Jimmy's DIY Diary

Hi, I'm DIY Jimmy and welcome to my goals and achievement thread.

Most Recent Accomplishments

DIY_Jimmy.png

Intro

I used to have a RSOF thread, but i'm now transferring over to these forums. As so i am restarting every such as my starting stats and slayer logs etc. to the creation of this thread (4th December 2011). If you want to view my old thread it is at QFC [qfc]48-49-706-63166078[/qfc], but do it soon as it'll fall off page 51 eventually.

What Is DIY?

Before we begin with goals and everything, i feel the need to explain what's special about my account.

My account isn't a normal account, i play as a DIY'er (Do It Yourself'er), which basically means i don't interact with other players. The rules this type of account follows really depends on that person but the rules for mine are:

- No trading, whether for actual items or for lending items.

- No use of the Grand Exchange.

- No use of the assist system.

- No use of minigame rewards that give MAJOR bonus xp (stealing creation items, penance horn etc.)

- No group bossing, whether it be ls, cs or ffa.

- No Squeel Of Luck

I can, however:

- Play group-minigames.

- Group Dungeoneer (however, i'm only allowed to bind items i've got myself).

- Trade with NPC-owned shops (i prefer to get the items myself if i can though since high-alch is my only main money maker).

I have broken these rules though to complete the two quests Shield of Arrav and Heroes' Quest. I did this as the trades themselves where only for quest-related items so didn't directly affect my account in any way, and without the two quests i can't use a whole lot of content.

Stats

Starting Stats:

qs127l.png

Current Stats:

DIY%20Jimmy.png

Goals

Skill Goals:

54 Runecrafting - For law rune crafting

150872.png

58 Slayer - For cave horrors (Black mask) [COMPLETE 14/12/11]

224466.png

65 Attack - For Warrior's Guild Access

449428.png

70 Ranged - For Black D'hide + Crystal Bow

737627.png

Item Goals:

Rune Hatchet

.....Steel Dragons/Hard Clue Scrolls

Black Mask

....58 Slayer

Dragon Defender

....130 Attack + Strength

Dragon Platelegs

....Metal Dragons

Misc:

4,000 Chompy Bird Kills

....3/4,000

Master White Knight Ranking

500 Vyrewatch Corpses Burned

....100/500

Slayer Log

Current Slayer Master: Summona

#4: 175 Banshee's (Killing Mighties)

Bank Picture

r0pbf6.png

Thanks for reading, now why not post a reply? I will post replies with updates so make sure you keep checking in!

Good luck! :thumbsup:

"300 programmers make their futile but glorious last stand against 1000000 angry players in The battle of Misthalin. They fight for honor, glory and new content sacrificing themselves so that their game may live on. This is Madness! This Is JAGEEEX!"

Ohh 4 replies already after one night, didn't think i'd be seeing that :)

Good luck.

Doing everything yourself is going to be slow, but it'll be worth it in the end. Don't lose faith!

Thanks, it is very slow compared to your average max xp methods, but it's so much more fun and rewarding.

I've always imagined starting and playing on a DIY would be so daunting, but every time I see a thread about one I want to so bad, but good luck man youlooklikeyourdoinirright :)

I used to think that aswell but one day i just decided to go for it and ive not looked back since. Thanks.

good luck man, i will be following this

Thanks.

Good luck! :thumbsup:

I wont have much playing time over the next two weeks because its mock exams week -.- but after then it's the holidays so i should get a lot done.

When I have been on ive been cutting teaks near castle wars. I'll need about 700 teak planks for 55 Construction and about 55 special logs to turn all those into planks. Should get me close to 70 Woodcutting,

That must be a great feeling of accomplishment, knowing that every item in that large bank was obtained solely through your own efforts. Nice job!

Thanks, yeah i love my bank, if i ever need a random item for a quest or something 9 times out of 10 i already have said item in my bank.

Today's updates are quite helpful for my current position with my account. As I like to switch skills a lot and I'm quite a hoarder I always have trouble with bank space. First, there was a extra 30 bank spaces which will be greatly appreciated, then there was the money bag which saves another bank space and a inventory space doing activities such as Slayer. I haven't tested it yet but I'm hoping it automatically picks up coin drops and puts them in your bag, almost like a bonecrusher. Finally there's the toolbelt which saves a good ~30 bank space from commonly used tools.

When I first logged on I got a message telling me that I have been given a pair of goggles for using Google chrome. I wonder how much Jagex is getting paid for using that cheap advertiser for Google chrome. Anyway, after briefly trying them on and noticing they are worn slightly too high, i destroyed them and sent them away to Diango to look after for me.

I then set about completely filling up my toolbelt to make it as useful as possible. Most of the items, apart from the bronze items, I already had in my bank so it was easily filled up until I came to the last item I needed, a chain link mould. After a brief moment of confusion I remembered that it was involved in making Invadis Flail and I could get a replacement from the myreque hideout in the Vyrewatch city (the actual name of the city escapes me).

After fairy ringing to the old myreque hideout under Canifis pub, curiosity got the better of me and explored all the cave entrances in the area. One of them lead along a passageway but was blocked with rubble which I needed 65 Agility to navigate over. I'm about 98% sure it leads to the blood altar and the special Bloodvelds so it may be worth getting the Agility level before I get assigned bloodvelds as a Slayer task.

Anway, I navigated my way around and ended up in the Vyrewatch city, where I tried unsuccessfully for about 30 minutes to get caught by a Vyrewatch to use the mine shortcut. In the end I gave up and followed the sickle signs to get to the base where thankfully I found the mould in a crate.

Then I proceeded to Castle Wars to test out the toolbelt with a bit of Fletching and I most say I'm quite impressed with it and have gained 3 Fletching levels (63).

[spoiler=63 Fletching]11r4x7d.png

I think next I need to do some admin in my bank, such as making vials and using all the herbs, and crafting nature runes and high-alching all the maple bows I have.

Just a quick note: I have added two new rules to my account that will hopefully make gameplay more fun and challenging for me:

1) I'm only allowed to buy items from NPC shops if the item is impossible or extremely hard to aquire myself.

2) I'm not allowed to use any guides on help website's, including calculators and item databases. The hardest part of this I'd imagine will be completed treasure trails. But I'm going to keep a notepad will all the clues that I've completed on it so It will get easy as I go.

Also, with influence from GregorDGrim's thread, I'm going to be posting about my playing sessions as almost a mini story. Please give me some feedback about whether you like it or not,

Always been meaning to start my own DIYer but I just haven't got enough time to commit to it. But I do enjoy watching other DIYer blogs, so I will definetly follow this.

Thanks, it is worth it if you do start, but obviously if you don't have much time I wouldn't because real life > Runescape every time.

Also, with influence from GregorDGrim's thread, I'm going to be posting about my playing sessions as almost a mini story. Please give me some feedback about whether you like it or not,

I like it! 8-)

Thanks for the feedback, even if it might be a little biased :P.

It's bank clearance time.

I started by using some of the buckets of sand and soda ash I had in my bank

and made it into molten glass which i turned into about 400 vials.

After a quick home teleport I filled said vials up at a sink in Lumbridge basement. Then I had four different secondaries to collect, so first port of call was waterbirth island were I collected some snape grass. Next was a quick fairy ring to Nardah where I killed desert goats for there horns to make some combat potions (completely useless to me, but the best xp for harralanders). Next was a couple of trips to the hill giant dungeon under Varrock to collect some limpwurt roots for some super strength potions, then finally I cast bloom a load of times in the middle of some swamps to get mort myre fungus to go with my avantoe.

The rest of the herbs I already had the seconds for in my bank so they where made easily enough and from all that I got 1 Herblore level (57), which means I can finally complete Fairy Tale part 2 which I've had part complete for ages.

[spoiler=57 Herblore]ckirr.png

Next up, making loads of nature runes to alch the thousands of maple bows I have just rotting in my bank.

I was cutting teaks to turn into planks and do some Construction but the special teak logs were coming a lot too slow for my liking so I decided to give it a break. I went over to tears of guthix and after telling Juna a story about one of my journey's I was allowed into the cave where I managed to collect 99 tears and get a Runecrafting level (49). I then did a farming run and was expected 50 Farming but loads of my crops died so I finished ~3k experience off.

[spoiler=49 Runecrafting]2h2e4xz.png

Now I've decided to set myself a new goal. 70 Dungeoneering and 70 Strength (through Dungeoneering). I'm not really doing this for the levels though, there's quite a few Dungeoneering items I'd like. Here's a list of the items I want to buy, in order of what I plan to get them: (I already have a gem and coal bag)

- Scroll Of Life (10k)

- Bonecrusher (34k)

- Herbicide (34k)

- Scroll Of Cleansing (20k)

- Scroll Of Efficiency (20k)

I currently have 2k tokens so I need 116k tokens which equals to a bit less then 1.5 million experience, so I wont have all of those by the time I reach 70 Dungeoneering.

All I can really use to describe today is a day of Farming even though I haven't actually farmed.

I started by using a few penguins points to get 50 Farming, that leaves me just 3k Runecrafting xp away from being able to get my 50+ milestone cape. However, I'm gonna wait till I build my costume room before I make all the capes.

[spoiler=50 Farming]f299n4.png

Next, I went to two spirit portals in the wilderness that I had just unlocked giving me a total off 22.5k Farming xp and two levels (51 + 52). Half way through though I met a Pk'er who, even though I wasn't wearing anything, decided to try and PK me. So I had to drop the super energy potions I brought with me to keep my Jennica's ring, but it still put me closer to the next portal.

[spoiler=51 + 52 Farming]snp18h.png

20r1gxv.png

I new that at 51 Farming I could use a garden pie I'd got from implings to boost to 54 Farming and complete Fairy Tale Part 3. So I quickly finished Fairy Tale Part 2 which I'd had part complete for a couple of months now, and used the xp lamp afterwards to get 58 Herblore. Then I completed Fairy Tale Part 3. From the rewards I got 53 Farming and 54 Thieving, a magic watering can, and the ability to use fairy rings without a draman staff, but I'm gonna have to keep my staffs for Lunar Diplomacy.

[spoiler=Fairy Tale Part 2 + 3 and there rewards]2efq6b9.png

zl6xr4.png

wtdugl.png

8xlgeu.png

fedv7d.png

Next, I'm gonna work on making my house useful, such as adding a lectern and costume room. I also need to craft some nature runes because I've got about 600 maple longbows that need alching.

Everyday I've been collecting 100 pure essence from the mage in Ardougne then using the two teleports on my wicked hood to craft nature runes. Then I use them to alch some of the 1,000 maple longbows I had. Today it got me up to 66 Magic and I was only about 2k xp from 50 Runecrafting so I mined some essence using my newly found access to the Magic Guild and the level along with all skills 50+. Then I decided to finally make some terrorbird pouches after getting 52 Summoning like two weeks ago so I made 220 pouches and 300 scrolls getting me 2 Summoning levels (53 + 54) and a combat level (87).

2zgcm6d.png

2u8uzuv.png

i5ngia.png

I finished my Kalphite slayer task that I've had for ages and got a new task of 175 Banshee's, which is now the first task on my new slayer log.

I decided before doing it to get a salve amulet so I did the quest Haunted Mine then I did the Lair of Tarn Razolor miniquest to get it enchanted. The rewards from the quest got me 58 Slayer so I'm gonna go camp cave horrors for a black mask drop.

2vd67id.png

65dh5f.png

Awesome account, wish I could do this.

Maybe one day.

KEEP UP THE GOOD WORK!

That's what I used to think whenever I saw a DIY thread, but then I decided to finally make one.

2z900uo.png

1z514yu.png

2cqihxv.png

I'm in a questing mood now, hopefully this mood will last until I get a decent amount of quest done.