Runescape Pkers = Ignorant Hypocrites

Conkere

I can understand you don't see the need for it, and I won't be claiming that I'm in the majority nor that Jagex has to do that. But what exactly (If you leave the amount of time Jagex would have to spend on coding this) would bother you about non-PvP worlds? No matter what, I cannot think of anything that would trouble anyone except griefers. You yourself consider them douchebags, so why in particular don't you like the idea(Or rather, why aren't you indifferent about it)?

If they were to make 1 world like it was pre-FT/W reintroductions, it would skew risk-reward drastically. Essentially, you would be walking in a space of nothingness because everyone would want the easy-to-kill revenants meaning there would be literally no danger for you guys. You might as well ask for an empty wilderness for all the sense that makes.

If you assume that revenants cannot be made roughly as dangerous as the PKers you encounter. I don't see why that shouldn't be possible, but maybe you can explain it in a way that I understand it. Ginger_warrior tried to but that didn't really convince me...

• Replies 67
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

If you assume that revenants cannot be made roughly as dangerous as the PKers you encounter. I don't see why that shouldn't be possible, but maybe you can explain it in a way that I understand it.

...Did you even go into the wilderness when free trade was removed? It's not an assumption. It was fact. Revenants were not as dangerous or complex as pkers. And you simply can't mimic that.

Again, if you think revenants were as dangerous as pkers you are seriously lacking in survival skills.

hzvjpwS.gif

Revants cannot adapt. They are given a fighting style and cannot change it. Therefore, players can find the weakness in their fighting style, combat tricks, whatever you want to call it, and exploit it.

The same cannot be said for players because players can react, adapt and learn.

PVM and PVP are simply not on the same playing field.

Also, what would Revs that are just as powerful as PK'ers accomplish, exactly?

Squab unleashes Megiddo! Completed all quests and hard diaries. 75+ Skiller. (At one point.) 2000+ total. 99 Magic.
[spoiler=The rest of my sig. You know you wanna see it.]

my difinition of noob is i dont like u, either u are better then me or u are worst them me

Buying spins make you a bad person...don't do it. It's like buying nukes for North Korea.

Well if it bothers you that the game is more fun now, then you can go cry in a corner. :shame:

your article was the equivalent of a circumcized porcupine

The only thing wrong with it is the lack of a percentage for when you need to stroke it.

7ApdH.png
squabharpy.png
Poignant Purple to Lokie's Ravishing Red and Alg's Brilliant Blue.

Yes I did go in the wilderness quite often before the reintroduction of PvP. I liked revenant hunting and I liked herding penguins there. Revenants weren't as dangerous as PKers, but they can easily be made as dangerous. Not as complex, not as flexible, that sure is true. A rev with the same levels as a PKer would obviously stand no chance against him. But you can just up those stats, give him some extra abilities(Able to run, longer freezes, whatever) Remember that you wouldn't be thinking about someone with full gear, max stats and years of experience when you talk about the average PKer you will encounter. Especially considering that those who fall into this category will most likely not spend their time running after some random players but rather will engage in higher risk PvP fights.

And the point of making Revenants as dangerous as Pkers? So non-PvP worlds can be introduced for those who have no interest in being griefed while keeping the danger level on the same scale, seeing as this apparently is what everyone is so concerned about when suggesting non-PvP worlds.

Yes I did go in the wilderness quite often before the reintroduction of PvP. I liked revenant hunting and I liked herding penguins there. Revenants weren't as dangerous as PKers, but they can easily be made as dangerous. Not as complex, not as flexible, that sure is true. A rev with the same levels as a PKer would obviously stand no chance against him. But you can just up those stats, give him some extra abilities(Able to run, longer freezes, whatever) Remember that you wouldn't be thinking about someone with full gear, max stats and years of experience when you talk about the average PKer you will encounter. Especially considering that those who fall into this category will most likely not spend their time running after some random players but rather will engage in higher risk PvP fights.

And the point of making Revenants as dangerous as Pkers? So non-PvP worlds can be introduced for those who have no interest in being griefed while keeping the danger level on the same scale, seeing as this apparently is what everyone is so concerned about when suggesting non-PvP worlds.

Right. Ignoring the "Can revs be as dangerous as PK'ers" debate for a second, and assume that there are Revenants just as dangerous as PK'ers.

What's stopping the Revs from griefing people instead of PK'ers?

Squab unleashes Megiddo! Completed all quests and hard diaries. 75+ Skiller. (At one point.) 2000+ total. 99 Magic.

my difinition of noob is i dont like u, either u are better then me or u are worst them me

Buying spins make you a bad person...don't do it. It's like buying nukes for North Korea.

Well if it bothers you that the game is more fun now, then you can go cry in a corner. :shame:

The only thing wrong with it is the lack of a percentage for when you need to stroke it.

7ApdH.png
squabharpy.png

Revenants weren't as dangerous as PKers, but they can easily be made as dangerous. Not as complex, not as flexible, that sure is true.

You just said exactly why revenants can never be as dangerous as pkers.

The spirit wolf special move.

The only reason why someone would want revs instead of pkers is because they want it easier than it should be. The 'griefing is pking' attitude is absolutely ridiculous.

hzvjpwS.gif

I'm fully opposed to non-pvp worlds...that takes risk out of what is meant to be a risky area. They would defeat the purpose of the Wilderness, in my opinion.

That having been said, there is no reason that a Revenant couldn't be stronger than a player. Give a revenant a max hit of 2000...give it high poison, give it protection prayers or curses, give it ancient magic, make it level 1000 combat, and give it some sorts of special attacks, then put it up against a player with maxed gear, ovls (even if they aren't allowed in the wildy now), whatever familiar they would like, turmoil, maxed melee, etc. Then tell me that revenant is less powerful than a PKer. If you're going to make the argument that the player is still more powerful, raise the rev's max hit to 2500. Let it poison higher. Still weaker than a PKer? Make it stronger.

Follow my progress toward maxing in f2p here:

http://forum.tip.it/topic/296111-levine1996-maxing-out-100-f2p/

Right. Ignoring the "Can revs be as dangerous as PK'ers" debate for a second, and assume that there are Revenants just as dangerous as PK'ers.

A revenant is a piece of code. It can by definition not grief you, as a part of griefing is the malicious intent, the will to ruin the fun of others. That's the difference.

Revenants weren't as dangerous as PKers, but they can easily be made as dangerous. Not as complex, not as flexible, that sure is true.

The only reason why someone would want revs instead of pkers is because they want it easier than it should be. The 'griefing is pking' attitude is absolutely ridiculous.

Only if you're talking about revenants with somewhat similar levels. Up their stats and abilities, bam they're more dangerous.

The only time when I tried the spirit wolf move(while agility training I think) it didn't work for the 20 or so times that I tried it. If it bothers you that much, Jagex can disable it, no big deal.

And no, wanting it to be easier is not the only possible reason why someone would want non-pvp worlds. If you don't agree with me fine - but claiming that my viewpoint doesn't exist and that I'm just a little crybaby whining about dying is ignorant.

And yes, griefing can be PKing. I don't see why that shouldn't be possible.

And no, wanting it to be easier is not the only possible reason why someone would want non-pvp worlds. If you don't agree with me fine - but claiming that my viewpoint doesn't exist and that I'm just a little crybaby whining about dying is ignorant.

Then what's the reason? Understand, I ask because you keep flip-flopping. First, people complain about pkers because they ruin the non-pvp activities that were thrown into the wilderness to bring activities there during the sucking-void of Removal of FT/W. Then it's said that Revenants can be in there, and they're just as dangerous as pkers. Then when that's clearly disproven, they say that they can make them more powerful than the Corporeal Beast (based on some of the strange ideas here) and that would suffice. Then they say that if all of these ideas are pointed out as clearly bad ideas that turn risk-reward on its head as well as destroying repurposed content (forthintry dungeon) that I'm ignorant. I don't claim you're a crybaby, I just honestly don't see how you can advocate such a change behind your ever-changing reasoning. If I offended you, I apologize.

hzvjpwS.gif

Then what's the reason? Understand, I ask because you keep flip-flopping. First, people complain about pkers because they ruin the non-pvp activities that were thrown into the wilderness to bring activities there during the sucking-void of Removal of FT/W. Then it's said that Revenants can be in there, and they're just as dangerous as pkers. Then when that's clearly disproven, they say that they can make them more powerful than the Corporeal Beast (based on some of the strange ideas here) and that would suffice. Then they say that if all of these ideas are pointed out as clearly bad ideas that turn risk-reward on its head as well as destroying repurposed content (forthintry dungeon) that I'm ignorant. I don't claim you're a crybaby, I just honestly don't see how you can advocate such a change behind your ever-changing reasoning. If I offended you, I apologize.

It's not an ever-changing reason, it's the same reason all along that I just insufficiently brought across. And I apologize for my tone in the last post - I wasn't in the best mood when I wrote it.

The essential thing is: I don't want to die(or even have to bother with him, for that matter) to a player who's there to ruin my fun. It's a fundamental difference for me whether I die to a griefer or a monster. I don't want it to be easier, but I don't want to be exposed to griefing if that's possible. If this update is worth the time investment needed is another matter - but honestly, I cannot see a big issue someone would have with it unless they're a griefer.

The example with the revenant was an extreme one to show that it is possible to make revs more dangerous than PKers. Having a max hit of 2000 obviously wouldn't be ideal - you just have to balance the stats accordingly. I still don't see how it was "clearly disproven" that revs can be as dangerous as PKers when all they cannot be is as flexible and versatile as PKers - but that's not everything that counts in the RS combat system, not by far.

I called you ignorant(apologies for that) because you claimed that the only real reason why someone would like such a change is that they want it to be easier. You didn't understand my viewpoint yet, but simply saying that my reasons for not liking it don't exist(which you effectively did) is a bit...

As for the destroying of repurposed content, I don't see the issue. The drop tables of Revs in non-PvP worlds can be adjusted to make the forinrthy dungeon still worthwhile.

A revenant is a piece of code. It can by definition not grief you, as a part of griefing is the malicious intent, the will to ruin the fun of others. That's the difference.

Only if you're talking about revenants with somewhat similar levels. Up their stats and abilities, bam they're more dangerous.

The only time when I tried the spirit wolf move(while agility training I think) it didn't work for the 20 or so times that I tried it. If it bothers you that much, Jagex can disable it, no big deal.

And yes, griefing can be PKing. I don't see why that shouldn't be possible.

Bah. A PK'er kills you while hunting penguins because he's an ass. A Rev kills you while hunting penguins because it does.

End result? You died hunting penguins. Quite frankly, I don't see any fundamental difference. If you die because of a griefer in the wilderness, well you acknowledged those risks when you went in the wilderness. You don't have to, you know.

Ignoring the Rev vs PK'er thing (make it as dangerous and rare as a 138 with Virtus? Okay :rolleyes: )... The debate seems to be "I wanna peng hunt without getting PK'ed" vs "Deal with it."

Considering how little you should actually have to deal with PK'ers at pengs, I say deal with it. Many weeks there isn't even a wilde peng. Just go in there with dhide or don't hunt the peng. -shrugs-

7ApdH.png
squabharpy.png

Many weeks there isn't even a wilde peng.

It's about 50/50 and typically on weeks when there is a wildy penguin there are two. This week in fact there are three. And when I played (Wednesday night) there were plenty of little children pking everyone who was penguin hunting. The majority of penguin hunters clearly had nothing worth taking but were still getting jumped left and right.

It must be some kind of rush knowing you're making the game crappy for some random person. :roll:

Killing penguin hunters is a good way to upgrade your wilderness hood thingy.

Indeed it is...it's probably one of the reasons why the PKing happens here. It would be cool if the hood was able to distinguish between real fights and killing people who probably don't even fight back because right know, I feel the hood is more or less worthless. Is there any particular achievement to running around and whacking on some people with no armour or weapons on? At the same time, those who might have gotten their hood "legitimately" don't gain anything out of it either, as no one is able to tell whether they are telling the truth...

• 5 weeks later...

I can understand you don't see the need for it, and I won't be claiming that I'm in the majority nor that Jagex has to do that. But what exactly (If you leave the amount of time Jagex would have to spend on coding this) would bother you about non-PvP worlds? No matter what, I cannot think of anything that would trouble anyone except griefers. You yourself consider them douchebags, so why in particular don't you like the idea(Or rather, why aren't you indifferent about it)?

• 2 weeks later...

This guy is ridiculous, I posted on his video about how ironic it was that he was crying so hard about people crying, and to get over it, he gets mad and blocks me. He seems to have blocked every single person disagreeing with him L.

You rule man :thumbup:

Check it out, huge amount of effort has gone into this massive mod!

ODG6e0M.png

[hide=old sig]

newsig.png

[/hide]