low combat leveling

skaterrjamez

im asking this question for one of my mates who is new to runescape.

i can't help him, well because i have not been his level for years.

his levels are around 50 attack, 60 strength and 50 defense.

he is not a pure of any type and won't be a hard out runescape player so will not be interested in slayer etc.

he is killing choas druids now because he wants money and levels, i suggest to go train on something for faster xp and then go to green dragons when he can.

however i do not know where he can go. he is p2p

thanks

kopbrah.png

Check out my youtube for COD and runescape

I think if you're able to get him into slayer, you should. Try to get him use to the way slayer works as a combat training method. I made the mistake of not getting into slayer at an earlier combat level, and ended up grinding all my levels the fastest way i could. Now i'm stuck with maxed melees and 74 slayer :???:

If not that, just have him do what he enjoys. Explore the game. When you're new to the game, you get nothing out of grinding levels and cash; that normally comes when you have high-level content set in mind that you want to do.

Hexiled Razz. Player since March 8th, 2005.

Slayer is good because it gives slayer xp. However, I wouldn't fault anyone for being uncomfortable with it at lower levels. I'd understand if he wanted to get, like, 60 attack first, for better weapons. But you need slayer levels for some important things, like 18 for Animal Magnetism (Ava's Device to automatically pick up your ranged ammo), 30 for Slug Menace (Proselyte gear), and 40 for Royal Trouble (maximum efficiency for Managing Miscellania)/Tarn's Lair (upgraded Salve Ammy for faster training). So the sooner that sort of stuff is available, the better. Keep that in mind.

I suggest working on quests, since a lot of them give combat xp. Slayer is still good as well. And other than that, if you're gonna camp, try something undead so that you can use the Salve Ammy for +15% attack and strength. (Do Haunted Mine if it's not already done.) Some undead monsters to choose from: ghostly warriors, ankous, armoured zombies, banshees.

Slayer is good because it gives slayer xp. However, I wouldn't fault anyone for being uncomfortable with it at lower levels. I'd understand if he wanted to get, like, 60 attack first, for better weapons. But you need slayer levels for some important things, like 18 for Animal Magnetism (Ava's Device to automatically pick up your ranged ammo), 30 for Slug Menace (Proselyte gear), and 40 for Royal Trouble (maximum efficiency for Managing Miscellania)/Tarn's Lair (upgraded Salve Ammy for faster training). So the sooner that sort of stuff is available, the better. Keep that in mind.

I suggest working on quests, since a lot of them give combat xp. Slayer is still good as well. And other than that, if you're gonna camp, try something undead so that you can use the Salve Ammy for +15% attack and strength. (Do Haunted Mine if it's not already done.) Some undead monsters to choose from: ghostly warriors, ankous, armoured zombies, banshees.

and to follow up this thread, if you do Tarn's lair miniquest after Haunted mine, you will be able to, after killing the miniboss, charge your salve amulet to (e) for enchanted... that nets a whopping +20% to Strength and Attack bonuses.... that paired with Ghouls, which are level 50-ish I believe, is a great way to grind combat experience.... and by the sounds of it, he wants fast exp and levels, right? (he can always resort to skilling once he gets more in-depth with the alternative playstyles of Runescape (non-combat skilling etc..)

but as suggest by the quoted post above, i would recommend slayer as well, not only because it allows a multitude of training methods, but it also unlocks a lot of options in terms of how you want to grind xp....

default,Adellund.gif

I'd just like to say that I do not think slayer is worth it at that level, unless you have the knowledge/experience that those of us answering do. Sure, if I started a new account, I'd be efficient and use slayer. But when you're new it's just really slow all around. You have to figure out where monsters are, you take inefficient transportation routes because you don't have stuff unlocked, you might not be able to afford pots, no good healing methods available unless you have cash (multiple trips per task), etc.

Dunno, probably worth it in the long run, but the combat experience you gain at such low levels is pretty minimal compared to the experience needed for 99 so you won't be set back too much if you decide to go for 99 slayer eventually.

Heck. Just tell him to kill moss giants or something like that and move on with your life.

If you can't get him into slayer, try undead monsters as suggested earlier with a salve ammy. Ankous aren't that bad of a choice, but I don't know if they will hit him too often. Ghostly warriors in the hero's guild would probably more manageable for him.

Edited by Ellac

[hide]

unbinding green's kidneys for ltk's heart

do you farm guam like me sir ltk

[/hide]

Ghostly warriors in the heroe's guild would probably more manageable for him.

Ghostly warriors are actually in the spirit realm axe hut. You're thinking of shadow warriors (not undead), who are in the Legends Guild basement.

Ghostly warriors in the heroe's guild would probably more manageable for him.

Ghostly warriors are actually in the spirit realm axe hut. You're thinking of shadow warriors (not undead), who are in the Legends Guild basement.

You're right, I got those mixed up. I should have double checked something that I haven't dealt with in such a long time.

[hide]

unbinding green's kidneys for ltk's heart

do you farm guam like me sir ltk

[/hide]