CT fiends setup

Aten

So I finally got 95 summ... home stretch now to gather charms for 99 summ, but I'm trying to work out the most effective setup for CT fiends. Some new stuff has come out since the tip.it guide was last updated, so I was curious as to what the best invo and gear would be if I wanted to maximize charms per trip. Assume I have access to everything other than familiars beyond 95 summ.

Follow my road to 5.6/Gold Reaper/True Trim - DAT BLOG

The best weapon is a chaotic maul (rapier has been shown to be comparable, at the very least).

Bandos, fury, and otherwise normal slayer gear should fill your other slots. If you're off task, consider using elite void.

Overloads/extremes should obviously be used.

Healing-wise, soulsplit should be enough healing, but you may want to bring a few brews in case you get unlucky.

The rest of your inv should be prayer potions.

Make sure you stay on one side of the cavern so you don't reaggro them.

-Neitiz for off task/ FSH on task

-Fury

-Karils top/bottom

-Steadfast boots

-Berserker ring (I) (or) onyx ring (I)

-Dragon defender with Goliath gloves (or) Chaotic maul with Barrows gloves --- I'd go with the Goliath method

-SW cape

Inv : 1 titan pouch + 200 scrolls (have a titan summoned beforehand), 3 Overloads for a 60 minute stint, Enhanced excailbur, a few rocktails (or) a few brews with a restore, holy wrench, house tabs, 10 prayer potions and lastly some renewals.

With that set up aforementioned, expect around 200-210 Crimsons per hour on task---off task would be something like 180-200? I've no idea. Pray range the whole time and switch to SS when needed and have your titan spec whenever possible. What I do is attack 1 fiend to around half-health then have the titan spec, then move onto another fiend, rinse and repeat. Wth familiarisation and on task expect around 360-380 charms---off task maybe 340-360?. These rates have been tested by me at 99 STR/ATTK, 78 defence and 95 summoning with the exact setup mentioned minus the Steadfast boots :0 and overloads.

GL !!

I would say, max strength with helmet scrolls beats void without helmet scrolls. You can use some magic defence chest/leg armour (elite void, Karil's, ganodermic) if you take too much damage.

Supporter of Zaros | Quest Cape owner since 22 may 2010 | No skills below 99 | Total level 2595 | Completionist Cape owner since 17th June 2013 | Suggestions

99 summoning (18th June 2011, previously untrimmed) | 99 farming (14th July 2011) | 99 prayer (8th September 2011) | 99 constitution (10th September 2011) | 99 dungeoneering (15th November 2011)

99 ranged (28th November 2011) | 99 attack, 99 defence, 99 strength (11th December 2011) | 99 slayer (18th December 2011) | 99 magic (22nd December 2011) | 99 construction (16th March 2012)

99 herblore (22nd March 2012) | 99 firemaking (26th March 2012) | 99 cooking (2nd July 2012) | 99 runecrafting (12th March 2012) | 99 crafting (26th August 2012) | 99 agility (19th November 2012)

99 woodcutting (22nd November 2012) | 99 fletching (31st December 2012) | 99 thieving (3rd January 2013) | 99 hunter (11th January 2013) | 99 mining (21st January 2013) | 99 fishing (21st January 2013)

99 smithing (21st January 2013) | 120 dungeoneering (17th June 2013) | 99 divination (24th November 2013)

Tormented demon drops: twenty effigies, nine pairs of claws, two dragon armour slices and one elite clue | Dagannoth king drops: two dragon hatchets, two elite clues, one archer ring and one warrior ring

Glacor drops: four pairs of ragefire boots, one pair of steadfast boots, six effigies, two hundred lots of Armadyl shards, three elite clues | Nex split: Torva boots | Kalphite King split: off-hand drygore mace

30/30 Shattered Heart statues completed | 16/16 Court Cases completed | 25/25 Choc Chimp Ices delivered | 500/500 Vyrewatch burned | 584/584 tasks completed | 4000/4000 chompies hunted

I did it with ganodermic and goliath gloves. If you use bandos it could become difficult because you will take a bit more damage. If you are competent at swapping between pro-range and soulsplit that shouldn't be a problem though :)

TL;DR;

Goliath gloves, ganodermic/high strength gear, Helmet with scrolls, overloads and renewal potions, lots of prayer potions and a few brews just in case you get unlucky damage.

Make sure to keep your titan focused and speccing on a waterfiend you aren't attacking, and pay close attention during the first 10-15 mins when they're aggressive.

Serena_Sedai.png
Maxed since Sunday, January 9th, 2014
Completionist since Wednesday, June 4th, 2014

Are goliaths gloves + dragon defender not > Maul?

They are roughly the same favoring goliaths at AC waterfiends. In the CT overkill is less of an issue because you have your familiar finish off low hp fiends + the spec on goliath gloves should aggro all of the fiends it hits so it makes it a lot more attention intensive, so I believe that places the cmaul back on top. Either way it's not going to be a huge difference, if you have goliath gloves and not cmaul just use them instead. Their spec hits all fiends in a large area and lowers all of their defense.

witchynosaur.png

Armadyl Drops : 4 Hilts; 3 Chestplates; 2 Chainskirts; 1 Helmet; 1 Buckler; 2 Shard 1; 2 Shard 2; 1 Shard 3

Nex : 1 Zaryte Bow

Kalphite King : 1 Drygore Rapier ; 1 Drygore Longsword : 1 Drygore Offhand Rapier : 1 Drygore Offhand Longsword