[Video] Corporeal Beast Solo Guide - AKwaspRS

AKwaspRS

corpsologuidestill001.png

This step-by-step guide walks Runescape players through my preferred method for solo-ing the second strongest boss in the game - the Corporeal Beast.

Jagex originally released the Corp Beast in 2008 with the intention that slaying it would require a team effort, but access to stronger armor and power-ups has made Corp solo-able for high-level players.

Successful kills take 8-10 minutes without any need for prayer-flashing with the AKwasp method utilizing relatively inexpensive gear.

Direct YouTube Link:

Twitter: https://twitter.com/#!/AKwaspRS

Facebook: http://www.facebook.com/profile.php?id=100003318777051

Edit: Appendix A

This is a follow-up tutorial for recovering from death when solo-ing the Corporeal Beast. Dying at Corp is inevitable; whether you're unexperienced or just taking too many risks, eventually everyone dies at Corp. This isn't the end of the world, since recovering your equipment is rather simple, and this video illustrates the method. It is much easier and faster to recover from death at Corp than GWD because there's no need for killcount, but unlike most dungeons there are NO gravestone markers at the Corporeal Beast lair.

Note: Ganodermic armor does NOT degrade to 0 when dropped on death (unlike Barrows armor), and Goliath gloves do revert to coins. Therefore prioritize your items kept on death, and keep a healthy stash of games necklaces in your bank just in case.

I also made a promo video for my guide, highlighting 4 kills with my method.

They're sped up 550%, but there's a timestamp validating that my method works in 8 minutes reliably.

I have updated the video description to include Questions and Answers since the initial release of my guide.

Q&A – Follow-up Questions and Answers since releasing my video:

muggiwhplar

How would this fare as a shield? (Sacred Clay Shield) http://runescape.wikia.com/wiki/Sacred_clay_shield_%28magic%29

Answer [AKwaspRS]

The magic defense is great, I would definitely recommend it if you can't obtain an Eagle-Eyed Kiteshield or Spectral Spirit Shield. It is definitely an inexpensive alternative - but it does lack the awesome magic absorption of EEK.

In the video guide I listed 5 items as compulsory gear: Zammy Spear, Goliath Gloves, and Ganodermic armor set. Everything else can be modified according to what gear you can access or afford; obviously I recommend the gear I show in video.

Lbnz

Very nice guide! I might try this when I'm maxed and not lazy to get Goliath Gloves

Have you gotten anything good so far? All I saw was the mystic robe top drop

Answer [AKwaspRS]

My 3rd solo kill ever = Spectral Sigil which I sold for 46m.

Most drops aren't very good, but 3 uncommon drops make this profitable alone: 175 onyx bolts (e), 2000 cannonballs, and holy elixir worth roughly 1.5m, 750k, and 800k respectively. I've received all of these drops several times each.

That said, solo Sigil drops are unbeatable :)

Madden555

Vnice guide. Too bad only 1 kill an invy =/

Answer [AKwaspRS]

With potion flasks, 2 kills would be easy per trip, perhaps 3+ if soul-split flashing.

However, banking takes 2-3 minutes at most because of how close the games necklace teleports you. It honestly is so easy to bank that camping sounds silly. The travel is nothing compared to GWD, and there's no killcount requirement.

ZXkarmaXZ

Why don't you use vampyrism or even better... Penance lol

Answer [AKwaspRS]

Penance makes sense because you get hit by Corp's magic attack quite a bit, hence the healing with brews. Penance alleviates worrying about prayer because Overloads & Dominion Marker boost your stats so significantly that Super Restores can almost be replaced with straight Prayer Potions since that's all they really do - and Penance reduces the amount of prayer-restoring potions to be used. But yes, Vampirism should work as well as other combat auras.

rsxar

why are you using rune crossbow instead of mith?

Answer [AKwaspRS]

Why not? Crossbows only offer Ranged Attack without any Ranged Strength bonus. For non-thrown weapons, the damage dealt is dependent on the Ranged Strength of your ammunition, which in this case is set at +85 with Emerald Bolts (e). Mithril, Rune, and Chaotic Crossbows offer +66, 90, and 120 Ranged Attack respectively, which increases your Accuracy, not Damage.

XXpkeXX

very usefull, How much does it cost to make the armour? I'm thinking of buying one.

Answer [AKwaspRS]

Poncho = 5k flakes, Legs = 1.5k, Helmet = 500, for a total of 7000 ganodermic flakes. Flakes cost ~500 each, totaling ~3.5M for a full set that lasts ~10 hours. Honestly, the Ganodermic armor *should* cost more, but its worth has been seriously undervalued in the GE market since release.

----------

Thanks again everyone for appreciating my effort and saying "nice guide" - it's my first so I'll be sure to improve as I progress forward.

you make it look so easy o.o . someday when I actually have all the required skills and items I will definitely have to give this a try. is it doable without a dungeoneering shield? Was a great guide, very clear, step by step why you bring what you bring, I give it a 10/10

Jeit_Thorne.png

Thanks for the positive feedback.

Yes it is possible without an Eagle-Eyed Kiteshield. Divine and Elysian Spirit Shields should work well, with Spectral trailing behind them. I could see the Chaotic Kiteshield as a feasible alternative, or even a DFS. The primary benefit of using any shield is the added magic defense alongside damage absorption. This is made possible because Goliath Gloves only require you not to wield a weapon for their special to trigger - a shield is fair game.

Using goliath gloves like that is a very interesting idea. Nice guide, it almost makes me want to go to Corp myself!

trains2.png

[spoiler=I LOVE MY STATION]

01001001001001110110110100100000010101000111011101100101011011000111011001100101

00100000011000010110111001100100001000000111011101101000011000010111010000100000

The magic defense is great, I would definitely recommend it if you can't obtain an Eagle-Eyed Kiteshield or Spectral Spirit Shield. It is definitely an inexpensive alternative - but it does lack the awesome magic absorption of EEK.

In the video guide I listed 5 items as compulsory gear: Zammy Spear, Goliath Gloves, and Ganodermic armor set. Everything else can be modified according to what gear you can access or afford; obviously I recommend the gear I show in video.

P.S. I have updated the video description to include Questions and Answers since the initial release of my guide.

So I tried out your method today, it worked great and I managed to solo the corp with ease. The only problem I encountered was that it took around 12-13 minutes. I was wondering if you had any suggestions to improve my kill speed.

Thanks for the great guide :thumbsup:

Bolt specials activate regardless of accuracy. Using rune only increases the chance of killing the core before you stun it.

Also for soloing you don't need to focus on attack more than strength, as your damage won't lead to corp focusing on you (because he already will be.) So zerker (i) and rhino cape would probably be significantly more useful than ardy and onyx.

Other than that, great guide. A % chance of the Goliath glove special activating would be very useful.

CNqWHdA.jpg

So I tried out your method today, it worked great and I managed to solo the corp with ease. The only problem I encountered was that it took around 12-13 minutes. I was wondering if you had any suggestions to improve my kill speed.

Thanks for the great guide :thumbsup:

Honestly, 12 minutes to solo the second strongest boss in the game isn't bad. Consider for a moment that soloing the strongest boss Nex is going to take upwards of an hour and questionably abusing game mechanics.

The best way to improve your skill is quite simply experience. The more kills you rack up, the better you'll understand the mechanics involved. If you aren't optimally deploying your dreadnips, that could account for your slower times, especially if you entirely forgo utilizing dreadnips.

If all you want is speed, bring a cannon and just dodge the core. The slight increase in speed isn't worth the cannonball costs, at least not in the short run.

On a side note, I really like killing Corp because there's always a chance of looting the single most valuable drop in the game - the Divine. To be fair though, you'll receive far more troll drops like mystic robes.

Also, yes the rhino cape is a better option and I use it now but it wasn't released yet when I created the guide.

On a side note, I really like killing Corp because there's always a chance of looting the single most valuable drop in the game - the Divine.

120311112319.png

On my 61st kill using the setup you shared here.

Absolutely awesome! I'm glad you found my guide helpful in obtaining the best drop in the game! Epic!

• 1 month later...

FYI I've added a video tutorial on how to recover from death while Solo-ing Corp. I've also edited it into my original post.

This is a follow-up tutorial for recovering from death when solo-ing the Corporeal Beast. Dying at Corp is inevitable; whether you're unexperienced or just taking too many risks, eventually everyone dies at Corp. This isn't the end of the world, since recovering your equipment is rather simple, and this video illustrates the method. It is much easier and faster to recover from death at Corp than GWD because there's no need for killcount, but unlike most dungeons there are NO gravestone markers at the Corporeal Beast lair.

Note: Ganodermic armor does NOT degrade to 0 when dropped on death (unlike Barrows armor), and Goliath gloves do revert to coins. Therefore prioritize your items kept on death, and keep a healthy stash of games necklaces in your bank just in case.

• 2 months later...