The kiln quest puzzle

spooferfish

One thing to note is that the TzHaar use a base 12 numbering system without the concept of a 0, not a base 10 numbering system with a 0 (If my memory serves me right they have 6 fingers on each hand, that or 3), so 1512 is 1710. Also zi means subtract not add

Edit: To explain why the lack of a zero matters, in base 10 if there was no 0 and instead there was a character X that represented 10, you would count 1,2,3,4,5,6,7,8,9,X,11,12...

Luna_pirate_signature.png

Thanks to DrCue at DeviantArt for the signature source

One thing to note is that the TzHaar use a base 12 numbering system without the concept of a 0, not a base 10 numbering system with a 0 (If my memory serves me right they have 6 fingers on each hand, that or 3), so 1512 is 1710. Also zi means subtract not add

Edit: To explain why the lack of a zero matters, in base 10 if there was no 0 and instead there was a character X that represented 10, you would count 1,2,3,4,5,6,7,8,9,X,11,12...

I underlined the part I understood.

Thanks guys, I always end up doing something stupidly simple like that. -.-

Edit: It's not 16.

6+15-3+2

21-3+2

21-5

How is it not 16? Is this where that whole confusing jumble comes into play? The answer it accepted was 18...

35b9enp.jpg

6+15-3+2

21-3+2

21-5

How is it not 16? Is this where that whole confusing jumble comes into play? The answer it accepted was 18...

looks like you calculated it as 21-(3+2) instead of 21+(-3)+2.

flere_imsaho.png

As the size of an explosion increases, the number of social situations it is incapabale of solving approaches zero.

Ensure you are not a social situation.

I underlined the part I understood.

Thanks guys, I always end up doing something stupidly simple like that. -.-

6+15-3+2

21-3+2

21-5

To put the puzzle in terms of base 10 values:

6 + (12+5) - 3 - 2

6 + 17 - 3 - 2

23 - 5

(15 in Base 12 is 17 in base 10)

Luna_pirate_signature.png

Thanks to DrCue at DeviantArt for the signature source

I make it 18 without referring to any confusing jumble, you just work left to right.

6 + 17 - 3 - 2

23 - 3 - 2

20 - 2

1) You put both zi as plus instead of minus.

2) If you look at the number list 10 - 12 have their own symbols then 13 is 1 1, 14 is 1 2 and so on. Therefore 1 5 = 17

I don't see why so many people assume 1 5 must be 15 when the number list clearly shows the pattern for the higher numbers.

Plv6Dz6.jpg

Operation Gold Sparkles :: Chompy Kills ::  Full Profound :: Champions :: Barbarian Notes :: Champions Tackle Box :: MA Rewards

Dragonkin Journals :: Ports Stories :: Elder Chronicles :: Boss Slayer :: Penance King :: Kal'gerion Titles :: Gold Statue

Well I guess it would be a bit difficult to understand if you're not familiar with the concept of having numbers not in Base-10. You can obviously work out it on your own, but it may take some time.

You don't even remotely need to understand base-10 or any mathematical skills/concepts like that.

You just look at the pattern given.

Symbol values - Number

1 1 - 13

1 2 - 14

1 3 - 15

etc.

The symbols are counting up in numerical order still and all you need to spot is the 2nd digit is 2 higher than what the symbol alone represents.

Plv6Dz6.jpg

Operation Gold Sparkles :: Chompy Kills ::  Full Profound :: Champions :: Barbarian Notes :: Champions Tackle Box :: MA Rewards

Dragonkin Journals :: Ports Stories :: Elder Chronicles :: Boss Slayer :: Penance King :: Kal'gerion Titles :: Gold Statue