Welcome to Rune Tips, the first ever RuneScape help site. We aim to offer skill guides, quest guides, maps, calculators, informative databases, tips, and much more to help you get the most from the Massive Online Adventure Game, RuneScape, by Jagex Ltd © 2009.

Report Ad

Welcome to Forum.Tip.It
Register now to gain access to all of our features. Once registered and logged in, you will be able to create topics, post replies to existing threads, give reputation to your fellow members, get your own private messenger, post status updates, manage your profile and so much more. If you already have an account, login here - otherwise create an account for free today!
Photo

[Suggestion] Add item/monster/quest names to title bar.

• Please log in to reply
5 replies to this topic

GrandZephyr
[ Display Name History ]

GrandZephyr

Unicorn Horn

• Members
  • 178 posts
  • RuneScape Status:F2P
  • RSN:grandzephyr
  • RSN '07:grandzephyr
Could the name of the item, quest, shop or monster be added to the title bar of the page?

i.e;
Change Tip.It RuneScape Help :: Bestiary :: The Original RuneScape Help Site!
to
Tip.It RuneScape Help :: Bestiary :: %monstername% :: The Original RuneScape Help Site!

Change Tip.It RuneScape Help :: RuneScape Item Database :: The Original RuneScape Help Site!
to
Tip.It RuneScape Help :: Runescape Item Database :: %itemname% :: The Original RuneScape Help Site!

Change Tip.It RuneScape Help :: RuneScape Quest Database :: The Original RuneScape Help Site!
to
Tip.It RuneScape Help :: Runescape Quest Database :: %questname% :: The Original RuneScape Help Site!

and

Change Tip.It RuneScape Help :: RuneScape Shop Database :: The Original RuneScape Help Site!
to
Tip.It RuneScape Help :: RuneScape Shop Database :: %shopname% :: The Original RuneScape Help Site!

essiw
[ Display Name History ]

essiw

Retired Crew

• Members
  • 2,798 posts
  • RuneScape Status:P2P
  • RSN:essiw
  • RSN '07:essiw
It is already there ;) There is a beta version of the new tip.it website ( open.tip.it ) and if you go to a monster you can see the path in the title bar: http://open.tip.it/b...y/view/1576-nex

Retired item crew
I would like to be credited as essiw at the website update & corrections forum. Thanks!
If you want to add me in game, add "essiw".

Kimberly
[ Display Name History ]

Kimberly

Retired Staff

• Members
  • 12,325 posts
  • RSN:Kimberly
  • RSN2:Dorelei
The whole path is longer than the typical length of a tab to display what you're actually looking at.

I mean that if I open up 5 different beastiary entries, I see basically "Tip.it RuneScape Help >> Be..." 5 different times without really knowing which is which.

It would be more helpful to me, personally, if it displayed <entry> >> Tip.it RuneScape Help or something.

hzvjpwS.gif

Sy_Accursed
[ Display Name History ]

Sy_Accursed

Post Junkie

• Members
  • 16,851 posts
  • RSN:Sy Accursed
I agree with Kimberly, would be better if the new title's on the Beta were kinda of inverted, so that if your tabs get smaller you have a more useful title to spot.

Eg instead of Tip.it Runescape Help >> Beastiary >> View >> Nex

Could get rid of "view" as its pointless anyway as beastiary is obvious the main page then beasitary >> x is obviously a monster.

But then reorganise it as:

Nex >> Beastiary >> Tip.it Runescape Help

Means on tiny tabs you can see at the very least the first few letters to know what your viewing in that tab, and with less tabs open you get a more in-depth title

Even with only my basic tabs open on my laptop I rarely see beyond Tip.it Runesca... on the tabs, and on my desktop with its massive res even then I don;t get the full page title.
I'd even go so far as to suggest where common place acronyms exist to use them in the title bar first
eg:
Instead of:
Elemental Workshop 3 >> Quests >> Tip.it Runescape Help
Have like:
EW3 - Elemental Workshop 3 >> Quests >> Tip.it Runescape Help

That way even on tiny tabs you would know exactly what it was you had pulled up.

Plv6Dz6.jpg

Operation Gold Sparkles :: Chompy Kills ::  Full Profound :: Champions :: Barbarian Notes :: Champions Tackle Box :: MA Rewards

Dragonkin Journals :: Ports Stories :: Elder Chronicles :: Boss Slayer :: Penance King :: Kal'gerion Titles :: Gold Statue

Mil
[ Display Name History ]

Mil

Skeleton Shield

• Members
  • 1,138 posts
  • RuneScape Status:None
  • RSN:Mil
I think it should definitely be in the opposite direction, with the item name etc. first. Also I agree that the 'pages > view' part could be removed.
Will look into what possibilities there are and whats the best option to choose.

Mil
[ Display Name History ]

Mil

Skeleton Shield

• Members
  • 1,138 posts
  • RuneScape Status:None
  • RSN:Mil
We've shuffled things around a bit so this should now be all sorted.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users