price of raw supplies will likely be quite unaffected by this mass ban. Perhaps down the road, items like Rune Ess and Sharks will return to their normal values (rising 10-15%), but that is more of a good thing than a bad thing. The items that have been truly impacted by these mass bans are Rares. Santas and Party Hats are up nearly 10% this morning solely due to the mass bans. No one has any idea how many Rares have been removed from the game, and the amount is even less distinguishable 2-3 hours after the bans, but the sole fact that 15K accounts are now gone has increased the demand immensely. Rares are really the only items which have the capacity to change prices short-term, which is really a good thing for Runescape. With Rares in the game, many of the economic forces are absorbed by the miniscule Discontinued Items market, leaving Supplies, and even most Pseudo-Rares at stable values.

I would hardly say that rares are responsible for leaving supplies at stable prices. Even with this many autos deleted, hundreds of thousands of legitimate players who gather and sell resources every day are still playing. We're talkin about less than 1% of all (currently played) accounts getting wiped out.

tipitcrewex8.jpg

Proud to have gotten 1800 skill total before access to fishing guild

Why make a house when you can rob one?

I would hardly say that rares are responsible for leaving supplies at stable prices. Even with this many autos deleted, hundreds of thousands of legitimate players who gather and sell resources every day are still playing. We're talkin about less than 1% of all (currently played) accounts getting wiped out.

Actually I think you could argue that the price of rares stabalise the price of raw materials. If 'rich' players didn't have things like blue party hats to buy for 100m+, they would spend that 100m+ on other things like raw materials. having so much money, they could afford to pay more to get these things, so the prices could go up?