Ninja Weapons..?

elk

Since I think Jagex is planning on adding an area with an 'Asian' theme (There is an NPC in port Phasmatys with a katana) I think they should add Ninja style weapons as well.

Here's a list of Armour/Weapons Jagex may add:

___Weapons (Melee)___

-Ninja Sword

-Bo-Staff (Quarter-Staff)

-Hand-Scythe

-Kunai Knife (Small knife without a hilt) See bottom.

___Weapons (Range)___

Shuriken (Throwing Stars) See bottom

-Bo-Shuriken (Large, four-bladed throwing stars)

-Chain Scythe (Weak Scythe on a chain. short range, occasionally breaks)

___Weapons (Mage)___

Various types of scrolls that can be used for learning new magics, such as:

-3rd eye scroll: Teaches "Insight". Lets you see the current HP and max HP of the thing that you are currently attacking.

Meditation Scroll: Teaches "Charge" LV.2. Charges Mage Arena spells AND normal damaging spells for a limited time.

Leach Scroll: Teaches "Skill Drain". Drains oppenent's strength and adds it to yours for a limited time. only works on players, and can't be used again until opponent recovers their strength or drinks a restore potion.

___Armour___

Ninja mask

Ninja body

Ninja vambraces\gloves

Ninja Chaps\leggings

Ninja Sandals (open toed, covers rest of foot)

(Ninja 'outfit' could come in different dark colors -Red, Black, Gray, Dark blue, & Maybe Camo)

Some links to wikipedia for more info on some weapons

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Shuriken

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Kunai

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Bo_staff

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Bo-shuriken

Open to suggestions/improvements! ^_^

Your also missing kunai knives on that list, most ninja weapons were just farm implements, shuriken were originally for taking out nails...
Added :-)

x12.png

blackgoldrobesrv5.png

Yes I am a girl. No, I won't be your girlfriend. :oops:

if they (jagex) were to implement.. they have to update lots of things like making kunai smithable.. plus kantana.. etc.. i doubt it...

aniway.. currently we have throwing knives... looked alot like kunai to me thought.. juz that it cannot be used as a non-range weapon..

nice idea u got there btw.. keep it up.. :o

A ninja never actually used a katana, at least not until he killed a samurai. Ninja were typically poor farmers who were assasins to help ends meet. Their own swords were inferior to the katana, which were expensive as they required the swordsmith to put great effort into folding the steel. So they used inferior swords until they managed to kill a samurai, and if they could, they would pillage his sword.

Also, ninjas didnt use stars for accurate long range attacks, but rather as a distraction/panic technique. The idea of the star was to attack someone, then bounce away out of sight. The attacked warrior would be confused about which direction he was attacked from, and thus he would panick, giving the ninja an advantage. When accurate long range attacks were needed, the ninja would use kuni (often as a last resort tho, as kuni were beneficial for things like scaleing walls), or more often poisoned blowdarts. Therefore, i think a "ninja" update should inclue an update to darts which allow one to use a cut reed or something similar to shoot darts more rapidly, or more accurately. Heck, darts may even increase in use.

If i remember correctly, the ninja used nunchuks too. Originally made of wood and horse hair for the link, it was made to pound rice into paste for rice cakes, and served as a cheap and easily concealable weapon. Not only were they powerful offensively, but a skilled user could also trap swords and the like between the two handles and disarm the opponent. However, unskilled users often hit themselves after losing control of the nunchuck. Therefore, it should have an agility requirement. Also, to incorporate the disarming, you could add special which "disarms" the users melee weapon the next time it is used for 5-10 seconds (not taken from inventory, its just disable for amoment, like member weapons in f2p.

In addition to weaponry, martial arts were important to ninja, and thus, I thnk an update to unarmed combat should occur. If you wear the ninja attire, you can engage in hand to hand combat stronger than normal unarmed combat. The strenght would depend on your agility level (more training = more prowess in martial arts), and if it seems like too cheap a way to fight, it could drain energy too, as well as agility points (i.e. for each "chop" you could remove say 2 to 5% energy, and maybe a few points in the numerator for agility, which disables shortcuts, makes you recover energy slower, etc.)

Also, if a ninja update was to occur, then they should partner it with a samurai update. Their armor was much bulkier than the samurai, but they also had superior weaponry since they were richer. Of course they would have a katana, and full armor. I know little of samuari, and thus am not much help in suggestions for their part of the update.

As for the quest to go along with this, perhaps it would involve being sent on a voyage to discover new lands by one of the kings, and end up in the eastern lands. There you end up in the middle of a conflict. At first, things seem to be great, the samurai warlord of the land seems to be a compassionate leader, and very hospitable to your crew, even providing a generous sum of local currency to you for purchases. He invites you and your crew into his base, perhaps during a cutscene , and then you decide to go explore the land. As you talk to the commoners, like farmers, you learn of the unrest of the people, and that the warlord may not be as caring a leader as he appears. As you learn more information, a revolt sparks between the warlord and his forces and the commoners, and a rebellion sparks. Here you have a choice. you can join the warlord's rank of samurai and help him suppress the rebellion by eliminating key rebel leaders in more direct combat (and thus require higher combat levels), or you could join the rebels, and take part in stealthy missions to take out key Samurai leaders and force the Warlord into submission, requiring a relatively high agility. If you should join the warlord, you trade in your armor for "samurai" armor of equal stats and value. For the rebellion side, you are provided with the ninja clothes, some ninja equipment, and a weak sword. Remember, after you kill a samurai you can pillage for their katana and replace your flimsy sword with that one. The reward you get depends on which side you join. You get a high combat bonus for the samurai side, or medium combat and agility for the rebellion side. Also, you get the attire of the side you choose, and the ability to raid the opposition's base to aquire their armor. For instance, if you chose to be a rebel, you get to keep your ninja gear, and get the ability to pillage samurai gear from the warlord's base.

In addition to the melee updates, range updates like blowdarts or shurikens (if you really wanted) for the ninja, or a new type of bow made from bamboo for the samurai side could be added. Also, I like the idea of magic scrolls used to teach magic spells. However, maybe they can make it where you equip the scroll and use the proper runes to cast the spell (like god spells).

In addition to the quest, you are exposed to new quisine and fish (squid perhaps? as a high level fish, perhaps above shark, but doesnt require trawler). Also, new silk clothes can be brought from a market area in the new land, purely for decoratice purposes.

Perhaps to add a bit of challenge to these quests, you cannot teleport away from the new land until you finish the quest (or at least part of it). After the quest, you can learn a teleport spell by doing a extra side mission (much like the kind needed for ghostly robes). Also, since it is a new land, there would be no bank available for a while, BUT your ship has a supply stock with some weapons, bows, armor, and runes and staffs. When you die before completing the quest, you respawn at the ship. You can alter the stock of the ship by spending some of your own money to buy better equipment, add stuff like potions, and better staves. If for some reason you do use up the ship's weaponry, you can always kill local wildlife and stuff, or mine local ores, and sell for cash.

Patience, boy. JAGeX already promised Eastern Lands; can't you wait?

Why do you resist? My experiments are only helping humanity push the boundaries of the Art of Toxicology... you should be proud to be one of my victims.

~Toxicologist~

I didn't want to overdo this.. So I didn't add in too many weapons, or martial arts, or the shuriken bouncing away from someody.. That's just too much for RuneScape.

(And by the way, most of that info is on the links..)

Yjankyou for the additions, I will add them to the main post when I'm not dozing off at the keyboard...

x12.png

blackgoldrobesrv5.png

Yes I am a girl. No, I won't be your girlfriend. :oops:

May I direct your attention to the Runescape homepage, title logo, third character from the left.

Logo

I'd say that looks to be a ninja. Or am I simply lacking familiarity with that armor and weapon?

Its actually Rogues Outfit, but the weapon is a Wazikashi.

I wish every item in those images were available to players, including the ability to wield fishing rods and sit down.

Untitled.png

My heart is broken by the terrible loss I have sustained in my old friends and companions and my poor soldiers. Believe me, nothing except a battle lost can be half so melancholy as a battle won. -Sir Arthur Wellesley

May I direct your attention to the Runescape homepage, title logo, third character from the left.

Logo

I'd say that looks to be a ninja. Or am I simply lacking familiarity with that armor and weapon?

I wish every item in those images were available to players, including the ability to wield fishing rods and sit down.

Ah, my mistake.

Logo

^^^^

ditto!

jfkmk3.jpg

New sigzor^^

It's likely that if Jagex went really overboard with an update with too much new equipment, all the little kids who dress up like Ninjas for Halloween would go and get themselves killed, or just ruin the game for the other half of Runescape's population with their constant ranting.

Since I think Jagex is planning on adding an area with an 'Asian' theme (There is an NPC in port Phasmatys with a katana) I think they should add Ninja style weapons as well.

___Weapons (Melee)___

-Ninja Sword

-Hand-Scythe

___Weapons (Range)___

___Weapons (Mage)___

-3rd eye scroll: Teaches "Insight". Lets you see the current HP and max HP of the thing that you are currently attacking.

Meditation Scroll: Teaches "Charge" LV.2. Charges Mage Arena spells AND normal damaging spells for a limited time.

Leach Scroll: Teaches "Skill Drain". Drains oppenent's strength and adds it to yours for a limited time. only works on players, and can't be used again until opponent recovers their strength or drinks a restore potion.

___Armour___

Ninja mask

Ninja body

Ninja vambraces\gloves

Ninja Chaps\leggings

(Ninja 'outfit' could come in different dark colors -Red, Black, Gray, Dark blue, & Maybe Camo)

Your also missing kunai knives on that list, most ninja weapons were just farm implements, shuriken were originally for taking out nails...

u should also include explosion scrolls :D

___Weapons (Melee)___

-Ninja Sword

-Hand-Scythe

___Weapons (Range)___

___Weapons (Mage)___

___Armour___

Ninja mask

Ninja body

Ninja vambraces\gloves

Ninja Chaps\leggings

not bad idea....

I BET RANGERS WILL SAY: "WHERE'S OUR PART!!?!?" if there's no range weapons in this all(not that i mind if there's no range stuff...).

Known in-game as Mister evil9(lvl 93)(P2P).

Modding gta2(making maps, scripts,editing it).

On world 54 mostly.

Made a nice GTA2 site!

A little in-active...

not bad idea....

I BET RANGERS WILL SAY: "WHERE'S OUR PART!!?!?" if there's no range weapons in this all(not that i mind if there's no range stuff...).

Learn to read:

___Weapons (Range)___

Untitled.png

My heart is broken by the terrible loss I have sustained in my old friends and companions and my poor soldiers. Believe me, nothing except a battle lost can be half so melancholy as a battle won. -Sir Arthur Wellesley