Playing Again!

Tyler93

Well I've been ending up with quite a bit of spare time so I'm going to start trying to play again, I just have a few questions to help me get started up:

1) I don't have much for GP anymore, How could I rebuild? Wouldn't mind getting some decent XP/Charms while rebuilding if possible (Could use some Magic/Ranged/Melee XP).

2) What are the "Must Have" quests/minigames/items now? Haven't really played much is the last couple years, So I assume I'm going to need to do a lot of questing.

3) What non-combats will I want to level and what will I want to level them to?

Username: Berserking1 (131 Combat: 99/99/93 Melees - 87 Ranged - 94 Magic - 72 Prayer - 79 Summoning)

I think that's about it, I appreciate any help, Thanks! :)

Original Account: Tylersk8shop (Joined: August 2006)
99 Attack, Strength, Defence, Hitpoints and Woodcutting.

Quite honestly, MATTYZ, those skills are not good money makers. Easy? Yes. Good money? No. Other than rune mining, I don't think any of those skills pass 400k/h which, compared to boss killing, is not very good.

Tyler,

1 - Slayer would be your best bet for charms since you don't have the money to burst lobs. You may think about killing waterfeinds, but IMO slayer is much more productive. Be sure to do familiarization once a week. Most people use the 3x charms on waterfeind tasks to get a lot of crims very fast.

2 - Quests, I'm not sure on. I would assume people will say the Majaharaat(sp?) questline. Most common items for slayer/general combat would be bandos with a chaotic rapier (from dungeoneering, 200k tokens).

3 - It all depends on what you enjoy and what you want to do. If you're combat focused, you will want 95 prayer and high (high 80's) herblore for soul split and extreme/overload potions respectivly. Farming is nice to do slowly. Doing a herb run every so often is a great way to make decent GP in a very short amount of time.

1) Probably Slayer then

2) Quests I can think of off the top of my head are Nomad's Requiem for Soul Wars Cape, The Void Stares Back for Korasi's Sword and Elite Void, Ritual of The Mahjarrat for Storm Of Armadyl and Glacors which are good money. Not really any good minigames been released recently and items depend on what you are doing, probably fury amulet, dragon claws, bandos tassets and a bandos chestplate and some chaotic weapons from Dungeoneering [200k tokens each].

3) Herblore and Prayer mainly, herblore for overloads and prayer for turmoil.

220px-TurtleOmaha.jpg

Slayer is great for charms/gp but you will want to level either Woodcutting, mining or fishing for an easy source of income

Thanks for the advice, Slayer it is! :)

If you have good farming levels, herb are quite a nice extra income, rannar, snapdragon and torstol are the most profitable AFAIK.

Thanks! I'll definitally have to do some farm runs. Are Marigolds and Cactus Spines much profit anymore? Thanks for the help!

Quite honestly, MATTYZ, those skills are not good money makers. Easy? Yes. Good money? No. Other than rune mining, I don't think any of those skills pass 400k/h which, compared to boss killing, is not very good.

Tyler,

1 - Slayer would be your best bet for charms since you don't have the money to burst lobs. You may think about killing waterfeinds, but IMO slayer is much more productive. Be sure to do familiarization once a week. Most people use the 3x charms on waterfeind tasks to get a lot of crims very fast.

2 - Quests, I'm not sure on. I would assume people will say the Majaharaat(sp?) questline. Most common items for slayer/general combat would be bandos with a chaotic rapier (from dungeoneering, 200k tokens).

3 - It all depends on what you enjoy and what you want to do. If you're combat focused, you will want 95 prayer and high (high 80's) herblore for soul split and extreme/overload potions respectivly. Farming is nice to do slowly. Doing a herb run every so often is a great way to make decent GP in a very short amount of time.

Yeah Slayer is looking like my best option, What is "Familiarization"? Sorry, Haven't played in a while haha. And yeah I'll most likely just try to tackle all the master/grandmaster quests. And yes, I'm really combat focused, The main thing I like to do on Runescape is kill bosses. Thanks for the help!

1) Probably Slayer then

2) Quests I can think of off the top of my head are Nomad's Requiem for Soul Wars Cape, The Void Stares Back for Korasi's Sword and Elite Void, Ritual of The Mahjarrat for Storm Of Armadyl and Glacors which are good money. Not really any good minigames been released recently and items depend on what you are doing, probably fury amulet, dragon claws, bandos tassets and a bandos chestplate and some chaotic weapons from Dungeoneering [200k tokens each].

3) Herblore and Prayer mainly, herblore for overloads and prayer for turmoil.

Alright it looks like I'll be doing Slayer for Charms & Combat XP! I do plan to do Herblore and Prayer, Just need to make some money as they are pretty expensive. Thanks for the help!

Familiarisation is a Distraction&Diversion in which you have to gather spirit shards and the reward is double charms for a certain amount of time. It occurs at a random summoning obelisk each once in a while. [i don't know how often.]

220px-TurtleOmaha.jpg

This guide will go over most of the usefull info for familiarization. Essentially, the summoning master has a student who occasionally shows up at a random mini-obelisk every couple of hours. Talking to him will allow you to enter into the 'spirit plane' where you become a familiar, and wander around the plane gathering raw shards. Once you gather 60, or time runs out you are kicked out. Talk to the student to ask about a reward. You can either get summoning seconds (worth a couple hundred K iirc) or tripple charms for up to 40 minutes (dependant on your score).

For the quest help, the last date of when you played would be quite helpful.

Well probably about 2 years ago since I actually played. I mean, I've been on to go on a trip to GWD or something small but that's about it. I'm REALLY behind.

http://runescape.wikia.com/wiki/The_Temple_at_Senntisten is the quest for curses, and is part of the aforementioned Mahjarrat storyline. One of the prayers/curses unlocked from it (and requiring 95 prayer) is one of the new standards for boss hunting, and another (requiring 92) is very useful for healing.

funnyline.png
260pifq.jpg
dlWmf3d.pngcyndane.png
Balthamel.png