Runescape Pkers = Ignorant Hypocrites

Conkere

• Replies 67
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

This is PvP. People in PvP like to talk trash. They want it to get to you. They want your reaction. You know how you fix this?publicchatoff.png

If it still gets to you, get out.

Some of it may be that but a lot of the times they tele/run if you're not using/doing what they want. People need to stfu and just pk or gtfo.

Pk'ers view of the world:

If my opponent is doing something that prevents me from winning, he's playing unfairly.

You need to understand that running into hypocritical, foul mouthed idiots who don't listen to reason is part of the internet.

Squab unleashes Megiddo! Completed all quests and hard diaries. 75+ Skiller. (At one point.) 2000+ total. 99 Magic.
[spoiler=The rest of my sig. You know you wanna see it.]

my difinition of noob is i dont like u, either u are better then me or u are worst them me

Buying spins make you a bad person...don't do it. It's like buying nukes for North Korea.

Well if it bothers you that the game is more fun now, then you can go cry in a corner. :shame:

your article was the equivalent of a circumcized porcupine

The only thing wrong with it is the lack of a percentage for when you need to stroke it.

7ApdH.png
squabharpy.png
Poignant Purple to Lokie's Ravishing Red and Alg's Brilliant Blue.

This is priceless. 'they tele/run if you're not using/doing what they want.'

You do realise that tele/running is doing something that you don't want, and using a pneck or other unfair things can be ranked just as bad.

Now who's the hypocrite.

People these days... :wall:

Seriously, go troll elsewhere...

Pk'ing sucks. It should be like WOW, you can only fight another player if you are challenged and accept. BUT, Runescape is not that way unfortunately and even moreso, full of 12 year olds. SO, you have to deal not only with the pk'ing, but moronic childish taunting.

Or, stay out of the wilderness. I haven't gone there much at all in the last year since they brought it back. I'll not let some 12 old mage pure take my stuff. Runescape has gone downhill since they brought it back. You can tell by how few players there are anymore. Must have killed their membership. Hopefully they'll get rid of it again soon.

Pk'ing sucks. It should be like WOW, you can only fight another player if you are challenged and accept. BUT, Runescape is not that way unfortunately and even moreso, full of 12 year olds. SO, you have to deal not only with the pk'ing, but moronic childish taunting.

Or, stay out of the wilderness. I haven't gone there much at all in the last year since they brought it back. I'll not let some 12 old mage pure take my stuff. Runescape has gone downhill since they brought it back. You can tell by how few players there are anymore. Must have killed their membership. Hopefully they'll get rid of it again soon.

Hardly true. While PvP is better in WoW, trust me when I say they have their fair share of 'moronic childish taunting'.

As for everything else, well, I honestly don't know how to take it. It makes very little sense. Rather than actually criticizing PvP in runescape I think you just don't like danger when you go out into the wilderness...

hzvjpwS.gif

They're trying to make you angry to keep you fighting and making mistakes. Don't get provocated: why be friendly when I'm supposed to put my sword through your heart and backbone?

When you're in the wilderness, consider You making the rules, and consider your opponent trying to break every single one of them, after that, accept it's just a game. The only thing you need to do to respect your opponent is to follow runescape rules.

If stfu was part of pk, there was no public chat in wilderness.

If you want people to stfu, claw spec veng barrage etc. Oh dear, the opponent stfued!

Your loot might include anything from a half-eaten shark to teleport runes.

Mission accomplished.

The moment you start to feel unhappy while pking, maybe it's time for a break.

Two rules for pking: relax, have fun. If you let other players prevent those two, you're doing it wrong.

hvXho.png

99+ all 23rd March 2012 - 2496 total 13th June 2012.

9000+ dragon drops! Including draconic visage, d chains, d spears, d2h, d claws, d meds, d legs, d skirts... d bones, d hides :)?

w85p2012-1.png

I want jagex to put resource dungeons and dungeoneering skill doors to dungeoneering floors so I can dungeon and get dungeoneering xp while I dg so I don't have to dg to get dg exp, but I can dg while I dg :)?

They're trying to make you angry to keep you fighting and making mistakes. Don't get provocated: why be friendly when I'm supposed to put my sword through your heart and backbone?

When you're in the wilderness, consider You making the rules, and consider your opponent trying to break every single one of them, after that, accept it's just a game. The only thing you need to do to respect your opponent is to follow runescape rules.

If you want people to stfu, claw spec veng barrage etc. Oh dear, the opponent stfued!

Mission accomplished.

Two rules for pking: relax, have fun. If you let other players prevent those two, you're doing it wrong.

Well all I have to say is that "taunting" doesn't work on me because if they complain about me "safing", I'll really safe, and if they complain about my P neck, I'll wear it the whole fight, etc. And for making me angry to stay longer, I always fight until death, unless if they're complete punks like that 1 guy, because losing 200k isn't that big of a deal but most of the time I don't have to worry about running because they always tele/run before me.

Well, that's one reason I don't like PKing.

If my opponent is doing something that prevents me from winning, he's playing unfairly.

Elitist's view of the world:

If someone is lower level than them, they're noob / kid.

If they're a higher level, they need to get a life and/or are bots.

That attitude is not just in PKing.

Though PKing is the place where it's the most rampant.

93959819.png

Leaaf.png

Hardly true. While PvP is better in WoW, trust me when I say they have their fair share of 'moronic childish taunting'.

As for everything else, well, I honestly don't know how to take it. It makes very little sense. Rather than actually criticizing PvP in runescape I think you just don't like danger when you go out into the wilderness...

I don't like the danger. It's really unfair that a player can use a mage spell to freeze and teleblock you, swipe you once with a ddp++, dragon claws twice, and your dead. It's no wonder RS membership has plummeted.

Mission accomplished.

Well all I have to say is that "taunting" doesn't work on me because if they complain about me "safing", I'll really safe, and if they complain about my P neck, I'll wear it the whole fight, etc. And for making me angry to stay longer, I always fight until death, unless if they're complete punks like that 1 guy, because losing 200k isn't that big of a deal but most of the time I don't have to worry about running because they always tele/run before me.

You can only control your own actions. The only real PK'ing rules are the in-game rules and, well, how the game works. No rule or game mechanic says you can't safe in a fight or wear a P neck. Smilarly, no rule in the game says they can't run if they think they will die. You can't do anything about someone running just like they can't do anything about you safing or the P neck.

PK'ers are actually a lot like little kids: they make up arbitrary rules they expect you to follow just because it helps them win. If the game mechanics allow it and it doesn't break a rule (i.e. a glitch) then it's 100% acceptable to due it while PK'ing.

Well, that's one reason I don't like PKing.

Elitist's view of the world:

If someone is lower level than them, they're noob / kid.

If they're a higher level, they need to get a life and/or are bots.

That attitude is not just in PKing.

Though PKing is the place where it's the most rampant.

Did you steal that from my sig or something? :rolleyes:

To be fair, it's just a quote from someone else. Also, I'm curious about what you define elitist as. Either way, it probably applies to more then just elitists.

I don't like the danger. It's really unfair that a player can use a mage spell to freeze and teleblock you, swipe you once with a ddp++, dragon claws twice, and your dead. It's no wonder RS membership has plummeted.

RS membership plummeted because of bot nuking? To some people, the risky wilderness is the appeal of RS and what sets it apart from other games. Just stay out of the wilderness.

Squab unleashes Megiddo! Completed all quests and hard diaries. 75+ Skiller. (At one point.) 2000+ total. 99 Magic.

my difinition of noob is i dont like u, either u are better then me or u are worst them me

Buying spins make you a bad person...don't do it. It's like buying nukes for North Korea.

Well if it bothers you that the game is more fun now, then you can go cry in a corner. :shame:

The only thing wrong with it is the lack of a percentage for when you need to stroke it.

7ApdH.png
squabharpy.png

Sorry, bot-nuking lowered the amount of bots, but look at how few members there are anymore. Most worlds are WELL under 1,000 members, many in the 2-300's. There were very few bot programs prior to the update, most of the botters came well after the wilderness/free trade update. There were some crude macroing programs and auto-clickers, but not on any large scale. A lot of people quit since the wilderness was brought back. Coincidence? Maybe, maybe not. I just think back to the PVP worlds that existed during the years the old-style wilderness existed. They were often all but empty. At most on a good day you'd see a few hundred members signed in there.

And, as a rule I don't go into the wilderness, but some activities, such as Bork, Penguin Hunting, etc... REQUIRE you to do so. Some of us just want to play the game, not get attacked unfairly by some preteen who plays 11 hours a day. It's fine to put things in the wildy that are easier to get to, or are a more abundant resource than in the non-wildy (rune ore, green/red dragons, etc), but there shouldn't be anything in the wildy you can't avoid going in the wilderness for. Make the risk worth the danger, but not an unfair necessity.

"Sorry, bot-nuking lowered the amount of bots, but look at how few members there are anymore. Most worlds are WELL under 1,000 members, many in the 2-300's. There were very few bot programs prior to the update, most of the botters came well after the wilderness/free trade update. There were some crude macroing programs and auto-clickers, but not on any large scale. A lot of people quit since the wilderness was brought back. Coincidence? Maybe, maybe not. I just think back to the PVP worlds that existed during the years the old-style wilderness existed. They were often all but empty. At most on a good day you'd see a few hundred members signed in there."

Ok this did you ever go anywhere that bots where the reason most worlds are under 1,000 members is before the bot nuke the rest where BOTS! and the wildy worlds where empty because all the pkers quit because of them and when wildy came back lots of old pkers came back to the game.

Artemis101.png

Artemis101.png

archsupportei2.png

My a-log pic (which I'm too lazy to upload as you can just go look at it).

We're too lazy to go find it.

Ok this did you ever go anywhere that bots where the reason most worlds are under 1,000 members is before the bot nuke the rest where BOTS! and the wildy worlds where empty because all the pkers quit because of them and when wildy came back lots of old pkers came back to the game.

I have no idea what you just said.

If the 'risk isn't worth the danger' (I think you mean reward) then don't bloody do it then. Otherwise do it and stop moaning about it.

The whole point of the wilderness is that it's a dangerous area that you will likely die in. That's why they put the revs in when the wilderness died. They want it to be tough on you.

Waiting this long to wipe out bots and then doing it in one massive swoop is the core reason there are so few players today. When it was younger it could have regrown over time and be a more popular legit playerbase. But instead, i fear runescape will die before we hit 300k players online ever again.

CNqWHdA.jpg

And, as a rule I don't go into the wilderness, but some activities, such as Bork, Penguin Hunting, etc... REQUIRE you to do so. S

I hate to break it to you, but you don't have to go into the wilderness to do either of those things. The chaos tunnels have a non-wilderness access point as well as not having to obtain the wilderness penguins. Almost all activities that have you go out in the wilderness have a buffed reward to go along with it. The only exception would be clue scrolls, and that's only because of how old that content is and market trends.

You're acting as if the pkers have penned you in and you can't play your game anymore. Chopping a tree? NOPE THERE'S A PKER. Doing a quest? NOPE THERE'S A PKER. Playing Stealing Creation? NOPE THERE'S A PKER. Except...that never happens. Ever. So really, there's not a lot of weight to your complaints. At all. :/

hzvjpwS.gif

And, as a rule I don't go into the wilderness, but some activities, such as Bork, Penguin Hunting, etc... REQUIRE you to do so. S

I hate to break it to you, but you don't have to go into the wilderness to do either of those things. The chaos tunnels have a non-wilderness access point as well as not having to obtain the wilderness penguins. Almost all activities that have you go out in the wilderness have a buffed reward to go along with it. The only exception would be clue scrolls, and that's only because of how old that content is and market trends.

You're acting as if the pkers have penned you in and you can't play your game anymore. Chopping a tree? NOPE THERE'S A PKER. Doing a quest? NOPE THERE'S A PKER. Playing Stealing Creation? NOPE THERE'S A PKER. Except...that never happens. Ever. So really, there's not a lot of weight to your complaints. At all. :/

Not everyone likes PKing though, regardless of how dangerous it is. And if you want to get all your pengs, you do have to go there. Same if you want to rev hunt - again you have to go to a PvP area. It's kinda annoying that there are activities that aren't related to PvP yet require you to go there if you want to do them.

Not everyone likes PKing though, regardless of how dangerous it is. And if you want to get all your pengs, you do have to go there. Same if you want to rev hunt - again you have to go to a PvP area. It's kinda annoying that there are activities that aren't related to PvP yet require you to go there if you want to do them.

If you want to do them but you don't like the wilderness, then you clearly don't want to do them enough. I don't like pking, I don't like pkers. Yet you don't see me shying away from dangerous activities because the risk is outweighed by the reward.

So hopefully you'll understand why I say that complaining about it holds no weight when there's still ways to do some things--or if there isn't, there is compensated reward to make up for the risk. It's a load of rubbish.

hzvjpwS.gif

If the danger:reward proportions aren't balanced, then the solution to that is to buff up the rewards, not remove the danger. I think almost all RuneScape players would like to see more risk for greater reward, rather than play a game with zero danger. 99 cooking doesn't really get the adrenaline pumping as much as entering the Wilderness does, end of.

I also don't understand where this axiom of Peng Hunting > PKing has come from. Why does your 'right' to do penguin hunting outweigh a PKer's 'right' to kill players in their own backyard?

Sorry, bot-nuking lowered the amount of bots, but look at how few members there are anymore. Most worlds are WELL under 1,000 members, many in the 2-300's. There were very few bot programs prior to the update, most of the botters came well after the wilderness/free trade update. There were some crude macroing programs and auto-clickers, but not on any large scale. A lot of people quit since the wilderness was brought back. Coincidence? Maybe, maybe not. I just think back to the PVP worlds that existed during the years the old-style wilderness existed. They were often all but empty. At most on a good day you'd see a few hundred members signed in there.

And, as a rule I don't go into the wilderness, but some activities, such as Bork, Penguin Hunting, etc... REQUIRE you to do so. Some of us just want to play the game, not get attacked unfairly by some preteen who plays 11 hours a day. It's fine to put things in the wildy that are easier to get to, or are a more abundant resource than in the non-wildy (rune ore, green/red dragons, etc), but there shouldn't be anything in the wildy you can't avoid going in the wilderness for. Make the risk worth the danger, but not an unfair necessity.

Well, for one thing, even back when trade was restricted, botting was fairly rampant, it's just people did it on their mains.

For another thing, there might be two penguins a week tops that are in the wilderness, and Bork isn't the only source of charms in the game. It's just a more "abundant resource" in terms of charm collecting. Plus you can go through the chaos tunnels.

As for Revs, they were put in the wilderness to try to replace the danger of the removed PK'ers (back when wilde/FT was removed) and their drops were primarily intended for PVP use.

In any rate, pengs give exp or GP, and there are other ways to earn both of those without penguins.

7ApdH.png
squabharpy.png