CONFIRMED: Goliath Gloves Strength Bonus

Da_Latios

Even if it's 1 hour, 5 minutes of boss killing doesn't sound like a huge strain. Especially when you also get dreadnips for doing it.

I think it's a choice: either 100 dreadnips OR a pair of gloves.

It is.

I can confirm that.

Also, you may not have more than one of each type of glove at a time (unlimited dreadnips though).

You only get 3 teleports per day to the Tower, so if you no-life to the point of using over 3 gloves per day, you'll have to walk.

The degrade time is definitely longer than 1 hour.

It appears to be more effective than a maul at waterfiends, hitting high (more than sara sword) and consistently.

Oh, Accurate, Aggressive, and Defensive styles all have the same animation. It still says punch/kick/block, even though the animation is a rather exaggerated punch.

1) go to duel arena

2)stake your entire bank in one fight, disable magic, ranged and weapons.

3) put on those gloves

4)??????

5)profit

Word got out about the gloves within the first 2 days, so that won't work unless your opponent happens to be very ignorant.

93959819.png

Leaaf.png

After watching Link Olaran use them on a jadinko task the attack styles are slightly different visually. Aggressive is a drawn back punch, Accurate is a somewhat quick uppercut, and I don't quite remember Defencive but I think it was similar to Accurate.

Requiescat in pace, Shiva "Anarith" Kumar.
dea6a17b9c.png
351 Quest Points|99 Strength|99 Attack|99 Constitution|99 Defence|99 Magic|138 Combat|99 Summoning|99 Slayer|99 Ranged|99 Firemaking|99 Dungeoneering|99 Cooking|99 Prayer|99 Runecrafting|99 Smithing|99 Fletching|99 Construction|99 Farming|99 Fishing|99 Herblore|99 Crafting|99 Agility
True friends are never separated by distance, for they are forever linked by their hearts.

Join the HYT CLAN![qfc]90-91-310-65710712[/qfc]

Even if it's 1 hour, 5 minutes of boss killing doesn't sound like a huge strain. Especially when you also get dreadnips for doing it.

It is.

I can confirm that.

Also, you may not have more than one of each type of glove at a time (unlimited dreadnips though).

You only get 3 teleports per day to the Tower, so if you no-life to the point of using over 3 gloves per day, you'll have to walk.

At least for dreadnips, I can queue up multiple reclaims so you probably wouldn't need to walk there, ever. (You can kill 5 bosses five times, and claim 500 dreadnips. Is it not like that for gloves?

VJH7N9F.png

zuzmo.png 

It is.

I can confirm that.

At least for dreadnips, I can queue up multiple reclaims so you probably wouldn't need to walk there, ever. (You can kill 5 bosses five times, and claim 500 dreadnips. Is it not like that for gloves?

Yes, you can queue, up to 15 sets. Withdrawing 1 set of dreadnips will substract 1 from this, as naturally will any set of gloves. So, you can queue up to 15 sets of any prize there.

It is.

I can confirm that.

Yes, you can queue, up to 15 sets. Withdrawing 1 set of dreadnips will substract 1 from this, as naturally will any set of gloves. So, you can queue up to 15 sets of any prize there.

You can only have one of each type of glove in your inv/bank at a time, even though you can queue up to 15. You also can't have multiple colours at once.

93959819.png

Leaaf.png

• 3 weeks later...

Been checking on RSWiki about these gloves, and decided to make a handy list of its various bonuses for reference.

At all times:

• Beats Barrows Gloves in every attack bonus by two points except for Ranged and Magic
  • Higher strength bonus than Barrows Gloves by one point
  • Beats Dragon Gauntlets in every defensive bonus by two points except for Summoning and Ranged Defense

Whilst fighting without a weapon:

• +82 Strength bonus (may top out at +85) stacked on top of its +13 while fighting unarmed
  • Gloves will randomly perform an attack that cannot be prayed against
  • This attack binds the opponent for 10 seconds, and can bind opponents from afar
  • This attack lowers opponent's combat stats (minus Prayer and Summoning) by 7
  • In multi-combat, all players (except for recognized team-mates) within a 5-square radius will be affected by the special attack

Aesthetics:

• Gloves boast a unique attacking animation.

I'd love to have these gloves to use in PvP. Too bad I'm not 110 combat <_<

RIP RU_Insane. August 3rd, 2005 - November 11th, 2012.
RU_Insane.png

My Stats on Old School RuneScape: 

RU_Insane.png
O4zgH.png
Reform Customer Support
Check Out My Threads UNRoA.gif

I did a pking boxing match with them, was good fun + I won. Obviously my sample size is insignificantly small but over the course of two waterfiends tasks (yes I do them, I love them) I hit two orange maxes of 492 and 491, which I believe is the same as a whip for me. However, gloves were annoying because they randomly stunned the waterfiends, which is a hit that doesn't give experience and seems to have a much lower max hit. On the stunning hits I never hit over 170, and they weren't very infrequent.

VJH7N9F.png

zuzmo.png 

Interesting info to the above two posts :) I figured stunning would have a lower max hit since the gloves are strong enough as they are. I wouldn't expect it to hit so high anyway since it's a side-effect and not a primary attack. As for gloves vs chaotic maul at waterfiends, I'm not surprised. I mean, maul should have a higher attack accuracy anyway, guaranteeing a larger amount of hits = more enemies killed. I can't comment on the rapier though :P

RIP RU_Insane. August 3rd, 2005 - November 11th, 2012.
RU_Insane.png

My Stats on Old School RuneScape: 

RU_Insane.png
O4zgH.png
Reform Customer Support
Check Out My Threads UNRoA.gif