I have some questions about extreme potions.

I will say right away that I really love the herblore skill, it's one of my favorite skills of the game.

I'm not anywhere near being able to make extreme potions, not even close. So I wouldn't be able to test it out myself to figure out. Alright, here are my questions:

• Does extreme strength give more strength bonus than the dragon battleaxe special?
  • Does making those potions require any quest besides that small quest that unlcoks the herblore skill?

Now keep in mind that I never use potions when fighting monsters. I don't use super strength, super defense or super attack, as it's not necessary as I can beat the monsters just fine without them. Besides, I don't need super strength as my dragon battleaxe works just fine.

But I do use prayer, antifire and super antipoison a lot as I need them.

at 99 strength you get the following stats:

Super Strength: 118

Dragon Battleaxe: 118

Extreme Strength: 125

Note that the battleaxe reduces defense and attack, so you are better off using supers. :)

Extremes cost a fair amount to get, but give a huge dps boost. :P

yqe0mrU.jpg

^^My blog of EoC PvM, lols and Therapy.^^

My livestream- Currently: Offline :(

Offical Harpy Therapist of the Mad

[hide=Lewtations]

Barrows drops: Dharok's helm x2, Guthan's helm, Ahrim's top, Hood and skirt, Torag's hammers, Karils skirt, Karil's top, Torag's helm, Verac's skirt, Verac's Flail, Dharok's Platebody.

Dag kings drops: Lost count! :wall:

4k+ Glacors, 7 Ragefires, 4 Steadfasts, 4 Glaivens, 400+ shards![/hide]

Losing out on ~5 attack levels when you could be gaining about 12 for the cost of a couple of inventorie spaces is a bit of a waste, and your special attacks could be used on dragon dagger specials, improving your DPS.

yqe0mrU.jpg

^^My blog of EoC PvM, lols and Therapy.^^

My livestream- Currently: Offline :(

Offical Harpy Therapist of the Mad

[hide=Lewtations]

Barrows drops: Dharok's helm x2, Guthan's helm, Ahrim's top, Hood and skirt, Torag's hammers, Karils skirt, Karil's top, Torag's helm, Verac's skirt, Verac's Flail, Dharok's Platebody.

Dag kings drops: Lost count! :wall:

4k+ Glacors, 7 Ragefires, 4 Steadfasts, 4 Glaivens, 400+ shards![/hide]

Well, I don't need any potion at all to fight monsters. (besides prayer, antifire and super antipoison) I can kill most monsters easily without them.

When I make super strength, super defense and super attack potions I usually just sell them on the grand exchange.

Some of you might be asking if I don't need stats boosting potions, why did I ask questions about the extreme potions? Because I'm curious to know if the extreme strength potion gives a better bonus than the dragon battleaxe special.

Well according to the Wiki Extreme Strength gives a 5+(22% of str level) rounded down bonusm, while a DBAxe gives a 20% of level increase, so if we take into account your 93 str you would get:

Extreme Strength: 93*.22=20.46 rounded down to 20+5= 25 levels

Dragon Battleaxe:93*.20=18.6 so either an 18 or 19 bonus (not sure if it is rounded down or up)

So yes the extreme strength potion would give you a better bonus and without drawbacks in other combat skills.

Dusk%20Soul.png

Well, I don't need any potion at all to fight monsters. (besides prayer, antifire and super antipoison) I can kill most monsters easily without them.

When I make super strength, super defense and super attack potions I usually just sell them on the grand exchange.

Some of you might be asking if I don't need stats boosting potions, why did I ask questions about the extreme potions? Because I'm curious to know if the extreme strength potion gives a better bonus than the dragon battleaxe special.

You might not need to use any potions but using will let you kill them even easier and a lot faster. Supers cost barely anything and will greatly speed up your kills. There is absolutely no reason not to use them. Extremes should be used on tougher monsters while supers should be used for training and monsters with low def.

Assassin1357.png

You could kill any monster in the game without potions.

But potions let you kill them faster.

And faster kills means more gp, xp, or whatever you're looking for.

And they're practically free to use.

Note that the battleaxe reduces defense and attack, so you are better off using supers. :)

You're right, it does. But I'm at a higher defense and attack level than 90, so losing a little bit of those statuses isn't a big issue.

Just a quick tip, you can use a dose of a super cheap [item=1633] afters using the Dragon battleaxe special to return your attack and defense back to normal. They literally cost like 62 gp and are a very low level potion if you want to make them yourself.