Where to start after getting P2P?

Plugpoint

I'm getting P2P back at the end of the month and was wondering if you guys had any suggestions as to where I should start? Looking mainly for items I should make sure I get (anything from useful stuff like Boots of Lightness, to armour for someone with combat stats around 90... anything you can think of really).

Also any quests I should do immediately would be a big help, whether it's a really useful quest or just one that's quite enjoyable.

I've not been a member since ~2009/10 so any help would be greatly appreciated :D

Thanks!

Iron_0utkast.png

Maxed 15/06/13

SLAYER. Do smoking kills asap, buy decent slayer gear, and go crazy

Also hai Pluggeh :3

Requiescat in pace, Shiva "Anarith" Kumar.
dea6a17b9c.png
351 Quest Points|99 Strength|99 Attack|99 Constitution|99 Defence|99 Magic|138 Combat|99 Summoning|99 Slayer|99 Ranged|99 Firemaking|99 Dungeoneering|99 Cooking|99 Prayer|99 Runecrafting|99 Smithing|99 Fletching|99 Construction|99 Farming|99 Fishing|99 Herblore|99 Crafting|99 Agility
True friends are never separated by distance, for they are forever linked by their hearts.

Join the HYT CLAN![qfc]90-91-310-65710712[/qfc]

Thanks! What would you say is decent slayer gear? I have literally no idea haha.

Also hai Naice :3

Prossy top, veracs bottom, dragon defender, dragon boots, fury, berserkrr ring, fire cape, whip/chaotic rapier, full slayer helm, barrows gloves our Goliath gloves is a good place to start.

Upgrades are bandos chest and tassets, and kiln cape.

If at any point you have the cash + worth in items for piety, turmoil, extremes, or overloads sell the items and buy them (as long as it doesn't break your bank).

Q will be along with her slayer post soon with more info.

witchynosaur.png

Armadyl Drops : 4 Hilts; 3 Chestplates; 2 Chainskirts; 1 Helmet; 1 Buckler; 2 Shard 1; 2 Shard 2; 1 Shard 3

Nex : 1 Zaryte Bow

Kalphite King : 1 Drygore Rapier ; 1 Drygore Longsword : 1 Drygore Offhand Rapier : 1 Drygore Offhand Longsword

Slayer's a pretty pointless skill unless you like it, so idk how that's going to work out for you. It doesn't make money and it's the slowest skill in the game by a long stretch. Some slayer help anyway:

[hide]

The base slayer gear is as follows (alternatives in brackets):

• [For all slayer monsters except those mentioned under other weapons] Chaotic rapier (whip)
  • Bandos body + legs (Verac's skirt with either fighter torso or proselyte top)
  • [Depending on prayer/accuracy needs] Fire cape/Soul Wars cape/Ardougne cloak 3
  • Barrows gloves (your best rfd gloves, at least rune)
  • Steadfast/Dragon boots (rune boots)
  • Amulet of fury (glory)
  • Dragon defender (rune defender)
  • Berserker ring (i)/ferocious ring if slaying in Kuradal's Dungeon (berserker ring, warrior ring)
  • [Most important] Full slayer helmet (Slayer helmet, black mask)
  • [For magic defence on waterfiends/aquanites] Karil's top and elite void skirt (black dragonhide body and chaps)
  • [Crush attacks to use on waterfiends] Chaotic maul (Saradomin sword, Zamorakian spear)
  • [stab attacks for higher-levelled dragons, when not using rapier] Korasi's sword (Zamorakian spear, leaf-bladed sword)
  • Task-specific items such as mirror shields, antifire shields/potions, elemental shields, rock hammers, crystal chimes
  • Cannon (optional, up to personal preference)

Slayer setups generally emphasise strength bonus, which increases the average damage of each succesful hit (slayer monsters usually having rather low defence, hitting is not a problem). Secondly, prayer bonus is important to keep the cost of prayer potions down (as you slay with piety on, to increase the speed of your kills. This is cost-effective and highly recommended). As a rule of thumb, +10 prayer bonus or above is good, but don't overdo it (anything above +20 is a waste). Defence and accuracy bonus are usually not fretted over (any defence bonus over 200 will do; if you get hit too often you should be using a protection prayer). Dagganoth, black demon, black dragon, lesser demon, hellhound, bloodveld and spectre tasks should be cannoned, as it dramatically increases xp rates (although it costs a bit).

Some notes on gear: You'll want a fury and a berserker ring before you get bandos plate, and get that before tassets. You'll want accuracy bonus on higher-levelled dragons; if using stab attacks (which you should) you can use the Ardougne cloak 3 which provides you with +6 stab and +6 prayer bonus. Torso + sw cape and fire cape + proselyte are common cheap top/cape combinations; the former is better.

Some levels to get for slayer (in approximate order but I'm not sure on the summoning):

• 70 prayer and King's Ransom - piety
  • 68 summoning - bunyip
  • 81 dungeoneering (you need 2 million xp, which takes you to level 80, but allowing some tokens for the scroll of life) - rapier
  • 89 herblore (85 with a +4 stew boost) - extreme potions, superantifires
  • 95 prayer - turmoil and soul split
  • 88 summoning - unicorn
  • 96 herblore (91 with a +5 stew boost) - overload
  • 99 summoning - steel titan

I'm sure I missed something but this is most of it.

[/hide]

Personally I would work on farming, summoning, Manage Thy Kingdom and piety (70 prayer & King's Ransom iirc). Dungeoneering to level 80-85 will be great too if you can use a chaotic rapier.

Remember that in P2P, you can use potions and prayers in combat all the time. It's crucial to getting a decent kill speed. Stock up on super sets and pray pots, you'll immediately notice a huge difference compared to F2P.

Supporter of Zaros | Quest Cape owner since 22 may 2010 | No skills below 99 | Total level 2595 | Completionist Cape owner since 17th June 2013 | Suggestions

99 summoning (18th June 2011, previously untrimmed) | 99 farming (14th July 2011) | 99 prayer (8th September 2011) | 99 constitution (10th September 2011) | 99 dungeoneering (15th November 2011)

99 ranged (28th November 2011) | 99 attack, 99 defence, 99 strength (11th December 2011) | 99 slayer (18th December 2011) | 99 magic (22nd December 2011) | 99 construction (16th March 2012)

99 herblore (22nd March 2012) | 99 firemaking (26th March 2012) | 99 cooking (2nd July 2012) | 99 runecrafting (12th March 2012) | 99 crafting (26th August 2012) | 99 agility (19th November 2012)

99 woodcutting (22nd November 2012) | 99 fletching (31st December 2012) | 99 thieving (3rd January 2013) | 99 hunter (11th January 2013) | 99 mining (21st January 2013) | 99 fishing (21st January 2013)

99 smithing (21st January 2013) | 120 dungeoneering (17th June 2013) | 99 divination (24th November 2013)

Tormented demon drops: twenty effigies, nine pairs of claws, two dragon armour slices and one elite clue | Dagannoth king drops: two dragon hatchets, two elite clues, one archer ring and one warrior ring

Glacor drops: four pairs of ragefire boots, one pair of steadfast boots, six effigies, two hundred lots of Armadyl shards, three elite clues | Nex split: Torva boots | Kalphite King split: off-hand drygore mace

30/30 Shattered Heart statues completed | 16/16 Court Cases completed | 25/25 Choc Chimp Ices delivered | 500/500 Vyrewatch burned | 584/584 tasks completed | 4000/4000 chompies hunted

Wow, that's a lot of info haha. Will refer to that post the minute I start slaying. Thank you so much, that's ridiculously helpful!

Moving away from slayer because I think Quyneax has covered just about everything lol, what else should I consider doing? MTK and Piety are great suggestions, and more obvious stuff like lodestones, wicked hood, how to spend loyalty points, dailys etc would be appreciated because I tend to forget simple things like that >_<

Iron_0utkast.png

Maxed 15/06/13

Farming herbs is a pretty good moneymaker. Getting hunter and herblore up so you can take advantage of juju farming potions, plus some dungeoneering so you can buy the scroll of life will help very much.

And sign up for that loyalty program when you get mems. Dat Jack of Trades aura :)

Requiescat in pace, Shiva "Anarith" Kumar.
dea6a17b9c.png
351 Quest Points|99 Strength|99 Attack|99 Constitution|99 Defence|99 Magic|138 Combat|99 Summoning|99 Slayer|99 Ranged|99 Firemaking|99 Dungeoneering|99 Cooking|99 Prayer|99 Runecrafting|99 Smithing|99 Fletching|99 Construction|99 Farming|99 Fishing|99 Herblore|99 Crafting|99 Agility
True friends are never separated by distance, for they are forever linked by their hearts.

Join the HYT CLAN![qfc]90-91-310-65710712[/qfc]

Wow, that's a lot of info haha. Will refer to that post the minute I start slaying. Thank you so much, that's ridiculously helpful!

Moving away from slayer because I think Quyneax has covered just about everything lol, what else should I consider doing? MTK and Piety are great suggestions, and more obvious stuff like lodestones, wicked hood, how to spend loyalty points, dailys etc would be appreciated because I tend to forget simple things like that >_<

Money making 101

Herb Runs

Without farming juju's or a scroll of life snapdragons are your best profit at around 23 k profit per patch, followed by toadflax at 20 k per patch. Once you get farming juju's and a scroll of life (and the greenfingers aura as high a tier as you can) those profits jump to 50 k per patch for snaps, 27 k per patch for toadflax. All in all you can realistically get in 4 herb runs a day minimum meaning 460-1000 k profit with snaps OR 400-540 k profit with toadflax. For a total of ~20 min worth of work.

profit/hour = 1.38 - 3 mil with snaps or 1.2 - 1.6 with toadflax (without and with farming juju/Scroll of Life respectively)

MTK

Take a look at grimy's daily profit spreadsheet for which resources to collect on the day you collect. His sheets can be found here. You'll want 1.35 mil in the coffers and 100% favour. Every 7 days go collect whatever is the highest %profit margin, redeposit the cash your citizens have taken and get your favour back up to 100% (teaks are the fastest way to do so I think?) At ~ 290% profit per gp your citizens take you're looking at 1.47 mil for the 525 k you invested (depending on luck with seeds in your maple nests).

profit/hour = 945000 profit for ~5 min of work -> 11.34 mil/hr

Dailies

Again, check grimy's sheet above for which dailies are worth doing. Personally I do battlestaffs in varrock, unf broad arrow and bolt tips from my slayer master, sand from bert on my way to buying the death runes from the mages guild, and seaweed from catherby. After that I use my wicked hood teleports to craft about 240 death runes (90 k) which for you will be less crafting (laws?) but still probably worth doing. Grimy's sheets have a profit per hour column for all of these activities except wicked hood so look there for that.

Do all of those activities while dungeoneering for a rapier and then frost dragons. Frost dragons at your stats will be around 1-2 mil per hour as well and much less frustrating than green dragons. Once you hit 74 farming you can start farming morchelli mushrooms for another 45 k profit every 4 hours for ~2 min of work or 1.35 mil per hour.

Daily/money making advice.

witchynosaur.png

Armadyl Drops : 4 Hilts; 3 Chestplates; 2 Chainskirts; 1 Helmet; 1 Buckler; 2 Shard 1; 2 Shard 2; 1 Shard 3

Nex : 1 Zaryte Bow

Kalphite King : 1 Drygore Rapier ; 1 Drygore Longsword : 1 Drygore Offhand Rapier : 1 Drygore Offhand Longsword

Go to your quest list and hit "Filter". That'll display all the quests you can currently complete. Then go down the list and start doing as many quests as possible.

Quests give you access to all sorts of rewards that help develop your character, and the xp bonuses they provide make questing one of the most efficient training methods in the game for many skills. The sooner you finish a quest, the more you'll benefit from it, so check off as many as you can, as soon as you can.

Go to your quest list and hit "Filter". That'll display all the quests you can currently complete. Then go down the list and start doing as many quests as possible.

Quests give you access to all sorts of rewards that help develop your character, and the xp bonuses they provide make questing one of the most efficient training methods in the game for many skills. The sooner you finish a quest, the more you'll benefit from it, so check off as many as you can, as soon as you can.

This, really. The xp boosts are better to be used on your levels while they are still low since the xp rewards save more time if used now.

Working on max and completionist capes.

2435/2475