Dota 2

Faux

No idea why there's no thread for this, but anyone else plays it?

It's not a pay to win game unlike other free games, but it's in beta so you do need an invite to play. Game is beautiful and really high quality for a free game. The voice acting alone in this game surprises most people.

The only thing I don't really like about this game is Hispanic/Latin American players who queue in US servers and can't speak English. Other than that it's really fun.

I've been playing it for about a week. Unfortunately I'm still pretty newby.

The only hero i've really got the jist of so far is Ursa.

Want to be my friend? Look under my name to the left<<< and click the 'Add as friend' button!

zqXeV.jpg

Big thanks to Stevepole for the signature!^

If you haven't checked it out yet https://dotabuff.com/ Tracks all your stats. I have 52-53% win rate so I think I'm doing well. This is my first "moba" so I played horrible my first few games.

My favourite hero is Leshrac. Very versatile hero. Can go on any lane, provides disable, can push well and play support or semi-carry.

I just played batrider. Got carried so hard because I played horrible and won lol. Fun hero to play but I'm so bad with him

• 1 month later...
  • 11 months later...

i don't think i've played it in a couple of weeks. it got to the point where actually playing a match to completion on aus servers was a coin flip. and even if the server didn't shit the bed, you'd be stuck playing with the aus dota community which is a massive pile of shit.

i've been following the competitive scene when i have the time though, and the new heroes, balance changes and modes they've brought out look real cool.

FBqTDdL.jpg

sleep like dead men

wake up like dead men

• 6 months later...
  • 2 weeks later...
  • 1 month later...

Tried it out a long time ago. Spent a whole day trying to kill bots, I was so garbage I literally almost never killed them. I was the worst newbie in every single team I played, took that as a sign to move on.

2480+ total

• 10 months later...