SwiftKit Suggestions

Stidor

I suggest you make a whole new client for RS07. Call it Swift"Switch" like it used to be and have these image's, The exact way ot used to be. Would be very nostalgic, what do you think?

pics of Swift Switch: 180px-SSprofileselect.PNG200px-SS_RS_select.PNG

swiftswitch-93701-4.jpeg

MrBrightS1de.png

I suggest you make a whole new client for RS07. Call it Swift"Switch" like it used to be and have these image's, The exact way ot used to be. Would be very nostalgic, what do you think?

pics of Swift Switch: 180px-SSprofileselect.PNG200px-SS_RS_select.PNG

swiftswitch-93701-4.jpeg

A whole new client would take a lot of time, SwiftKit will bring more 07 support in future updates.

While I get the whole nostalgic thing, I my self have run Old School RS inside SwiftSwitch but to be frank compare to SwiftKit it's crap.

And we are still bound by the Thridparty Rules that sate:

It must not bypass the normal navigation of our website for users wishing to reach the game worlds. The software should initially only point at the front page of our websites, and should require the user to navigate through the website normally to reach the game worlds. The software must not contain or acquire direct links to the game applet.

It must not attempt to make it easier to enter a busy game world than it would be for users not using the software. It must not contain any features to make it easier to enter or monitor busy worlds.

So we cant bring back world switching. Having the options inside Swiftkit In my opinion are better then bring back or spending all the time on recreating SS.

simmo200.png

We are working on this and and a lot more to do with old school rs, just heng tight we are attempting to solve a fairly major issue with jagex once this is solved every thing else should fall in place relatively quickly.

simmo200.png

Personally I think SwiftKit needs tabbed windows..

So when you open a Quick Link, it will open tabbed in the same frame as your current Runescape session, perhaps having a hot-key to snap back to the Runescape window?

For those who prefer the pop-out windows, tabbing should merely be an option.

with the integration of old school options, would it be possible for the quest centre to filter out all quests not applicable to old school?

this would preferrably also include searching the "rewards" section. sometimes it gets a bit hazy and some quests seem newer or older than you remember etc. I don't know exactly how this would work, as i'm not a real coder (just grap a few basic concepts), but I'd assume it would take a certain amount of manual input linking a true/false or 0/1 to each quest and a check being run searching for true or 1 only when the filter is active. so i can understand that it would still take a little time sorting through them all (if this method is even possible)

with the integration of old school options, would it be possible for the quest centre to filter out all quests not applicable to old school?

this would preferrably also include searching the "rewards" section. sometimes it gets a bit hazy and some quests seem newer or older than you remember etc. I don't know exactly how this would work, as i'm not a real coder (just grap a few basic concepts), but I'd assume it would take a certain amount of manual input linking a true/false or 0/1 to each quest and a check being run searching for true or 1 only when the filter is active. so i can understand that it would still take a little time sorting through them all (if this method is even possible)

We may be looking into this, but no guarantees as some of the quests have been removed, and many existing ones have been given different rewards as to what they were in 07.

Mfgdjyb.png

• 2 weeks later...

Have you guys tried using http://web.archive.org ? I know it works with RuneHQ, I've been using it to pull old quest guides and databases.

Also, I have a suggestion. I think it would be cool to have quest guides show in the internal utilities. I think that beats switching back and forth between windows.

Unfortunately the internet archives are quite slow, and do not give access to any kind of API, which is what we use for our tools.

A Spotify/iTunes plugin would be sweet, too.

Although we have a built in radio/mp3 player, yes this is an interesting idea, and wou.d be doable for Spotify which has a very friendly API, but I am not familiar with any iTunes tools.

I have a suggestions and a bug. Could you make it so your Playlist has a Now Playing: X somewhere? And when I use the Armory none of the items have stats. They also display the wrong type of stats. ex. Stab attack 100 instead the new system.

No idea if this has been suggested, but a world hopper for old school?

This would be awesome, because I'm having to be staking/pking/trading on my browser, which is weird, considering i've been using swiftkit for years.

Thanks