Jen's NON-MAXED kiln guide

rilo kiley

<3:<3<3 Jenny’s Guide to the Fight kiln <3<3 <3:

**PLEASE READ FIRST**, ESPECIALLY BEFORE COMMENTING, THE GUIDE IS NOT AIMED AT MAXED PLAYERS, OR ZERKERS, MOST GUIDES I FOUND ARE, SO I DECIDED TO SHARE HOW I DID IT THE 3 TIMES I COMPLETED IT.

This is how I completed the fight kiln 3 times. If you dislike something about my Guide then make your own, i worked for 7 hours on this guide for people who need it, not to argue.

I re-vamped my guide and reposted FOR THOSE WHO NEED IT.

SET-UPS ARE SUBJECT TO DEBATE, I LIST WHAT I PREFER IN ORDER, BUT INCLUDE OTHER CHOICES TO WHAT OTHER PEOPLE PREFER.

------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

[Contents] -

0.1 – Recommended Levels, Requirements, and Prerequisites

1.0- Gear/Setup/Inventory

1.1- Gear

1.2- Inventory

1.3- Inventory Notes

2.0- Crystals

3.0- Wave Guides

3.1- Combat Triangle

3.2- Monsters

3.3- “Flinching”

3.4- The Waves

------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

- 0.1 - Recommended Levels, Requirements, and Prerequisites that help.

-Completion of the Elder Kiln Quest is required.

-At Least One Fire Cape to Sacrifice for the Fee to Enter the Fight Kiln.

-85+ Attack, Strength, Defence and Hitpoints.

-92+ Magic if Blood Barraging, or 85+ Magic if only using Polypore.

-80+ Ranged.

-67+ Summoning for War Tortoise.

-70+ Prayer, 92+ for soul-split helps if using curses, but not necessary.

-94+ Herblore for Overloads helps a lot, but not necessary.

-Completion of the Seer’s Village Elite Tasks Diary for Enhanced Excalibur helps.

-Access to Dreadnips is a big help also.

-Completion of Ritual of the Mahjarrat Quest Helps for the Use of the Storm of Armadyl Spell Helps, but isn’t Necessary.

-Knowledge of the Fight Caves and Prayer Switching for Jad’s Attacks is of the Utmost Importance.

-Higher Dungeoneering is a plus, 70+ for Arcane Stream Necklace and 80+ for access to Chaotic Weaponry.

1- Gear/Setup/Inventory

1.1- Gear

1.2- Inventory

1.3- Inventory Notes

-1.1- GEAR

-[Underlined Items I Personally Tried/Used On My 2 Completions]

Helmet -

Torva Full helm or Neitizot (subject to debate like everything else)

(The HP boost and Defense Stats of Torva Helm make the negative Range and Magic attack stats seem paltry)

Amulet-

Arcane Stream Necklace AND - Amulet of Fury > Amulet of Glory

(Arcane Stream necklace isn't mandatory, but it does help because you will be maging Jad and har-aken)

Body-

Melee-

Torva Platebody > Bandos Chestplate > Torag’s Platebody

Ranged-

Pernix Robe Top > Armadyl Chestplate > Royal D'hide Top

Magic-

Virtus Robe bottom > Ganodermic Leggings > Ahrim’s Robe bottom

Legs-

Melee-

Torva Platelegs > Bandos Tassets > Verac’s Plateskirt

Magic-

Virtus Robe bottom > Ganodermic Leggings > Ahrim’s Robe bottom

(I personally did not have a ranged leg switch, but you it would follow with the ranged top order, when I ranged the Zek’s I would wear the Gano legs, otherwise Verac’s for the prayer bonus.)

Boots-

Subjugation Boots > Ragefire boots > Infinity boots > Steadfast boots > Dragon boots

Capes-

Fire Cape > Ardnouge Cloak ¾ > Soul Wars Cape > Skillcape (t)

(Because the is not intended at maxed players, or people who have completed the fight kiln, the capes shown are the likely candidates.)

Shield-

Divine Spirit Shield OR Elysian Spirit Shield > Arcane Spirit Shield > Farseer Kiteshield/Chaotic Kiteshield

Gloves-

Goliath Gloves > Best Culinaromancer Gloves > Regen Brace

Ring-

Tokkul-Zo (Full Charges)

Weapons-

Melee-

Chaotic Rapier > Chaotic Longsword > Abyssal Vine Whip > Abyssal Whip

Magic-

Armadyl Battlestaff (when using Storm of Armadyl) > Polypore Staff

Ranged-

Chaotic Crossbow OR Zaryte Bow > Armadyl Crossbow OR Rune Crossbow OR Karil's Crossbow

(subject to debate, like many other things, i personally prefer a one handed ranged weapon, some other people prefer it)

**Crossbows show use Broad Tipped Bolts at the very least, or bolt rack for karils**

Auras-

Vampyrism > Penance = Greater Reverence > Reverence > Equilibrium

-1.2- INVENTORY-

Needed – Rune/Dragon Pickaxe, Your Switches.

I brought: (1 inv spot open for Inv. Crystal ON WAVE 1-2 SPAWN)

-Runes for 500 Blood Barrage Casts (explained Later on) [500 soul, 2k death, 2k blood]

-5 Super Prayer Flasks

-1 Prayer Renewal Flask

-Enhanced Excalibur (Elite) [Can be swapped for a Saradomin Godsword]

-3 overload Flasks (not recommended without Enhanced Excalibur)

-2 extra tort pouches

-18 Saradomin Brew Flasks

-6 Super Restore Flasks

-If you have some of the items and not the other replace with more brews/restores.

-1.3- NOTES ON INVENTORY OPTIONS

- If you have 88+ Summoning swap 1 brew/1 restore for a unicorn pouch and scrolls, and summon it when your tort runs out/empty.

- If you have dreadnips then replace a brew, they work especially well on the Zeks and Har-aken.

- I personally found that an Elemental Titan with Healing Scrolls to be rather ineffective after tortoise is dismissed, 2 tortoise pouches should last until Har-Aken, and the 2 spaces used to store it I found to be better used with 2 more brew flasks.

-If you do not have the magic level for Blood Barrage, then replace the Soul runes, Death runes and Blood runes with 2 Saradomin brew flasks and 1 Super Restore Flask. If you have a Greater Runic Staff from runespan you can store Blood Barrage casts in the staff to save space.

**You can mix and match between these Inventory suggestions.**

2- Crystals –

[Color Coded]

Crystals are very useful for completing the fight kiln, and I recommend taking the ones that I did. When they should be used will be explained later on.

-Invulnerability Crystal – Makes you invulnerable to damage for 30 seconds, does not apply to the Dill’s Slam attack, or attacks that were launched before you activated the crystal.

-Restoration Crystal – Instantly restores lifepoints, prayer points, summoning points, and all stats o the maximum.

- Magic Crystal – “Increases your Magic level by 50% but reduces your Defence, Strength and Ranged levels by 50%. These stat changes reoccur regularly to maintain your boosted/decreased stats at their level. This effect lasts for 3.5 minutes.” – from tip.it kiln guide.

Spawns In Order To Be Gathered – (listed by the waves it spawns between)

Invulnerability- 1-2

Restoration- 3-4

Magic Crystal- 5-6

Invulnerability- 13-14

Restoration- 15-16

Magic Crystal- 17-18

Invulnerability- 25-26

Restoration- 27-28

Magic Crystal- 35-36 [because this spawns in a dangerous location during the double Jad wave, this one is not recommended to take, so make sure you get the other 2 for Har-Aken]

OTHER CRYSTALS I DIDN'T USE, AND DON'T RECOMMEND FOR MY METHODS

Constitution - "Increases your Constitution level by 50%. This stat change reoccurs regularly to maintain your boosted stat at its level. This effect lasts for 3.5 minutes." - From tip.it section on Fight Kiln

Ranged - Like the others, it boosts your ranged by 50% and lowers your Magic, Attack, Strength and Defence Levels By 50%.

Strength - Boosts your Strength by 50%, but lowers your defence, Magic and Ranged levels by 50%.

3- Wave Guides-

3.1- Combat Triangle

3.2- Monsters

3.3- “Flinching”

3.4- The Waves

[*Note*] - I made these pictures in MS paint, and although crude they work, all are face north-standard]

-3.1-Combat Triangle- During the entirety of the fight kiln, use the combat triangle, meaning use mage attacks on meleers, range attack on magers, and melee attacks on rangers. If you do not use the combat triangle then your damage will be halved. The only exceptions are noted below in the monsters section.

-3.2-Monsters –

Tok-Xil- Level 200 Range, kill with melee.

Xil- Level 140 Range, kill with melee.

Mej- Level 160 Mage, kill with range.

Zek- Level 400 Mage, kill with range.

Mejkot- Level 300 Melee, kill with mage.

Hur- Level 80 Melee, kill with mage.

Ket- Level 180 Melee, kill with mage.

Dill- Level 120 Attacks with melee and special slam attack, DO NOT PROTECT MELEE if you do the slam attack occurs more often, crack its shell with a pickaxe and then finish with mage.

Jad- Level 780 mixed attacks, kill with mage.

Har-Aken (head)- The head does NOT attack, it will surface every 30 seconds from its’ plunge into the lava, only spawns South, East and West, Attack with Mage.

Har-Aken (Magic Tentacle)- kill it with range, don’t get into melee range of it, and if you are using storm of Armadyl then you can also kill with magic, or blood barrage when using magic crystal.

Har-Aken (Ranged Tentacle)- can be killed fast with melee, but you run the risk of being hit by melee which can hit quite hard, and if you are using storm of Armadyl then you can also kill with magic, or blood barrage when using magic crystal.

-3.3-**Flinching**- The term flinching is used for killing the dills in my guide. To “flinch” means to use the safe-line or the kiln rock as a barrier, and attacking the dill with a pickaxe to break his shell, when you attack it the green HP bar will appear above it, and if you attack it again while the HP bar is still there you will get hit back, but if you wait until the HP bar fades away, attack it again and click back behind the barrier IMMEDIATELY you will not be attacked or hit for any damage. If done correctly you will not take ANY damage on the dills. This method can also be used for Jads where the safe-spot is the Kiln-Rock.

-3.4-STARTING OUT-

Before entering the Kiln, I recommend doing firemaking for HP boost, and potting up (extremes would be best) and then filling up your inventory, double check you have everything, then enter the Kiln. (I would choose the quick-play enter option.)

WAVES 1-10 –

Set your Quick prayers to protection from ranged, as most of the attacks you will be facing will be ranged. These are easy waves, stand in the safe-spot marked below as waves 1-9 begin. Wave 5 will have a Dill to the north, after dispatching the other monsters move to the Kiln rock in the center and use it to flinch [refer to section 3.3 on flinching] the Dill. As wave 9 ends head to the “Jad-wave stand position” and kill the Xil. Afterward take an overload dose, heal with Excalibur (if you have them) and then kill Jad.

kilnmap1-10.jpg

WAVES 11-20-

Set your Quick Prayers to protection from magic, as most attacks will be magic, and same as 1-9 use the L-shaped rock safe-spot. These waves are also quite easy. On Wave 19 you will face 8 Mej and 1 Dill, stand in the safe-spot to kill all the Mej and then go to the Kiln Rock to flinch the Dill, Easy as pie. Then go to the “Jad-wave stand position” and kill the Zek with range. Afterward take an overload dose, heal with Excalibur (if you have them) and then kill Jad.

WAVES 21-24-

Protect from melee at the onset of these waves, and move to a piece where you aren’t being attacked or just keep protecting from melee. These are the easiest waves.

WAVES 25-27-

These waves are where it starts to become difficult, as there are more than one combat style coming at you at once, and the options of staying safely behind a rock a non-existent. Overloading should be done when you don’t have multiple attack styles coming at you at once. On waves 25-27 pray mage at the onset because the Zek’s can hit hard. Wave 25 rush NE and NW corners to kill the rangers wearing melee/range tank gear, after killing them run south to kill the Zek, while trapping the melee monsters behind it, then kill melees. On Wave 26 do he same as 25, but only NW is the ranger with the Zek’s in the NE and SE. Wave 27 is the same strategy, sit at NW to kill the Xil, and then trap the melees behind the Zek, but this wave has Mejkot and the Ket.

WAVE 28-

This is the dreaded “armadillo wave.” :ohnoes: :ohnoes: It is not as difficult as some think. First Pray Mage, and like in the image below swoop around after picking up Regeneration crystal (this gives time for both the Zek and the Dill to spawn) and trap Dill #1 behind the Zek. After killing the Zek you will have to kill the first Dill while tanking it, I found it useful to blood barrage it after its’ shell had cracked. Next you will need to “line flinch” group #2, if you walk directly south you should find the line in which you cross the Dills will walk towards you, use that line like the kiln rock to flinch them. Then move to the dill #3 using the rock it is next to while you flinch it. Lastly group #4 can be easiest because you can use the kiln rock as a safe-spot to flinch. Wasn’t too bad was it? :P

kilnwave28.jpg

WAVE 29-

Pray melee and kill them. That’s it. :P

WAVE 30-

Pray melee while stand AGAINST the kiln rock on the Northeast Square where the Green square is below, kill the melees and then kill Jad.

NEKRsafespot.jpg

WAVES 31-33-

Wave 31 Protect Range, Rangers only. Wave 32 Protect Melee, Melees only. Wave 33 Protect Mage, and kill the 4 Zeks, you may need to heal because they can hit you a bit even though its all only mage, you can also go to an edge so 1 or 2 cannot reach you.

WAVE 34-

Stand on the Northeast kiln rock safe-spot while praying melee, kill the melee once JAD and the Xil are stuck behind the kiln rock, and then move a square to the west to kill the Xil and then Jad.

WAVE 35-

Jad spawns to the Northeast, Zek southeast, Xil southwest and Mejkot Northeast.

(Look at the picture below.) Pray protect from mage, and stand on that EXACT square, and run west IN A STRAIGHT LINE, if you go north by even 1 square Jad can attack, and make sure to run all the way to the edge when running west, kill the ranger first, then the melee while invulnerability crystal is active, and return to that square you started on, but make sure you run DIRECTLY east in a straight line while aligned to the west side of the kiln rock. Walk 1 square south and range the Zek, once it is dead walk north to kill Jad. If you follow that correctly you wont take any damage from the Mejkot or the Xil.

wave35.jpg

WAVE 36-

Double Jad, but one Jad was tough enough! :ohnoes: :ohnoes: Well you only fight on at a time, stand on the Northeast Kiln rock spot. Once they are against the rock, move one square over and kill one Jad, and then the same with the other, piece of cake. :)

HAR-AKEN-

So… Har-Aken does not spawn to the north, only South, East and West. I’d recommend wearing your Gano and Mage gear, Activate your magic crystal (because it will boost your magic defense also, matched with gano’s absorb makes for good mage defense) and protecting from Ranged. I would not get into melee distance of the tentacles. Har-Aken will surface for 15 seconds, you want to do as much magic damage as possible while he up, then he will go under the lava for exactly 30 seconds. Count the 30 Seconds and then attack his head again. I would recommend waiting in a corner with the least amount of tentacles as possible, and then keep attacking the head. And after a little while… he’s dead and you’ve done it, congratz! \:D/

I know my guide isn’t the most in depth, but this is how I did it, and I hope it helps, goodluck!

Edited by Kimberly

iOwn.... (kinda)

2 year old account, Hoping to max before 3-year mark.
rilo_kiley.png

Drops - LOTS! =P

1500 total, 2000 total, 2200 total, 2400 total, 2496 total, 2595 total.

99s in order: 99 herblore, 99 firemaking, 99 cooking, 99 strength, 99 Constitution, 99 Attack, 99 ranged, 99 dungeoneering, 99 summoning, 99 fletching,

For 24-27 I prefer standing in NW corner while praying mage, this allows me to dispatch the rangers better.

For 35 I stand in SW of the rock with invulnerability crystal, and once Jad is lured I stand to the west side in your guide, and longrange the ranger and mage.

No mention of constitution crystals? They're quite useful on Har-Aken if you expend your mage crystals on the Jad waves. I personally only pick up 2, and use it during 29-30 and 35-36.

I also prefer Karil's Crossbow, the firing rate is extremely fast even though it's two-handed. Mostly because I didn't have any good shield at the time, I just used Zamorak Book. :P

douvdFX.jpg

Blog

Trimmed | Master Quester | Final Boss

Boss pets: Bombi | Shrimpy | Ellie | Tz-Rek Jad | Karil the Bobbled | Mega Ducklings

120s: Dungeoneering | Invention

For 24-27 I prefer standing in NW corner while praying mage, this allows me to dispatch the rangers better.

For 35 I stand in SW of the rock with invulnerability crystal, and once Jad is lured I stand to the west side in your guide, and longrange the ranger and mage.

No mention of constitution crystals? They're quite useful on Har-Aken if you expend your mage crystals on the Jad waves. I personally only pick up 2, and use it during 29-30 and 35-36.

I also prefer Karil's Crossbow, the firing rate is extremely fast even though it's two-handed. Mostly because I didn't have any good shield at the time, I just used Zamorak Book. :P

on 25-27 25 inv crystal spawns then i rush to ranger, from there on out i wait there for them while praying mage, so same idea.

on your idea for 35, i find that the ranger wont die fast enough unless using melee, and that way jad is successfully trapped so you can deal with the others while still invulnerable,

and i prefer rune c'bow because bolt racks don't seem to have enough power to them when i tried them and i didn't have space for the 2-handed crossbow while using my successful inventory

and as i didnt like constitution crystals on har aken, i only use the 2 mage cystals then because 1- it boosts defence, 2- jads are easy enough, and you cant use overloads while using mage crystal, and i dont think you can while using constitution crystal, so i really didnt like con crystal on har aken as you dont get def boost and you dont get any mage bonus, and you want to do as much damage as soon as possible for har aken (well i did)

iOwn.... (kinda)

rilo_kiley.png

Drops - LOTS! =P

99s in order: 99 herblore, 99 firemaking, 99 cooking, 99 strength, 99 Constitution, 99 Attack, 99 ranged, 99 dungeoneering, 99 summoning, 99 fletching,

your welcome 707-call-me and I Always Try

they are the reasons i made this originally^

iOwn.... (kinda)

rilo_kiley.png

Drops - LOTS! =P

707-call-me, I Always Try and Serb 4 2 0 let me know if there's anything else you need to know, or anyone else for that matter, im gonna try to onyx farm real soon also so i may tweak some things

iOwn.... (kinda)

rilo_kiley.png

Drops - LOTS! =P

GRATZZ TO -

I ALWAYS TRY

GLAD MY GUIDE COULD HELP!!! :grin: :grin: :grin: :grin:

iOwn.... (kinda)

rilo_kiley.png

Drops - LOTS! =P

Your gear is terrible. Neit > Torva helm. Karil's >>>>>> Chaotic.

oh so your smoking crack? lol.

iOwn.... (kinda)

rilo_kiley.png

Drops - LOTS! =P

Seeker's setup is for maxers completing kiln in 30 mins. :P

MAXERS.

MAXERS.

jens guide NON-MAXED

karil = trash. 2 handed, and just plain isn't good.

torva full helm hp boost offsets the very little negative range/mage bonus, and the extra defensive bonuses just help.

iOwn.... (kinda)

rilo_kiley.png

Drops - LOTS! =P

Karil's is not trash. It is significantly better than a CCB and obliterates an RCB in DPS. You are simply wrong.

My guide is for maxed players looking to speedkiln but those two examples of errors in your guide apply to everyone.

You don't know what you're doing.

Karil's is not trash. It is significantly better than a CCB and obliterates an RCB in DPS. You are simply wrong.

My guide is for maxed players looking to speedkiln but those two examples of errors in your guide apply to everyone.

You don't know what you're doing.

Your guide? That's quite a laugh. You pretty much took every youtuber that's made a decent kiln guide's guide and put it down in words. Your guide? Lol....

Just don't....

Also since this is a guide for non-maxed you'd have to assume that not all of them will have 99 Summoning, or even 95, so Steel/Iron titan can not be brought into discussion. Thus a Torva Helm would be better than a Neit helm.

You're right about one thing, and thats Kxbow being better than Ccb/Rcb.

You're claiming her "gear to be terrible" yet you only point out two errors. That's being rather silly. You said it yourself "My guide is for maxed players looking to speedkiln". This is not. This is for players looking to get a cape

The difference between seeker's guide and every youtuber's is that he knows what he's talking about.

Yeah, and sadly some of them do too.

Which is why i said "You pretty much took every youtuber that's made a decent kiln guide's guide and put it down in words".

ie. He did not make a video guide, but rather a textual guide. I can assure you, you will find his exact guide in video form on youtube.

But that is not the issue. The issue is his problem reading "non-maxed" and being able to make the assumption that they will not have Steel/Iron titan's and/or the skills to do "speedkilns". He should learn to read before tossing out insults to people.

He's not the shit, he's not the bees knees. Therefor he should not try and act like it.

The difference between seeker's guide and every youtuber's is that he knows what he's talking about.

Which is why i said "You pretty much took every youtuber that's made a decent kiln guide's guide and put it down in words".

ie. He did not make a video guide, but rather a textual guide. I can assure you, you will find his exact guide in video form on youtube.

But that is not the issue. The issue is his problem reading "non-maxed" and being able to make the assumption that they will not have Steel/Iron titan's and/or the skills to do "speedkilns". He should learn to read before tossing out insults to people.

He's not the shit, he's not the bees knees. Therefor he should not try and act like it.

Do you even understand how huge a -7 magic penalty actually is vs high def targets like Jads? An amateur will fail at the Jads or wave 28 if they're not gong blind. The best way to ensure that one does not [bleep] up (aside from the pushups method) is to minimise the amount of time spent potentially [bleep]ing up in a catastrophic manner.

And congratulations on so badly misconstruing my response to Sonic's comment about my methods being relevant to maxed speedkilners. As for the rest of the gear suggestions being bad, here are a few others.

Gano legs being better than Virtus legs is just nonsense. I don't even have to explain this one.

The lack of a ranged legs switch is silly as the 400s have non-trivial ranged defence. Since one would be using a BoB with this method, one slot for gear is not even a tradeoff as even the worst players will have enough brews with a tort. If someone dies in kiln with a BoB of brews, it's because they tanked Dills or [bleep]ed up vs a Jad. A single slot required to shave minutes off of a sea of potential [bleep]ups is not a sacrifice.

Broad bolts being the minimum recommended ammo instead of runite bolts (should be bolt racks, but that's nother issue) is also awful. Runite bolts cost nearly nothing over the course of a kiln, even with no Ava's device (most bolts will pile up on the SW tile of the target 400). If someone really wants a guaranteed kiln cape, a few 10ks worth of ammo should be nothing at all.

A fire cape is NOT better than an ardy cloak. Likewise, a trimmed skillcape is completely pointless and a mage arena cape should be used in absence of an ardy cloak 3.

The lack of mentioning how CRUCIAL an ASN is also bothers me a lot.

Great, now you've made me spend several minutes writing a response I never should have had to write.

EDIT: Fyi, nobody on youtube uses my specific wave-to-wave method and text guides were universally awful until I made my one. Another good one popped up on Zybez a few weeks after mine, though, and introduced crystal resets to me. There's a reason why I made that guide.

Do you even understand how huge a -7 magic penalty actually is vs high def targets like Jads?

Do you have any data on Jad's magic def? What I have indicates ~500-700, but my data isn't what you would call accurate.

Do you even understand how huge a -7 magic penalty actually is vs high def targets like Jads?

Do you have any data on Jad's magic def? What I have indicates ~500-700, but my data isn't what you would call accurate.

No data but it's pretty plain to see that it's way past the point where magic atk starts to REALLY matter.

See, now at least you have given her something to work off of instead of just being a prick and saying "your guide sucks".

My point was exactly that. Instead of just telling people how terrible it is, tell her how she can improve it.

No data but it's pretty plain to see that it's way past the point where magic atk starts to REALLY matter.

That's a shame. No one ever believes me when I say he has high mage def :/

That's a shame. No one ever believes me when I say he has high mage def :/

That's because caves Jad has low magic def and people are idiots. The two Jads have completely different stats (TokHaar is an absolute monster compared to that red puppy).

Actually I sort of find a bit of a logic flaw in the guide...

You specifically target non-maxers, but how in the world would non-maxers afford Nex gear? I have beaten kiln and I can't even afford Bandos for god's sake. :|

douvdFX.jpg

Blog

Trimmed | Master Quester | Final Boss

Boss pets: Bombi | Shrimpy | Ellie | Tz-Rek Jad | Karil the Bobbled | Mega Ducklings

120s: Dungeoneering | Invention