Best way to train melee?

Powerfrog

Hey. I feel like training 92-99 attack to finally complete my character in terms of offensive melee, and i'm wondering what the best way to do it is.

I have about 90m to spend, but obviously would prefer to spend as little as possible. I have turmoli, extremes, c rapier, c maul.

I currently do troll invasion hard mode with full strength gear (except firecape, don't have one currently) and constantly claw special, with rapier for when out of specials. This gets over 100k attack xp/hour (I havn't actually checked the exact amount. I'll do that next time i go.)

I'd absolutley love if i could get decent charms/effigies while doing this, but it isn't extremely important.

Oh by the way this isn't for Host earl if you're looking at my highscores, this is for my (former) pking account.

CNqWHdA.jpg

The absolute fastest exp is vyrewatch with a blisterwood polearm and 500 corpses cremated. That caps at around 150-160 k exp/hr. Next is zombie monkeys at ape atoll which is around 130 k exp/hr. AZ's are around 100 k/hr and give about 150 k/hr in drops plus a small number of charms.

There's aren't any great charms/effigies while gaining over 100 k exp/hr, so I'd say do vyrewatch/zombie monkies to get it out of the way and use your 99 strength to do CT waterfiends or barrage lobsters/cannon black demons (if you want effigies).

witchynosaur.png

Armadyl Drops : 4 Hilts; 3 Chestplates; 2 Chainskirts; 1 Helmet; 1 Buckler; 2 Shard 1; 2 Shard 2; 1 Shard 3

Nex : 1 Zaryte Bow

Kalphite King : 1 Drygore Rapier ; 1 Drygore Longsword : 1 Drygore Offhand Rapier : 1 Drygore Offhand Longsword

Considering your after charms and effigies, I would recommend just using the highest slayer master you can for all your combat needs. This is proving extremely effective for me (currently trying to max attack strength and defence). I'm not sure of an xp/hour figure.

From 80-87 slayer I've gained - 23 effigies

A slayer tab worth around 18mill

2.2m exp in Attack Strength and Defence, and HP (Whip on controlled)

2.35m in Summoning. Summoning exp usually (in my experience) increases at the same rate as slayer.

Cake....

Cake?

The absolute fastest exp is vyrewatch with a blisterwood polearm and 500 corpses cremated. That caps at around 150-160 k exp/hr. Next is zombie monkeys at ape atoll which is around 130 k exp/hr. AZ's are around 100 k/hr and give about 150 k/hr in drops plus a small number of charms.

There's aren't any great charms/effigies while gaining over 100 k exp/hr, so I'd say do vyrewatch/zombie monkies to get it out of the way and use your 99 strength to do CT waterfiends or barrage lobsters/cannon black demons (if you want effigies).

Got a link to a vyrewatch guide?

Hollow_Bones.png

Got a link to a vyrewatch guide?

You could check quest guide of "Branches of Darkmeyer, The"

Aha_its_you.png

Considering your after charms and effigies, I would recommend just using the highest slayer master you can for all your combat needs. This is proving extremely effective for me (currently trying to max attack strength and defence). I'm not sure of an xp/hour figure.

From 80-87 slayer I've gained - 23 effigies

A slayer tab worth around 18mill

2.2m exp in Attack Strength and Defence, and HP (Whip on controlled)

2.35m in Summoning. Summoning exp usually (in my experience) increases at the same rate as slayer.

He specifically said that charms/effigies aren't extremely important. Read the thread before responding.

witchynosaur.png

Armadyl Drops : 4 Hilts; 3 Chestplates; 2 Chainskirts; 1 Helmet; 1 Buckler; 2 Shard 1; 2 Shard 2; 1 Shard 3

Kalphite King : 1 Drygore Rapier ; 1 Drygore Longsword : 1 Drygore Offhand Rapier : 1 Drygore Offhand Longsword

Note that the blisterwood polearm doesn't have an Accurate stance, so you can only train attack on vyres if you use Controlled.

Ahh. Thanks a lot for pointing that out, i would have done the quest and got all ready then been extremely disappointed. Do you know if it has a defensive style?

Thanks for the suggestion, but i'm not a fan of slayer. It's slow effigies, slow xp, slow charms... I'd much rather 'grind' one creature that gives better than all on average, for example waterfiends or black demons.

Ape atol sounds great. But i'm confused how it's such good xp. Is it just because you're constantly in combat there or something? Or is that under special circumstances, like 1hp dharoking?

So far it looks like i'm sticking to troll invasion and maybe trying few waterfiend and ape atol trips.

CNqWHdA.jpg

The Zombie (or Skeleton) monkeys under the temple in Ape Atoll is a great place to train as the monkeys give good XP, have a good respawn rate and you can camp indefinitely by using a melee prayer as there is a temple to recharge the Prayer points extremely close. Now I did it from Attack 60 to 72 there so I am not sure if it is still good for near maxed stats.

Dusk%20Soul.png

The Zombie (or Skeleton) monkeys under the temple in Ape Atoll is a great place to train as the monkeys give good XP, have a good respawn rate and you can camp indefinitely by using a melee prayer as there is a temple to recharge the Prayer points extremely close. Now I did it from Attack 60 to 72 there so I am not sure if it is still good for near maxed stats.

It's a good place to train, but it's nowhere near the best XP rate. If you absolutely cannot stand competition for spawns, go here. This place is AFKable anyway.

SWAG

Mayn U wanna be like me but U can't be me cuz U ain't got ma swagga on.

Do you know if it has a defensive style?

Yeah, it has Aggressive, Defensive, and Controlled. The Aggressive stance is the most effective of the three because it's the one that uses slash instead of stab; its slash stat is higher.

My main goal is to max out all combat related things. Such as overloads, turmoil, 138cb, absolute best gear, all combat equipment unlocking or boss unlocking quests... I don't really care about things like fletching or farming unless they unlock something i'll use for combat. Currently don't care about slayer, but i am anxious to see what the new update is going to be. (All effigies currently going on what i consider the hardest useful skill, summoning.)

Monkey altar, how close are we talking here? If i were to use prayer potions instead and bank for more when out, would it be better or worse xp? Assume constant turmoil and protection.

CNqWHdA.jpg

I'm not sure if it would be faster to train cb then barrage for charms, or to kill a good charm dropper and get a high summ level as you max melees. I can run calcs for you tomorrow-ish when I don't have family over, though.

Actually, looking at your stats, you probably won't break 90 summ even if you train at wfs. That said, I'd recommend going for fast training, then barraging the rest of the way.

Almost anything these days is good for training, just bring a couple exts, ppots, a cb familiar if its multi, void, and a salve, and you should be able to break 100k xp in most places.

As for zombie monkeys, iirc, the altar takes a good 10 or 15 seconds to get to, so it's best to bring ppots.

Note that the blisterwood polearm doesn't have an Accurate stance, so you can only train attack on vyres if you use Controlled.

Ahh. Thanks a lot for pointing that out, i would have done the quest and got all ready then been extremely disappointed. Do you know if it has a defensive style?

Thanks for the suggestion, but i'm not a fan of slayer. It's slow effigies, slow xp, slow charms... I'd much rather 'grind' one creature that gives better than all on average, for example waterfiends or black demons.

Ape atol sounds great. But i'm confused how it's such good xp. Is it just because you're constantly in combat there or something? Or is that under special circumstances, like 1hp dharoking?

So far it looks like i'm sticking to troll invasion and maybe trying few waterfiend and ape atol trips.

Ape atoll is great because you can use a combat familiar and a salve ammy (e) which stacks its bonuses with void.

Edit

Don't use the place by the altar, use the tunnels, its much better.

witchynosaur.png