Can't alch in duel arena anymore -.-

Peronix

I would like to thank JaGeX for ruining all of those other training methods for mages first of all, that was REALLY kind of you :roll:. But now you've taken things WAY too far. Today I went to my favorite spot to alch, the al karid duel arena. I leaned over the wall, and guess what. My freakin mage pannel disappeared. Oh god, what was their reasoning in doing that?! Then some guy proposes to alch with me inside the arena, so we go in. I try to alch a yew long, and guess what. Some obnoxious crowd member yells at me to kill my opponent. This happens every tiem you try to use alchemy in the duel arena. OKAY, I can understand why they took it out of castlewars. Many people were sitting in the respawn rooms leeching tickets for doing absolutly nothing. But just tell me how THIS presented ANY kind of a problem.

Again, I would like to thank JaGeX for going in and destroying every possible quick training method, and now a method to make one of the more boring methods less boring. No more watching fights up close or having a birds eye view of them for that matter while alching anymore :roll:

• Replies 62
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

oh boo hoo you cant get in duelers way when theyre trying to get the first hit or switch weapons now...a much needed update in my opinion

I have no idea what you just said. Many people like to team up with another alcher in the arena so they can watch fights. No problem was presented by this, and Jagex swoops in and takes it out. Just how was it much needed? :roll:

oh boo hoo you cant get in duelers way when theyre trying to get the first hit or switch weapons now...a much needed update in my opinion

you obviously didn't read a dam thing- and yes you have qualifyed for the idiot award

i for one am sorry to see this go... alching is quite boreing and watching the fights was a way to pass the time

jfkmk3.jpg

New sigzor^^

you obviously didn't read a dam thing- and yes you have qualifyed for the idiot award

i for one am sorry to see this go... alching is quite boreing and watching the fights was a way to pass the time

Yep, that was the entire point of my post.

But I can't say I was too mad at the time, because I got the 2.5k Yew longs I had for free. Some guy who was apparantly autoing to gain mage levels was killed by the Rick random and I swooped in and took the yew longs. Phree 1.5 mil :D Some other guy got a whip though :?

ok so people crowd the duel arena making it next to impossible to see who your fighting at times? you shouldnt be alching in there it was made for fighting. ive lost many times because alchers block my view, the other person can hit first then switching weapons is easier to re attack. alching in the duel arena gets in the way and lags server 2 more than it already is

I noticed this around a week ago. However, I chose to stay quiet.

Ahh, I thought I'd let everyone know since I didn't see any threads about it. And of course vent a little :x

BTW, any other good alching spots that make the task less boring?

ok so people crowd the duel arena making it next to impossible to see who your fighting at times? you shouldnt be alching in there it was made for fighting. ive lost many times because alchers block my view, the other person can hit first then switching weapons is easier to re attack. alching in the duel arena gets in the way and lags server 2 more than it already is

are you a member?? cause ill be damned if you haven't ever done what he is talking about!!!

HE ISN"T IN THE DUEL ARENA!!! NOT IN THE DUEL ARENA SEE!? NOT IN IT!!

he is on the wall where there is a LEAN ON WALL OPTION!!! then the whole view (well most of it) of the duel arena comes on and you can see the fights... HE ISN"T IN THE DUEL ARENA!! jeeze! :roll:

jfkmk3.jpg

New sigzor^^

Uhh well theres one main problem with alching in the duel arena and i think i know the reason that they prevented people from alching inside3 the duel arena. In the duel arena there are no random events, and even if a random event does happen, you die, and you loose non of your stuff. So potentially 2 autoers could go into the arena and alch all they want without ever worrying about being killed...

That.... i believe... is why they changed it...

are you a member?? cause ill be damned if you haven't ever done what he is talking about!!!

he is on the wall where there is a LEAN ON WALL OPTION!!! then the whole view (well most of it) of the duel arena comes on and you can see the fights... HE ISN"T IN THE DUEL ARENA!! jeeze! :roll:

Err, that was a little dumb. And I did say that it has been taken out for BOTH inside and on the wall of the arena. I might be wrong about the inside of the arena, it might cause some minor problems, but I just can't see why they removed the mage pannel while leaning. I am REALLY mad about that one.

Read the post please?

Then some guy proposes to alch with me inside the arena, so we go in. I try to alch a yew long, and guess what. Some obnoxious crowd member yells at me to kill my opponent. This happens every tiem you try to use alchemy in the duel arena.

Not sure if anyones posted this yet, but the way you could lean on wall, and alch at same time was a bug, and thats the reason Jagex took it out.. Just lettin ya know ;)

hhhsig.jpg

maxed out melee back in 06, when it was still considered an accomplishment. same with getting 85 slayer, was in the top 2k players to get it.

R.I.P Runescape.. Feb 2, 02 - Jan 2, 08

Farm while you alch, makes farming less boring.....

Way to totally not contribute to the conversation and say some random comment about alching... :roll:

As a matter of fact, I did ask a question about some other methods of alching in one of my posts. However, it probally would have been wise to add to the thread instead of just answering the question, too.

In response to the answer to my question; It wouldn't make it any less boring. Both things, farming and alching, are boring and putting the two of them together makes your time more profitable, not less dull.

Farm while you alch, makes farming less boring.....

Way to totally not contribute to the conversation and say some random comment about alching... :roll:

As a matter of fact, I did ask a question about some other methods of alching in one of my posts. However, it probally would have been wise to add to the thread instead of just answering the question, too.

In response to the answer to my question; It wouldn't make it any less boring. Both things, farming and alching, are boring and putting the two of them together makes your time more profitable, not less dull.

Well if you took time to look at your own thread, you would see that i did infact add a piece of information to your thread on the first page :?

I would like to thank JaGeX for ruining all of those other training methods for mages first of all, that was REALLY kind of you :roll:. But now you've taken things WAY too far. Today I went to my favorite spot to alch, the al karid duel arena. I leaned over the wall, and guess what. My freakin mage pannel disappeared. Oh god, what was their reasoning in doing that?! Then some guy proposes to alch with me inside the arena, so we go in. I try to alch a yew long, and guess what. Some obnoxious crowd member yells at me to kill my opponent. This happens every tiem you try to use alchemy in the duel arena. OKAY, I can understand why they took it out of castlewars. Many people were sitting in the respawn rooms leeching tickets for doing absolutly nothing. But just tell me how THIS presented ANY kind of a problem.

Again, I would like to thank JaGeX for going in and destroying every possible quick training method, and now a method to make one of the more boring methods less boring. No more watching fights up close or having a birds eye view of them for that matter while alching anymore :roll:

People autoed there because no randoms.

Urza. The One. The Legend.

96703366.thumb3.jpeg

People autoed there because no randoms.

Okay, at least two people have said that. But why the ledge though? Can't a guy get a birds eye view of the arena while alching? :?

the whole leaning thing whatever do it actually i support that being re-added to the game.

and to answer your question yes i am a member and have been since it was introduced years ago, and no i have never alched in or near the duel arena for any lengthened period