Gear for killing Ganos?

Farm3r

Heya, I'm sort of closing in on the Slayer level for Ganos.

I was just wondering what a decent-ish gear should look like and how the inventory is set up.

I do have a budget though, I'd liek to keep it under 10 if thats possible.

I do already have fury, and full ganos as well as the polypore staff if this is included in the actual gear at all.

I'm guessing you mean 10m?

Ganos don't have that much magic defence so you can afford to focus on cheap gear (not much degrade cost, bit of prayer bonus) like Ahrim's with Akrisae's hood.

Inventory wise, just bring overloads and prayer potions to last however long you prefer, more than 2 hours is a bit of a stretch though (flasks probably barely worth it, if at all).

Use a wolpertinger instead of overloads if you can.

SoA is better if you want mage/slayer xp, otherwise I'm not 100% sure the cost is worth it.

Supporter of Zaros | Quest Cape owner since 22 may 2010 | No skills below 99 | Total level 2595 | Completionist Cape owner since 17th June 2013 | Suggestions

99 summoning (18th June 2011, previously untrimmed) | 99 farming (14th July 2011) | 99 prayer (8th September 2011) | 99 constitution (10th September 2011) | 99 dungeoneering (15th November 2011)

99 ranged (28th November 2011) | 99 attack, 99 defence, 99 strength (11th December 2011) | 99 slayer (18th December 2011) | 99 magic (22nd December 2011) | 99 construction (16th March 2012)

99 herblore (22nd March 2012) | 99 firemaking (26th March 2012) | 99 cooking (2nd July 2012) | 99 runecrafting (12th March 2012) | 99 crafting (26th August 2012) | 99 agility (19th November 2012)

99 woodcutting (22nd November 2012) | 99 fletching (31st December 2012) | 99 thieving (3rd January 2013) | 99 hunter (11th January 2013) | 99 mining (21st January 2013) | 99 fishing (21st January 2013)

99 smithing (21st January 2013) | 120 dungeoneering (17th June 2013) | 99 divination (24th November 2013)

Tormented demon drops: twenty effigies, nine pairs of claws, two dragon armour slices and one elite clue | Dagannoth king drops: two dragon hatchets, two elite clues, one archer ring and one warrior ring

Glacor drops: four pairs of ragefire boots, one pair of steadfast boots, six effigies, two hundred lots of Armadyl shards, three elite clues | Nex split: Torva boots | Kalphite King split: off-hand drygore mace

30/30 Shattered Heart statues completed | 16/16 Court Cases completed | 25/25 Choc Chimp Ices delivered | 500/500 Vyrewatch burned | 584/584 tasks completed | 4000/4000 chompies hunted

On a bit of a derail but still on topic, are Ganos worth doing anymore? Last I did them they were around 2m/h with plenty of effigies. Assume Ahrims/99 magic/ovls/cannon

KOCairna.png

Kocairna.png

Kocairna.png

Kocairna.png

Kocairna.png

My setup:

Black mystic (cheapskating this), arcane stream necklace, sw cape and zammy godbook (to make ppots last) and polypore staff.

Along with that I take enough fire runes for a polypore staff recharge, pores I get as I kill them. Tend to take 15-ish prayer flasks, leave some inv spots open for loot/maybe a few emergency food.

I mage protect them all the time, and you can find safespots which put you out of the range of their fungal attack. Lure, mage to death, loot and repeat. Pretty straight forward, low cost, good profit, and what I like best: low apm. Once you are sure it's lured close enough, you can just sit back and watch till it dies.

EDIT: I don't even bother with mage pots / extreme magic / wolper / ovl.. Polypore hits up to 402 (maybe more) with the setup I mentioned. On task, with slay helm, will be even better. Id rather save my inv spots for loot/prayer flasks.

Vmser.png

I use Ahrim's top/bottom/hood, Polypore staff, god cape, arcane stream, unholy book, infinity boots, and recipe for disaster gloves.

As for inventory, in your inventory you can use Vecna instead if you prefer, about 6-8 prayer potions, and whatever else you think you might need. If you aren't using a Wolp/Yak, I'd just say to not use a summon.