Return with questions!

Bagman

I am planning to renew my membership (Welcome back yay!), and was curious of anything new in terms of combat training/skilling for cash?

I wish to get my combats up, so is slayer still popular or are there better options? As for skilling, is anything making money these days that is profitable?

Not sure how much cash I have (been a year since I logged in, I think), it probably isn't much.

Also, does Tip.it still have a clan chat I can join to chat with people/make some friends? Let me know! Good to be back!

Keep hearing rumors that RS is dying, my account is 12 years old this year, and I really hope RS stays where it is.

YAY.

Bagman10.png

Bagman10.png

Paul, thank you kind sir! I hope to say hello to everyone! What herbs are profitable? Are seeds still ridiculously high?

Here, you can take a look at this for herb profits. You should get a scroll of life asap from dungeoneering, and slowly work on juju farming potions, then remote farm if you are really serious about herb farming.

Working on max and completionist capes.

2435/2475

My farming isn't too bad, I could probably do that. While my herbs cook, what should I be working on, all my combats are around 77-78, most of my skills are in the 70's, except

a few. Any advice on raising combats? Heard bossing is still beastly money ): Never was a fan, but I feel like I should work on it.

Bagman10.png

Bagman10.png

SOL= Scroll of life? RF= Remote Farming? Is that profit per herb or per farming trip?

Yes that is correct... and the profit is per herb run, assuming Trollheim patch and magic secateurs. Would be waaaay too much information if i added those two lol.

2435/2475

SOL= Scroll of life? RF= Remote Farming? Is that profit per herb or per farming trip?

Yes that is correct... and the profit is per herb run, assuming Trollheim patch and magic secateurs. Would be waaaay too much information if i added those two lol.

Explain to me what is going on if you don't mind, lol. I have the trollheim patch and magic secateurs lol. Any guides?

Bagman10.png

Bagman10.png

Explain to me what is going on if you don't mind, lol. I have the trollheim patch and magic secateurs lol. Any guides?

Well, I just compiled the 3 most commonly farmed herbs and that way people can see which is the most profitable based on what combination of juju farming potion, scroll of life, and remote farm they have.

herbcompare.png

Looking at it, with none of the aforementioned farming "boosts", ranarr is currently the best profit to do [bottom row] (Some other less common herb may be better profit.. look here for real time info on all the herbs) Once you pick up one of the 3 farming boosts, you might want to switch to a different herb that offers more profit, or slightly less profit but more experience. [a good example is the 4th row.. almost all the same profit, but much more xp with torstol over ranarr)

Hope this helps.

2435/2475

Basically juju means you get 4/3rd of the number of herbs you pick (a third more).

Scroll of life means you get .1 seed back per healthy patch (so about 30k gp per healthy torstol patch).

Remote Farming means you do not suffer from disease. This is a bit iffy because you also grow herbs overnight (most likely) so it's not 100%. But it still favours torstol.

You also have Greenfingers which apparently works as remote farming and juju together, with less of a harvest boost. So no deaths, +5-7% harvest.

Supporter of Zaros | Quest Cape owner since 22 may 2010 | No skills below 99 | Total level 2595 | Completionist Cape owner since 17th June 2013 | Suggestions

99 summoning (18th June 2011, previously untrimmed) | 99 farming (14th July 2011) | 99 prayer (8th September 2011) | 99 constitution (10th September 2011) | 99 dungeoneering (15th November 2011)

99 ranged (28th November 2011) | 99 attack, 99 defence, 99 strength (11th December 2011) | 99 slayer (18th December 2011) | 99 magic (22nd December 2011) | 99 construction (16th March 2012)

99 herblore (22nd March 2012) | 99 firemaking (26th March 2012) | 99 cooking (2nd July 2012) | 99 runecrafting (12th March 2012) | 99 crafting (26th August 2012) | 99 agility (19th November 2012)

99 woodcutting (22nd November 2012) | 99 fletching (31st December 2012) | 99 thieving (3rd January 2013) | 99 hunter (11th January 2013) | 99 mining (21st January 2013) | 99 fishing (21st January 2013)

99 smithing (21st January 2013) | 120 dungeoneering (17th June 2013) | 99 divination (24th November 2013)

Tormented demon drops: twenty effigies, nine pairs of claws, two dragon armour slices and one elite clue | Dagannoth king drops: two dragon hatchets, two elite clues, one archer ring and one warrior ring

Glacor drops: four pairs of ragefire boots, one pair of steadfast boots, six effigies, two hundred lots of Armadyl shards, three elite clues | Nex split: Torva boots | Kalphite King split: off-hand drygore mace

30/30 Shattered Heart statues completed | 16/16 Court Cases completed | 25/25 Choc Chimp Ices delivered | 500/500 Vyrewatch burned | 584/584 tasks completed | 4000/4000 chompies hunted

Basically juju means you get 4/3rd of the number of herbs you pick (a third more).

Scroll of life means you get .1 seed back per healthy patch (so about 30k gp per healthy torstol patch).

Remote Farming means you do not suffer from disease. This is a bit iffy because you also grow herbs overnight (most likely) so it's not 100%. But it still favours torstol.

You also have Greenfingers which apparently works as remote farming and juju together, with less of a harvest boost. So no deaths, +5-7% harvest.

Yeah, I have it assuming no deaths whatsoever with remote farm, but there is no other good way to calculate it.

I'm not very familiar with greenfingers, but based on the RW article, how are you assuming no deaths when it only lasts for 20 minutes? It would definitely decrease deaths, but by how much? I'm assuming that it would only protect herbs that get diseased in the first stage?

Also, how does the extra harvest thing work.. is it a 3/5/7% chance of double herbs? If that's the case, it should tack on an extra ~45k/75k/105k profit to a torstol run :shock: I should start researching that for sure, haha.

If that is really how it works, then I definitely should get it.. working on a 5k torstol log

2435/2475

Also, I have 55 herblore, so what should I be working towards level wise for profit with Herblore?

There is pretty much no such thing as profit with herblore..1k overloads and a goodly amount of spec recovs and super antifires costs about 90m.. and that's not including the 50-60m you'll spend to get there. :twisted:

2435/2475