Two Questions

Auror

1) A Hypothetical scenario:

A friend of mine bots money, and gives the money to me. I know that he botted the money. Will my account be in danger (perm ban danger etc)?

2) I had 2x 3 month memb cards. I already used one, it will end in the middle of September. In order to get the free 700k xp in the end of September, I need to be a member the whole time. Can I redeem my other card while being a memb, so that the other 3 months of membership just adds to my recent memb?

TY in advance

~ Don Auror

1) Your knowledge that he bots is irrelevant. If Jagex knows, then yes, action could possibly be taken towards your account for RWT.

2) Yes, you can redeem it whenever, and it will add on to your previous amount.

Why would it be considered as RWT?

What if this hypothetical player is in fact a real life friend, who in fact is not a gold farmer.

And I want to make this sure, I don't want to risk my account, that's why this scenario is in fact hypothetical.

What if this hypothetical player is in fact a real life friend

Jagex has no way of knowing that, and even if he is your real life friend you could have still given him some money, or bought him ice cream, or any other kind of exchange for the gold. What Lord Paul says is right, and if your friend is flagged as a goldfarmer, Jagex could take action against your account.

Edit: Did not read the part about him not being a goldfarmer. People give gifts all the time, so I don't see it being a problem. Unless he's unloading his whole bank to you or is flagged as a gold farmer for whatever odd reason on Jagex's end, I wouldn't anticipate any issues.

Cowards can't block Warriors.

What's with all the nonsense about hypotheticals? It was clear from the OP that you weren't really interested in a hypothetical situation. :razz:

If he bots, Jagex might have him flagged. That's all. Will you get caught pirating videos? Not likely, but the chance - however slim - is still there.

Working on max and completionist capes.

2435/2475

You won't get banned for taking money off a friend who bots. In my time as a host a significant amount of money I've taken will have been botted, and I've received a whole 0 amount of care from Jagex. If that's all it is of course. If you are actually rwt'ing, the gold sellers are not likely to give away money, (or have an ip from the same continent as you...) making it highly unlikely the money is just a gift.

Asmodean <3