Brackish blade is extremely underrated. (Possibly better than korasi!)

Powerfrog

Did you know that the brackish blade special is a guaranteed max hit (Can still miss and hit 0, but spec also has doubled accuracy so this is rare)?!

In typical high level slayer gear with turmoil and extremes this max hit is a 578. None slayer is 505.

Compare this to korasi under the same conditions, which hits 887(avg 591) on slayer, 772(avg 514) without.

As you can see brackish blade is JUST under korasi in terms of average damage per special, but is also a guaranteed value so you can use it to minimize overkill, or guarantee a fast kill.

Brackish blade can be used at 60 attack.

Brackish blade requires no quests to wield.

Brackish blade gives melee experience.

Brackish blade deals a guaranteed value.

Brackish blade can be used by pures.

Brackish blade boosts atk/str/def by 2.5% of hit.

Brackish blade does not work in PVP.

Brackish blade is more expensive.

Brackish blade is slightly less average damage.

Arguably less fun, as there is no randomness.

Brackish blade has a (small) chance to miss.

Brackish blade uses 75% spec.

From these you can see that korasi is generally better, but brackish blade is a great alternative to people that do not have access to korasi, or wish to train melee.

CNqWHdA.jpg

How does it compare to the dragon dagger, which also requires 60 attack to wield and is substantially cheaper?

For the one hit, it's more accurate and has a higher average.

But then you must consider that DDS only uses 25% of the bar while blade uses 75%.

It really depends on how more efficient your DDS specs are to your primary weapon, and how much defense your enemy has to warrant the extra accuracy.

I'd say for typical training and slayer DDS would be better, especially with 60 attack and a brackish blade primary. (Although blade is obviously more convenient in this aspect)

With a rapier primary on a pure that can't get korasi though, it's difficult to say.

CNqWHdA.jpg

I might have to try this sometime, but by the time to decide to I'll probably have bought back my claws that I sold for divine. lol Though korasi is pretty fun as I've 2 hit iron dragons with it using a spec restore, and you can't use a spec restore to spec twice in a row with brackish blade.

[hide=Account stats]
taltin_yc.png
rennn_diy.png
[/hide]

My DIY Blog