Taltin DIY - 1600 total slayer helm, lunars, and tokkul-zo

• Replies 71
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I'm probably going to be DIYing on my main for a while, so I don't really want to let some things go to waste like the charms I had before I started not that I'm getting 99 summoning any time soon DIYing lol, but I'll probably allow myself to use them after getting 97 summoning with charms from scratch. I also wanna do this with a few other untradables in my bank like my chaotics how I said earlier so I'm going to list everything I can think of right now, and the requirements I'll set myself to use them.

Bonecrusher- 96 prayer already got this

Chaotic rapier - Abyssal whip, vine whp, and the coins that it would cost to repair it.

Chaotic crossbow - Really not sure about this one, but I'm thinking Karil's and the coins to repair it.

Gem bag - This is like 2k dg tokens so I'ma just say one crafting level or 88 crafting.

Charms - 98 summoning

Extremes and overloads - I have like 2k ext attacks, magics, and around 40 overloads that I'll allow myself to use after getting 99 herblore which is around 1m xp away.

Herblore habitat vines and potions - 85 hunter?

Spirit cape -

Void mage, range, and melee -

Tokhaar-kal - completion of the fight kiln of course, mind if I cheat a bit and get an onyx for a fury, and allow myself to use this? lol I'll be doing the fight kiln twice to get an onyx ring(i) eventually.

FoG, GOP, ectotokens and other tokens -Not sure How many of these I have of each and if its a miniscule amount I'll just drop them.

10 dragon defenders - getting a new dragon defender with them under a blessed grave.

What do you alll think? Tell me if I should change any requirements I set myself, and I'll add some more later.

By the way, I had just about 0 dungeoneering tokens when I started this, so any other dg reward I get is from scratch.

[hide=Account stats]
taltin_yc.png
rennn_diy.png
[/hide]

My DIY Blog

Day 10:

Rennn DIY:

Only got 26 agility, and then 35 attack, and 33 hp playing pest control today. I currently have 70 commendations.

R3nnn:

+253,523 xp

Killed around 450 more abyssal demons with no whip drop, but when I decided to kill them in the abyssal plane of the fairy code ring ALR I got an elemental talisman drop which I've heard you can use on the wicked hood to get a second charge to draw runes from it. I'll post a picture of that when I'm on the computer I saved it on again. After that, I went to abberant spectres for some more herbs for extremes though I still don't have much dwarf weed at all for range potions or extreme strengths. Also, I did around 15 more barrows chests with no items, though I have a ton of runes from it. I'm 60k xp till 98 magic right now, so I'll probably get that tomorrow at barrows if I decide to go back there. I might start a log of all my barrows loots and which chest number I get them on.

[hide=Account stats]
taltin_yc.png
rennn_diy.png
[/hide]

My DIY Blog

Day 11:

+52,494 xp

+ 13 levels

Completed:

Black Knights' fortress

Monk's friend

Clock tower

Hazeel cult

At first today I trained fishing and cooking a bit more to stock up on food. At level 50 I can add chocolate from the Culinromancer's chest to all the cakes I stole earlier. After that I played a few more games of pest control, though I didn't get enough zeal because the games were to fast 3 times in a row so I left. After that I did black knights' fortress, and then headed to Ardougne and did a bunch of easy quests in that area. I Started on Ghosts Ahoy, and then went to mine a star and I'm back up to 105k coins. I forgot to raise any cats today for death runes lol. I'm at 51 quest points now.

R3nnn:

40,927 xp

Did a short trip abyssal demons still no whip. Then I headed to Barrows for 6 chests and didn't get an item, so I'm like 20+ chests dry now. Also worked on getting some tokkul for a toktz-ket-xil(obsidian shield) 12k/67k now.

[hide=Account stats]
taltin_yc.png
rennn_diy.png
[/hide]

My DIY Blog

Day 12:

Rennn DIY:

Completed:

Ghosts ahoy

Tower of life

Buyers and cellars

Killed unicows and stuff.

Got a clue from pickpocketing ham members which required iron boots so I trained to 25 slayer and got them as a drop from cockatrice though I also need an unholy symbol which requires Observatory quest to get it blessed I think. I'll probably end up using that over an amulet of accuracy for the prayer bonus.

Raised another cat for death runes

[hide=Quests complete]

toweroflifecomplete.png

ghostsahoycomplete.png

buyersandcellarscomplete.png

[/hide]

R3nnn:

+256,185 xp

+1 level 98 magic

At first I just finished off getting an obsidian shield then went back to abyssals with no luck. Then I decided to change it up a bit and hunt some chompeys for wild pies. I made 10 of them then went to ganodermic beasts, and got the polypore stick on my 3rd kill. At 587 ganodermic flakes, though I can only make up to the legs with a boost. I also got 540 polypore spores, 12 watermelon seeds, a snapdragon seed, and a lantadyme seed. I can use the watermelon seeds to make summer pies later if I want. I am out of blood, and air runes now though so I'll have to craft more or go to barrows before heading back to ganodermic beasts, and whatever drops the grifolic flakes so I can make a poncho.

Also, I ended up making another trade today to lend 1m to a friend.

[hide=Polypore stick:]

polyporestickomfgfirstpie3rdkill.png

[/hide]

[hide=98 mage:]

98mage-1.png

[/hide]

[hide=Account stats]
taltin_yc.png
rennn_diy.png
[/hide]

My DIY Blog

Day 13:

Rennn DIY:

Absolutely nothing. lol

R3nnn:

+347,120 xp

First I Caught around 50 more chompies and made 30 wild pies. Then I went back to ganodermic beasts. I got 2 palm tree seeds which I can use to get weapon poison++ and antipoison++, and 2 magic seeds which is nice too I guess. They really do have good loot so I'll definitely killing more even if I don't need more spores or flakes. I made a polypore staff after running around runescape buying fire runes and eventually crafting a ton of them which I did 20 barrows chests with, and I got a Guthan's helm and Torag's legs both slightly better than what I had before. Also, I bought a cooking cape to burn less wild pies, and I got quite a few crystal key halves from ganodermics and barrows.

Chest 12: Torag's legs

Chest 14: Guthan's helm

[hide=Loot]

obsidiancape-1.png

palmtreeseed2.png

magicseed.png

toragslegs.png

Guthanshelm.png

[/hide]

Updated bank picture too

[hide=Account stats]
taltin_yc.png
rennn_diy.png
[/hide]

My DIY Blog

Day 14:

Rennn DIY:

Didn't do anything on here again since it ran out of membership. Sadly, I won't be able to get membership on it again for a while, since my brother blew all the money that he owed me.

R3nnn:

First I went to barrows again with polypore staff, and I got an akrisae's robe top which is exactly the piece I wanted, though a melee plate would be nice too. After that I made 230k alching battle staves, and 50k mining a star. Then I went to abyssal demons for about an hour and got nothing as always. After that I Bought a dragon halberd for tds. I made about 100k at tds which I blew buying fire, and air runes for a glacor trip already. I died there since I got in melee range of a glacor on accident , but I got back easily and didn't lose anything. I got 4 shards of armadyl, which I'll save in case I ever decide to make a staff, which will be after 93 slayer and a staff of light drop. After that I headed to the mole to get nests for brews. I might just do the kiln with a korasi since I'm really tired of killing abyssal demons.

I also made ganodermic leggings after using 12 spicy stews to boost.

Chest 21: Akrisae's robetop

[hide=Account stats]
taltin_yc.png
rennn_diy.png
[/hide]

My DIY Blog

Day 15:

Rennn DIY still doesn't have membership so I probably won't be on it much at all.

R3nnn:

1,537,823 xp

Gathered all the supplies for the fight kiln which I had to kill the mole for brews, wyverns for super prayers, Salarin the twisted for torstols, and about a billion aberrant spectres for the 12 dwarfweed I needed to make 3 overload flasks. I also used left over fruit bat from paying for my palm tree to catch grenwalls for the extreme range. Also used snapdragon seeds from drops for super restores.

I actually did attempt the kiln after gathering supplies for what seemed like hours. The kiln was actually really easy in my pretty terrible gear mostly since I have the waves completely memorized. The only thing my gear actually mattered on was the boss which kept hitting me so fast I could hardly attack back, and I ended up using 15 brew flasks all on the boss and I died. :( Really big setback, but I'm still motivated to try again just really need to get a grifolic poncho mostly, but I'll get a barrows plate too. Having a korasi's sword instead of a whip actually didn't make too much of a difference so I won't worry about getting a whip before next kiln but I'll probably go to abyssal demons anyways to make barrows, and grifalaroopines less monotonous.

After failing the kiln I pretty much went straight to barrows got a second guthan's chainskirt after a few chests which is really annoying. After, that I went to ganodermic beasts, and got a torstol seed drop, and I gathered more grifolic flakes currently at about 1.5k/3.5k. I then headed back to barrows saying I wasn't going to stop till I got an item which was a pretty bad idea, since I'm now dry 32 barrows chests, and my polypore staff only has 300 more charges. Although, I did gain alot of supplies like sharks and prayer potions, since I don't use any freezing the brother with ice barrage then farcasting with polypore.

I'll post a picture of the Guthan's chainskirt when I'm on the computer with it. Can someone tell me how I can put a line through text to cross out goals on the front page? btw I totally didn't play for like 40 hours straight this weekend lol

Chest 40: Guthan's chainskirt 2

[hide=Account stats]
taltin_yc.png
rennn_diy.png
[/hide]

My DIY Blog

Day 16:

R3nnn:

Forgot to reset xp counter

+1 level

First off I went to Runespan, and got 84 runecrafting, and bought a wicked cape for 2.5k points. The extra 25 pure ess, and runes charge will really help me getting all the fire and cosmic runes I've been needing to charge air orbs which make me money to buy more elemental runes from stores. I definitely don't need to worry about minds, chaos ,deaths, or blood runes because barrows. I'm currently 50 chests dry since that Guthan's chainskirt which is really annoying. If I get an Ahrim's staff I'll Probably just rage. lol :(

My brother better pay me back soon so I can get membership on my other account again, though I think runespan is f2p so I might try that out.

[hide=Account stats]
taltin_yc.png
rennn_diy.png
[/hide]

My DIY Blog

day 17:

R3nnn:

+about 300k xp

Was at runespan for a while and got wicked legs, and I'll go back there for the top tomorrow. I might also try and boost for karamja elite after that. After that I went to barrows and did another 9 chests still completely dry.

[hide=Account stats]
taltin_yc.png
rennn_diy.png
[/hide]

My DIY Blog

Day 18:

R3nnn:

+1 level

Wasn't on Runescape for too long today, so I only got 85 runecrafting which is really useful getting around runespan with the flesh platforms. Also, I did 4 more chests at barrows and broke my dry streak of 61 after getting a Verac's plateskirt on chest #102. :D It's an upgrade from Torag's legs, but I still need a platebody. While being completely dry of barrows items I got tons of runes, and a few more crystal keys. I'm currently at 14k deaths, 5k bloods, 31k chaos, and 65k mind runes, so I'll probably get 200m magic xp from scratch lol not really. I've been getting money from battlestaves daily but I've been spending it right away on all the air, water, and fire runes from magic stores around Runescape. I'll post the picture of the Verac's plateskirt, and the Guthan's chainskirt when I get on the computer with them.

[hide=Barrows loot]

guthanschainskirt2.png

veracsplateskirtafterbeingdry53chests.png

[/hide]

[hide=85 runecrafting]

85runecrafting.png

[/hide]

Also, my brother won't be able to pay me back till around when my finals are starting, so I won't be making my second account a member untill summer.

[hide=Account stats]
taltin_yc.png
rennn_diy.png
[/hide]

My DIY Blog

@swedishboy5 Thanks, though I don't know how 4 items in 100 chests is all that great. lol

Day 19:

Today I did another 20 barrows chests without getting an item, and then went to grifalopines to get more polyporespores. I'm currently at 2k/3.5k grifolic flakes, and I also got a dwarfweed seed. After that I went to glacors for a bit, and raged at my wolpertinger killing unstable so I went back to using a unicorn. I have 9 shards of armadyl now, and made around 250k in alchables and coin drops, though I mainly wanted ragefire boots. I also cleared out what was in my kingdom and gave that too a friend and raised my approval to 100% and then I put 100k to start that off.

I've been keeping a drop log of both my glacor kills and barrows chests if anyone wants to see those.

Then I headed to abyssal demons for about 150 kills, and of course I still haven't got a whip.

I'm now working on getting a dragon defender. I got myself killed there by the cyclopes to drop my 9 dragon defenders under my grave, but none of the stupid pures there would bless my grave, so I had to ask a friend to come and bless it. I'm currently on black defender which I actually won't drop once I get dragon because it's useful for tormented wraiths if you're maging or meleeing. I don't know if I'll actually go there much since I'll probably get a spirit shield soloing corp sometime.

Also, I'm currently 300k till 99 defence, and maxed melee. I'm not really sure if I should have a small party for that or not.

On a side note, With the release of google drive my school blocked google documents so now I actually have to bother using a flash drive. :( lol

[hide=Account stats]
taltin_yc.png
rennn_diy.png
[/hide]

My DIY Blog

day 20:

+1 level 99 defence!

I went to barrows for a bit with no items. Then I went to DKs, but I didn't get any good drops. Then I went to abyssal demons, and I finally got my abyssal whip.

After that I soloed bandos to get ourg bones for my friend to bury for 95 prayer.

Then I started doing some slayer to get 99 defence. I completed a desert strykewyrm, and then a jungle strykewyrm task, and I got it on my hellhound task.

[hide=99 defence!]

99defence.png

[/hide]

[hide=Abyssal whip]

abyssalwhiprealomfg.png

[/hide]

[hide=Account stats]
taltin_yc.png
rennn_diy.png
[/hide]

My DIY Blog

Day 21:

Today I did alot, but jagex was trolling me. lol First off I went to barrows, and I got a second torag's legs, and then a karil's coif, but I also got a champions scroll from a skeleton in the tunnels. Then I went to Glacors got some okay loot, but nothing amazing. Then I Went to finish off my grifolic poncho, but I ended up having to bank after not getting 500 flakes in an hour. I went to zamorak because my friend wanted me to watch him solo it with holy water, but that didn't do any damage so I soloed fora bit and I got 6 lantadyme seeds, and a good amount of coins. I'm up to 930k coins now. Oh and I gota lucky DFH another troll considering how useless it is. Then I went back and completed my grifolic poncho.

I'm not sure if I should buy a cannon, or put some money in my kingdom.

Also, I did quite a bit of afk things like spinning flax, and fishing cavefish while watching Chris Archie's amnesia the dark descent lets play.

I did a few clues, and I got a tan cavalier, and a rune h1 plate so I have a bit of a skilling outfit now. lol

[hide=Champion scroll, and barrows loot]

championscrollandkarilscoif.png

toragslegs2.png

[/hide]

[hide=lucky DFH]

luckydragonfullhelm.png

[/hide]

[hide=Account stats]
taltin_yc.png
rennn_diy.png
[/hide]

My DIY Blog

Day 22:

Completed the fight kiln. Gathered supplies for it pretty much the same thing just alot easier.

I did some barrows chests still no platebody.

Also, I updated my bank picture.

Set a lot of new goals.

Bought a coal bag.

Iron drops from rex, and coal from kingdom and drops is a great way to make cannonballs diy.

bought a cannon, and I'm down to 98k coins.

[hide=Kiln complete]

kilnfromscratchcomplete.png

[/hide]

[hide=Account stats]
taltin_yc.png
rennn_diy.png
[/hide]

My DIY Blog

Day 24:

I did a ton of bossing including Glacors, TDs, and bandos. I got a pair of bandos boots which is a troll, but also 2 elite clues. The first elite clue got me a pair of armadyl chaps which will be useful for armadyl later. Then the second one got me a wolfstaff, but 9 antipoison++ makes up for it. After that I went to glacors, and I got 99 magic using fire surge. I bought both my defence and magic capes which was a bit of a waste of money, but oh well. Then I went to tds, and tried using an iron titan using range and mage instead of a unicorn. It worked pretty well though I need some practice and a steel titan would be alot better.

I also did a bit of runespan, but I fell asleep while I was there. lol

I'm out of unicorn scrolls, so I need to kill more unicows.

[hide=bandos boots]

bandosbootslmfao.png

[/hide]

[hide=99 magic]

99magic.png

[/hide]

[hide=elite clues]

armadylchaps.png

elitecluetwodlongwolfstaff.png

[/hide]

[hide=Account stats]
taltin_yc.png
rennn_diy.png
[/hide]

My DIY Blog

day 25:

Today I started off by doing a bandos trip which I got 18 kills with no amazing drops. Then I went to armadyl and failed really badly, and I got only 3 kills.

After that I afked cavefish. I also did a bit of herblore habitat stuff for juju gumbo, and baron sharks which I used at bandos, and armadyl.

then I did a second bandos trip which I only got 13 kills because I brought a dragon defender. There were no free worlds so I ended up crashing some other noob using a bgs, and his friend. I normally don't crash people, but I got bandos tassets on the first kill there, so it was worth it. :D They hopped after 4 kills so I actually had to tank again. lol Then I headed to glacors with my leftover unicorn time, and I got 2 shards. Currently, I'm killing mutated jadinkos trying to get a whip vine, and wergalis.

Should I allow myself to use my fighters torso after I get a barrows platebody? I'm still using that rune h1 plate. lol

I'm going to have to train agility like all weekend to use my skoll boots which is gonna suck, since I need to make summer pies.

[hide=bandos tassets]

bandostassets.png

[/hide]

[hide=Account stats]
taltin_yc.png
rennn_diy.png
[/hide]

My DIY Blog

day 26:

Didn't get any rare drops today, but I got 96 range, and 88 crafting. Also completed an elite clue which got me a few more wild pies for killing ganodermic beasts.

Also, I made some admiral pies, and I fished some rocktails, and cavefish.

[hide=elite clue]

eliteclue3.png

[/hide]

[hide=88 crafting and 96 ranged]

88crafting.png

96ranged.png

[/hide]

[hide=Account stats]
taltin_yc.png
rennn_diy.png
[/hide]

My DIY Blog

I don't think I'm going to keep track of the day I'm on anymore. Simply because I can't remember which day I'm on now after not posting anything here in a while.

Still haven't got any rare drops since tassets, but I've been working on getting the levels for task master.

I've got 86 runecrafting along with a wicked robe top because of double points over the weekend. Also, I completed karamja elite with a stew for the runecrafting points. I don't think I'll get 87 agility for a while, so I used 2 of the xp lamps on slayer, because it is the slowest skill to train now, and I want to be able to get ice strykewyrms as a task. Also, I got 83 agility with 40 penguin points that I collected from randomly finding them over a while. 15k till 90 fishing right now, so I'll probably add that to this post when I get it.

[hide=level ups]

83agility.png

86runecrafting.png

[/hide]

[hide=Account stats]
taltin_yc.png
rennn_diy.png
[/hide]

My DIY Blog

Today I just trained fishing, agility, and I cooked some of the fish I got. Also did a short bandos trips with my new rocktails, though I got pretty unlucky and only got 8 kills compared to the 18 I got before. Got 91 fishing and completed morytania elite, and I have 39 laps completed of 250 for barbarian course and then task master.

I also got on my noob account even though it's f2p, and I trained a bit of fishing prayer, and runecrafting.

[hide=Account stats]
taltin_yc.png
rennn_diy.png
[/hide]

My DIY Blog

Finished up getting task master. It was a bit annoying having to do the Burthope tasks after finishing Freminik.

I got a dragon hatchet, and a berserker ring at dagannoth kings which is pretty awesome though I kinda want to keep using my ring of wealth for a bit longer.

Also, I did a bit of herblore habitat got some juju mining potions, and 84 hunter. Currently I'm getting 83 mining. I also started up kingdom with about 1m cash on some coal, herbs, and maple logs. I kind of want to get a dragon pickaxe, so I'll probably do some ZMI for soul runes to use blood barrage or buy em from the mage guild.

[hide=level ups]

93slayer.png

91fishing.png

86agility.png

85agility.png

84hunter.png

83mining.png

[/hide]

[hide=Berserker ring, and dragon hatchet]

dragonhatchet.png

berserkerring39.png

[/hide]

[hide=Account stats]
taltin_yc.png
rennn_diy.png
[/hide]

My DIY Blog

In the past couple of days Ive been focusing on getting some of my item drop goals again instead of levels like when I was going for task master. The best drop Ive got is a whip vine which is a great weapon in itself, but Im going to allow myself to use rapier again because of it. :D This was only on the 6th kill of the trip and about 400 total. I forgot to take a picture right away because I was trying to screenshare with a friend on skype which for some reason didnt work. Ill probably only use rapier on bosses because of the costs though. I also did a lot of barbarian assault and I got a fighters torso, and fighter hat. I had the torso before but when I realized I was so rich Id almost never go without a bandos chestplate I lost it pking to save bankspace. I went to zamorak to get a zamorakian spear, and I got 15 kills with quite a bit of useful drops like lantadymes, and wines of zamorak. Im getting to the point where I dont have to go out of my way to skill and collect things like herbs, logs, ores, etc. because Im getting most of the from bosses, and slayer. On the first kill of zamorak I got a left shield half which is awesome because its a better melee defence shield than toktz-ket-xil, and it has less negative range and mage attack for when I go to armadyl. Although, I did have to spend 750k on the right shield half which was a pretty big pain because I knew that the entire shield was only like 300k in the Grand Exchange lol. I really liked the old dragon square shield better with the dragon symbol it had in the center, but maybe Ill be able to get a dragon kiteshield to match it when the queen black dragon comes out. After making the shield I was down to 11k coins, so I didnt do battlestaves for the day because of how many trips to Naff Id have to make. Most of the coins I had were from bandos though.

Then, I made about 2k cannonballs for slayer with coal from my kingdom, and iron mostly from drops at dagannoth kings. I started doing some slayer now too, and I managed to get a dark bow on my 122d kill of a 161 dark beast task. Im not sure where Id use the dark bow, but Im sure it will come in handy some time, though I dont have any dragon arrows, and the only way to get them is from dragon and kingly implings, but I do have 760 rune arrows mostly from that 150 rune arrow rdt drop. On this task I hit a 606 with whip vine which made me realize that I already have pretty much maxed strength gear. After the dark beast task I wasnt really sure which task I wanted next thinking greater demons for zamorak, but I forgot I had 93 slayer, and I got the best task possible: Ice strykewyrms. I got 134 of them, and I brang 3 extreme magic potions, and prayer renewals expecting to finish the task in under an hour but I had to leave because my yak timer ran out and I almost dropped all the loot in it from the task. They really do have great loot such as a lot of noted crushed nests, herbs, and pure ess. I got an effigy, and 2 clue scrolls, but no staff of light yet. I still have 22 of them left, so hopefully Ill get one. Even if I do get one I might not use it all that much because of how many fire runes Id have to use. During the time that I was slaying I got 600 adamant bolts from that 200 RDT drop which should help for armadyl later.

Also, I should probably mention that I will be getting assists for effigies because it would suck having 5 and not being able to open them. Im going to have to do some AFK stuff now because I need to study for my finals which are coming up next week, though Im not really sure what.

[hide=drops]

whipvineon6thkill.png

leftshieldhalf.png

darkbow.png

[/hide]

[hide=Account stats]
taltin_yc.png
rennn_diy.png
[/hide]

My DIY Blog