Taltin DIY - 1600 total slayer helm, lunars, and tokkul-zo

Recently I got pretty bored of Runescape especially with the Squeal of fortune update that made me have very little motivation to play so I started DIY on my main. I'm about 5 days into it and I've already got a decent amount of items the tab takes like 250 bank space. I was also motivated to start DIY by reading some other blogs on here mostly Runars. One of my favorite parts about Runescape is questing so I decided to make a new account to DIY on. This account is called Rennn DIY. I put DIY at the end so maybe my friend Runnn would still confuse people. lol I'll probably write about both things that I do on my main and my new account on here. I stopped DIYing on my main simply because I got bored of it, but I'm still DIYing on my second account, and it's a lot of fun. I've really done a ton of stuff on it since I stopped updating this blog, but I'm going to start it up again.

Rules:

• No trading
  • No use of the Grand Exchange
  • No assists
  • No lootshare
  • Group minigames are allowed
  • Solo dungeoneering only

Long term goals:

• Quest cape
  • Fire cape
  • 91 runecrafting or boost at 86 got my first effigy lol
  • 75 crafting with a stew boost for a glory
  • Mages' book

Goals:

- All Medium task sets complete

- Dragon rider boots maybe depending on how rare they are

- 53 theiving

- 60 prayer

- 70 defence

- 58 slayer for cave horrors

- 44 herblore for super attacks

- 48 agility for rune rfd gloves

- 60 defence for a toktz-ket-xil

- 52 summoning spirit terrorbird

- 76 fishing for sharks

- 66 magic for swan song

- Monkey madness for a dragon scimitar

- dragon hatchet from dks

- Bones to peaches 2000 enchantment points, 200 telekinetic, 200 graveyard, 200 alchemist

- Mages' book

- Leaf bladed sword for a decent stab weapon on metal dragons

- Dragon platelegs

Current Gear:

Melee:

Helm - Neitiznot, Warrior (Freminik isles, Freminik trials)

Cape - Fire cape

Necklace - Amulet of strength, Unholy symbol, amulet of power (Giant mole, Observatory,Medium clue)

Weapon - Dragon scimitar (Monkey madness)

Plate - Verac's brassard, proselyte (barbarian assualt)

Shield - Toktz-ket-xil,crystal shield, dragon defedner(drop from tzhaar)

Legs - Verac's skirt

Gloves - Barrows gloves

Boots - Rock climbing boots (death platuea)

Ring - Berserker ring(Dagannoth Rex)

Mage:

Helm - Farseer (freminik trials)

Cape - Ardougne, Guthix cape (Mage arena)

Necklace - unholy symbol, Magic amulet(t) (easy clue)

Weapon - Mindspike, guthix staff, Greater runic staff (mage arena)

Plate - Mystic (mage guild)

Shield - Broodoo shield (Tai Bwo Wannai clean up)

Legs - Fungal leggings,Mystic(polypore dungeon, mage guild)

Gloves -Barrows gloves, Chaos gauntlets (rfd, family crest)

Boots - Infinity (mage training arena)

Ring - Explorers ring 3 (Lumbridge tasks)

Ranged:

Helm - Archers helm (fremnnik trials)

Cape - Ava's accumulator (animal magnetism)

Necklace - Amulet of accuracy, unholy symbol (imp catcher)

Weapon - Rune crossbow, MSB, Crystal bow

Plate - Saradomin body(champions guild)

Shield - toktz-ket-xil, mirror shield, crystal (drop from Tzhaar, Cockroach soilder)

Legs - Black d'hide chaps

Gloves - Barrows gloves

Boots - snakeskin(Taoi Bwo Wannai Clean up, and 45 crafting)

Ring - Explorers ring(lumbridge tasks)

[hide=Account stats]
taltin_yc.png
rennn_diy.png
[/hide]

My DIY Blog

• Replies 71
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

[hide=Bank pictures:]

R3nnn:

This is just the DIY tab some things like charms and potions are in other tabs and I just have the amount I had before I started written in my notes. Also showing my herblore tab, though alot of the potions in there are not from scratch, and I won't allow myself to use em until 99 herblore. Kinda failed, and I forgot to put my gear away so I just added it at the bottom.

bankpictureday21-1.png

Rennn DIY:

bankpicture2.png

[/hide]

[hide=Drops:]

R3nnn:

Dharok's helm

Ahrim's hood

2 Guthan's chainskirt

Dragon platelegs

Black mask(10)

Saradomin plateskirt

Blue d'hide chaps(t)

Abyssal head! Awesome drop but I wanted a whip lol

rune h3 helm should I even list this here? lol

2 Dragon boots

Obsidian cape

Polypore stick

2 Torag's legs

Guthan's Helm

Akrisae's robe top

Verac's skirt

Abyssal whip

Karil's coif

Lucky DFH

bandos boots

Bandos tassets

Vine whip

Left shield half

Dark bow

Akrisae's war mace

Rennn DIY:

Black platelegs(g)

Armadyl page 4

Berserker ring

amulet of magic(t)

Mindspike staff[/hide]

[hide=Trades]

I made an excpetion to five my friend a gift of a powdered wig, as I always give them to any friend when they get their first chaotic.

What I had typed was how many coins I had from scratch so I could withdraw coins from bank after buying powdered wig.

firsttrade.png

[/hide]

[hide=Account stats]
taltin_yc.png
rennn_diy.png
[/hide]

My DIY Blog

Good luck! :)

Btw can someone please tell me how to make a show button or whatever to hide things? lol

That's easy:

[hide=title]hidden stuff[/hide]

The above example looks like this:

[hide=title]hidden stuff[/hide]

Day 1:

Rennn DIY:

+5,518 xp

+37 levels

Finished Druidic Ritual, Wolf Whistle, and Let Them Eat Pie

Started a bit of slayer completing the task 5 gelatinous abominations, and 28 wolves getting 3 slayer, and my current slayer task is now 36 monkeys

R3nnn:

Over the weekend I started diy by heading to black dragons for black d'hide then made a bit of gp alching yew longs. After buying a dragon dagger, a slayer staff and using the wicked hood to make death runes I headed to barrows, and got a Dharok's helm after a few chests.

After that I headed to spiritual mages with monk robes as my Saradomin item and a unholy symbol for Zamorak. I got a clue scroll which I did and got a rune hatchet which is nice because I can't make them.

after that I went to abyssal demons in proselyte and got an abyssal head and another clue. In this clue I got a Saradomin plateskirt which is pretty useless, and a rune crossbow which is awesome.

After that I headed to Abberant spectres for some seeds and I managed to do my first few herb runs and my first bush run. Then I did a clue that I got from then got some rune legs. I alched all the rune items and went back to yews for a bit and managed to make money for a mystic top bottom and boots, and went to steel dragons and got some dragon platelegs pretty quickly along with 100k from alching steel plates and rune drops. After the steel dragon trip I went to cave horrors and got a black mask like 30 minutes later. I also had to get a rune warhammer for a clue so I ended up camping ice trolls for 3 hours lol. I did quite a bit of clues one of which got me 12 purple sweets which I'll probably never use.

After that I made 230k crafting and alching air battlestaves, and bought a soul wars cape and a balmung.

Then I went back to abyssal demons not sure how long I've spent there but still no whip. after that I went to barrows and got a Guthan's chainskirt. Somewhere in there I also got a Tooth half from an ice troll, and from Shadow warriors which I was killing for weapon poison, and two loop halves from barrows. These made my glory and ring of wealth.

[hide=Clue Scrolls over the weekend]runecrossbowsaradominplateskirtomfg.png

fromscratchclue3dhidechapst.png

[/hide]

[hide=Drops]

guthanschainskirtomfg.png

dragonplatelegswoot.png

blackmaskholyshitImluckydlegsrightbeforethis.png

ahrimshoodwoot.png

abyssalheadomghevenfromscratch.png

dhhelmandboltracks.png

[/hide]

[hide=Account stats]
taltin_yc.png
rennn_diy.png
[/hide]

My DIY Blog

day 2:

Rennn DIY:

+18,505 xp

+112 levels

Completed beginner Lumbridge/Draynor Tasks

Finished the blood pact

Cook's assistant

Death plateau

Gunnar's Ground

The Restless ghost

Rune mysteries

Definitely gonna train a lot agility it really makes a huge difference lol

R3nnn:

Tried going to DKS with the balmung I bought and my black mask, and I panic ectophialed after lagging. Then I tried again and got crashed rage quit and finished my task at regular Dagannoths in the lighthouse. I got a medium clue and it requires a pointed blue snelm which I haven't been able to find in the swamps so I started playing temple trekking because I think it can be found in the injured people event. Only have done 3 runs through it so far got 5 snapdragons, 5 ranarrs, and 9 kwuarm. My current slayer task is spiritual mages which will be great to get dragon boots with the black mask bonus, though I want to be able to get a clue so I'm going to finish my current one first.

I'll probably reset one of my counters to see how much xp I gain on this account too.

[hide=Account stats]
taltin_yc.png
rennn_diy.png
[/hide]

My DIY Blog

Day 3:

Rennn DIY:

+62,370 xp

+187 levels

Activated all lodestones I can besides Yanille.

Completed:

Perils of ice mountains - I had to run back and forth with it telling me I need 10 in a skill lol

Priest in peril

The knight's sword

First part of recipe for disaster

Working on getting 15 dungeoneering for the resource dungeon to get iron to make granite crabs because I can't hold more than 300 gold charms in my bank with the trial membership, and I'm not subscribing till its over since I'm cheap. lol

R3nnn:

+9,658 xp

Did temple trekking and got my pointed blue snelm, and that's about it. Also got some snakeskin during it which I'll use to make some snakeskin boots.

[hide=Account stats]
taltin_yc.png
rennn_diy.png
[/hide]

My DIY Blog

Day 4:

Rennn DIY:

+24,231 xp

+55 levels

Got 15 dungeoneering for the resource dungeon and a lot of xp in other skills while doing that.

Completed

Demon Slayer

Vampyre slayer - You've just advanced 12 attack levels! lol

Dwarf cannon

Rag and Bone Man

Gonna do a couple more quests to get into the champions guilld to buy a black full helm, and I'll buy black armour as my first melee set really have only been maging so far.

R3nnn:

+277,818 xp

+1 level 98 defence

Finished my clue that I got the pointed blue snelm for and got like 11 chaos runes an adamant hatchet with some other junk.

Also, I made 230k again by making and alching battlestaves, and made the snakeskin boots and did an abyssal demon trip with abyssal bane arrows and my magic short bow.

Bought a Korasi's sword with the money from battlestaves.

[hide=2 Dragon boot drops :D]

dragonboots.png

dboots2whatthehellamIgonnadowiththese.png

[/hide]

Added a bank picture from my main its like 2 days old but nothing much has changed. Also gonna add pictures for the drops that I got over the weekend under day 1.

Added a profile picture of when I was kinda rich not as rich as when I had a 850m bank with a divine. lol

[hide=Account stats]
taltin_yc.png
rennn_diy.png
[/hide]

My DIY Blog

A lot of them are from abyssal demons since they refuse to give me a whip and I started a bit of slayer with a dagannoth task, a spiritual mage task, and an abyssal demon task that I'm currently on. Also, I might have got a clue from steel dragons or cave horrors. I do every clue that I get pretty much right as I get it or shortly afterward since they're pretty fun to do.

[hide=Account stats]
taltin_yc.png
rennn_diy.png
[/hide]

My DIY Blog

Day 5:

Rennn DIY

+19,201 xp

+33 levels

Only completed One piercing note today, but I almost have Varrock easy tasks complete just need one more which requires digsite, and I mined 2 stars for a bit more money.

Going to do digsite, and Gertrude's cat so I can raise cats while I mine iron to get 50 smithing for a mithril hatchet for Animal magnetism. I need to get 25 thieving for digsite so that should get me a nice amount of cakes for whatever.

I also managed to safespot a few moss giants north of Ardougne to get my black sq shield to finish the set.

R3nnn:

+301k xp

+1 94 dungeoneering and 2300 total milestone

Did my 219 abyssal demon task still no whip, but I got an uncut dragonstone which I might make a combat brace or skills necklace for teleports. I also did 8 barrows chests which I got no items on but I got more bloods which I was running low on. Mined a star on here as well mostly for the cosmics to keep making air orbs.

Bought large and giant runecrafting pouches from the runecrafting guild for 75k to make more daily runes with wicked hood.

[hide=Account stats]
taltin_yc.png
rennn_diy.png
[/hide]

My DIY Blog

Day 6:

Rennn DIY:

+89 levels

+106,660 xp

Completed

Gertrude's cat

The Digsite

elemental workshop 1

elemental workshop 2

Varrock easy task set

I started raising cats to sell for death runes but the first one ran away at 60%, and now after I've raised the second one to a cat Gertrude still won't let me get another one for some reason.

After completing varrock easy tasks I started mining iron and got to 44 mining and enough ores for 50 smithing. Rannn into Warsaver at dark wizards randomly when I was doing digsite and I added him. After I can complete animal magnetism I'm going to get 40 combat and start doing pest control since I won't be able to get black d'hide on here for a long time.

Should I post pictures of quests complete or just list them?

[hide=Quests Complete]

gertrudescatcomplete.png

elementalworkshoppart2complete.png

elementalworkshoppart1complete.png

digsitecomplete.png

[/hide]

R3nnn:

+50,34 xp

Didn't really do too much on this account today other than make about 350k coins alching battlestaves.

[hide=Account stats]
taltin_yc.png
rennn_diy.png
[/hide]

My DIY Blog

Day 6:

Rennn DIY:

+89 levels

+106,660 xp

Completed

Gertrude's cat

The Digsite

elemental workshop 1

elemental workshop 2

Varrock easy task set

I started raising cats to sell for death runes but the first one ran away at 60%, and now after I've raised the second one to a cat Gertrude still won't let me get another one for some reason.

After completing varrock easy tasks I started mining iron and got to 44 mining and enough ores for 50 smithing. Rannn into Warsaver at dark wizards randomly when I was doing digsite and I added him. After I can complete animal magnetism I'm going to get 40 combat and start doing pest control since I won't be able to get black d'hide on here for a long time.

[hide=Quests Complete]

gertrudescatcomplete.png

digsitecomplete.png

[/hide]

R3nnn:

+50,34 xp

Didn't really do too much on this account today other than make about 350k coins alching battlestaves.

[hide=Account stats]
taltin_yc.png
rennn_diy.png
[/hide]

My DIY Blog

Day 6:

Rennn DIY:

+89 levels

+106,660 xp

Completed

Gertrude's cat

The Digsite

elemental workshop 1

elemental workshop 2

Varrock easy task set

[hide=Quests Complete]

gertrudescatcomplete.png

digsitecomplete.png

[/hide]

R3nnn:

+50,34 xp

My internet just completely failed me and I managed to triple post lol now can someone tell me if I can and how to delete my posts? lol

[hide=Account stats]
taltin_yc.png
rennn_diy.png
[/hide]

My DIY Blog

Day 7:

Rennn DIY:

+79,947 xp

+49 levels

Didn't complete any quests today, but I got 50 smithing and I made a mithril hatchet after getting a mith bar drop from a chaos dwarf that I safespotted after completing my ghosts task that I went into the wilderness to range them with a safespot. I raised one cat to overgrown and another to 70%. I also made an amulet of magic and a bracelet of clay which I used to make a few urns. Completed my first clue scroll which I got from a goblin and got a fire talisman not too great but pretty helpful.

[hide=Clue]firstclueondiyrennn.png[/hide]

Also, I reorganized my bank and updated the picture of it.

Tomorrow, I'm going to work on getting the reqs for animal magnetism and maybe complete it, and then I'll probably do a bit of Fist of Guthix to train mage and get air runecrafting gloves. I really enjoy FOG, but I'm not sure if that will still be the case at like 30 combat. lol

R3nnn:

+about 100k xp forgot to reset counter

I didn't do anything at all on this account besides fish cavefish.

I also made my first trade on here since I started just to give a food friend that got his first chaotic a powdered wig. lol Sorry, I just had too.

posted a picture of that on the first page too.

I'm probably going to allow myself to use my chaotics after getting certain things though I'm not sure which I'm thinking whip and whip vine for rapier, and full karils or armadyl or something for ccb not really sure at all. Also, for bonecrusher how about 96 prayer?

Updated bank picture on here too mostly since it looked stupid before, though not much has changed.

[hide=Account stats]
taltin_yc.png
rennn_diy.png
[/hide]

My DIY Blog

Day 8:

Rennn DIY:

+70,421 xp

+ 60 levels

Today I got all the requirements for Animal magnetism and started working on getting void, and I'll play FOG after getting 42 attack and strength or getting 250 points without being able to buy the armour. I also bought a mithril plate, legs, full helm, and a pair of climbing boots for 75k which is a stupid rip off dumb jagex raised the price lol. I should really mine some stars for some more gp, though I'll get quite a bit doing pest control.

Completed:

Ernest the chicken

Animal magnetism

Waterfall

Imp catcher- I had to get like 7 of all other beads before I got red lol

Also raised another cat to overgrown to sell for death runes.

Working on 42 attack, strength, defence, mage, and range for void armour.

[hide=Quests competed]ernestthechickencomplete.png

animalmagnetismcomplete.png

waterfallquestcomplete.png

[/hide]

R3nnn:

+14,318 xp

Just killed bork and soloed kbd a bit for my slayer task, got a few rune items which are kinda helpful. I heard you can enchant some ruby bolts for free with varrock tasks, so I've been collecting some rubies.

Got a rune scimitar from sof that I really wish I got on my other account lol

[hide=Account stats]
taltin_yc.png
rennn_diy.png
[/hide]

My DIY Blog

Day 9:

Rennn DIY:

+47 levels

+74,470 xp

At first I just afk fished trout and salmon and then cooked them while playing Minecraft. Then I headed to the tree gnome stronghold and got 25 agility for ghosts ahoy, and 700 total.

Also raised another cat for death runes.

No quests completed today

R3nnn:

+261,733 xp

+2 levels

Killed KBD, KQ, and abyssal demons for a lil while but didn't really get any good drops besides 100 yew logs which I can fletch and alch.

Got 96 prayer with the infernal ashes from Abyssal demons using the ectofunctus, so I'm going to allow myself to use my bonecrusher now. After that I got 81 thieving at the thieving guild simply because I was close to a level.

[hide=Account stats]
taltin_yc.png
rennn_diy.png
[/hide]

My DIY Blog