Maybe we shouldn't temporarily ignore PM spammers...

Arceus

The ignoring thing has nothing to do with offline/online status. Turning chat on from friends n so on would, n then your topic would make sense.

Beyond that I don't report them, merely because it's a waste of my time (if my public is on ever). Not like Jagex really does anything to them, let alone any bots currently..

Keep pchat to friends and -maybe- hope that Jagex does something eventually.

553VriC.png?1

Yeah, the mutes even from pmods probably don't do much. At best, it forces them to use another account for the next round, which actually probably just creates more work on the back end in the long run with no difference front end.

Unless the spam filter has been designed to quash people who try to pm 100 people in 5 seconds, in which case they would have to slow them down to human speed, in which case a mute might do a bit of good.

Seeing as the spam filter isn't able to quash those who are able to type a full line of text every 2 seconds, i can't see it doing much for pming 100 people in 5. >.<

Applejuiceaj.png

120320213547.png

The auto-mute should be very simple to implement, but I'm sure every change gets figured out and worked around. Basically I think it should just progressively lower the rate at which the PMs are actually sent. (based on factors like has that player had any contact with you, content of message, how many people you spam over the course of a few seconds etc)

I am sure something stronger than what they do now is possible.

Serena_Sedai.png
Maxed since Sunday, January 9th, 2014
Completionist since Wednesday, June 4th, 2014

The number is under 10,000...but is it still over 9,000?!

Joking aside, thanks Piu.

Nice.

I've was getting spammed with probably 5 at a time every few hours but it has really died off the last 2 days. I used to report and temp mute them all!

This is probably the best way to go. I will be doing this from now on.

lGxorje.png

Add me if you so wish: SwreeTak