Update 1.0.3.9 - 30-Jul-2012

Stev

Update 1.0.3.9

Today is a fairly small but very handy update.

• Changes

• You can now position the DGSweeper where ever you like! You can chose to snap it to RuneScape or to chose its location! See below for how to use this ability.
    • Several tiny bug fixes. Some people having difficulty with the legend should now be fixed.
    • Changed the way a few functions work. An under the hood change.
    • As requested, if the key utility is hidden, the map will now be click-through. You won't have to worry about the map being in the way because your clicks will be sent through it!

To position the DGSweeper where you want it, right click the tray and select Position > Absolute. Now, if there is no map image captured yet, you can click anywhere on the map window and drag it. If a map has been captured, clicking and dragging the word DGSweeper will move the entire tool.

If you are having troubles with the legend or displaying names on the map, please post here! I can't fix it if you don't tell me! Just because it works on mine does not mean it works for everyone!

• Projects

• Recreate the off-map legend.
    • Add French riddles.
    • Fix the legend not properly capturing for few players.

Enjoy!

09144a99bb.png

I'll just repeat what I said in skype...

OMGYAYOMGYAYOMGYAYOMGYAYOMGYAY

hzvjpwS.gif

How can I be sure that this isn't a virus or a key logger because my anti-virus software that I trust allot says its unsafe and deletes if off my computer as soon as I download it, I just want to be safe.

P.S It looks awesome!!

[Edit] I think I'm just going to trust you on this.

Edited by Pref

Would ofcourse be nice if it became open sourced as to allow anyone to learn if it is safe or not, but that's not something you can really expect..

Other than that: you have to trust tip.it itself for this; by hosting this tip.it shows they know it is safe. Do you trust tip.it? As for why the virus scanner might pop up: well the program does log the screen (and keystrokes). Not to send this data back, but to actually work - it needs to show the map right?

First they came to fishing

and I didn't speak out because I wasn't fishing

Then they came to the yews

and I didn't speak out because I didn't cut yews

Then they came for the ores

and I didn't speak out because I didn't collect ores

Then they came for me

and there was no one left to speak out for me.

This program lost the reputation it had with antiviruses and browsers when we switched hosts to Tip.It. They recognize it as a safe download if the link is from the old host. It'll take time and people downloading for those antiviruses and browsers to see once again that it's safe.

And anyone can view it's source. It's for that reason that I didn't encrypt the EXE. You can open DGSweeper in something like Resource Hacker and view all of the source code in the RCDATA.

Every time we update, I also update the VirusTotal link in the Frequently Asked Questions.

The DGSweeper only monitors for certain hotstrings and hotkeys. These are:

:b0:!pot::
:b0:!rid::
:b0:bco::
:b0:bcr::
:b0:bd::
:b0:bp::
:b0:br::
:b0:bs::
:b0:bt::
:b0:bw::
:b0:cco::
:b0:ccr::
:b0:cd::
:b0:cp::
:b0:cr::
:b0:cs::
:b0:ct::
:b0:cw::
:b0:goco::
:b0:gocr::
:b0:god::
:b0:gop::
:b0:gor::
:b0:gos::
:b0:got::
:b0:gow::
:b0:grco::
:b0:grcr::
:b0:grd::
:b0:grp::
:b0:grr::
:b0:grs::
:b0:grt::
:b0:grw::
:b0:oco::
:b0:ocr::
:b0:od::
:b0:op::
:b0:or::
:b0:os::
:b0:ot::
:b0:ow::
:b0:pco::
:b0:pcr::
:b0:pd::
:b0:pp::
:b0:pr::
:b0:ps::
:b0:pt::
:b0:pw::
:b0:sco::
:b0:scr::
:b0:sd::
:b0:sp::
:b0:sr::
:b0:ss::
:b0:st::
:b0:sw::
:b0:yco::
:b0:ycr::
:b0:yd::
:b0:yp::
:b0:yr::
:b0:ys::
:b0:yt::
:b0:yw::
^down::
^k::
^l::
^m::
^t::
^up::
^r::

The only inputs, the command to listen for keystrokes, you'll find in the handlers for the !pot and !rid hotstrings. They only listen for 10 seconds (!pot) and 15 seconds (!rid) after the hotstring handlers are launched.

Rest assured, it's safe. :).

09144a99bb.png

I have a suggestion what if you where to start a friends chat or something along those lines, that is for dungeoneering like D Squires or Dung Mates and advertised the friends chat on the forums and everyone who dungs in the chat uses DGSweeper that way we can use the party feature you have built into it because its harder to dung when you are the only person in the parting using it because you aren't always there to see what key that door needs. It would also get the word out about this amazing tool!

Just a suggestion I don't know if it's any good.

It would also get the word out about this amazing tool!

There's over 100,000 downloads in total of the DGSweeper, if you go to any random world at daemonheim and ask about dgsweeper you'll likely get a response. I don't think it needs any help "getting the word out" when the word has already been out for many, many months before this.

C1Geq.png

A very good point, Andy. Although it'd be great to have a place where all non-DGSers (Randoms) could go to start floors with each other, no?

Also, just finished adding !dgc. From 1.0.4.0 on, you'll be able to connect to a key by simply typing !dgc.a1b2c3d4. (Just an example).

:).

09144a99bb.png