A theory about how to identifying autoplayers.

metabee14

ÃÆââââ¬Å¡Ã¬ÃââThey never talk during skill trainings like mining, tree-cutting.

ÃÆââââ¬Å¡Ã¬ÃââThey are able to type flawless and long messages at high speed.

ÃÆââââ¬Å¡Ã¬ÃââThey do not respond to random events and do not wear any armour during skill trainings.

^ Above are my ways of identifying autoers.

Oh snap, desire for solitude and keyboarding skills means I'm an autoer. Oh noes!

When I train. I never WEAR any armour at all.

That's pretty stupid. It puts more weight so I run slower, and it's just ugly.

Gee, you guys are stupid with your "auto-identifaction" [cabbage].

ÃÆââââ¬Å¡Ã¬ÃââThey do not respond to random events and do not wear any armour during skill trainings.

Oh snap, desire for solitude and keyboarding skills means I'm an autoer. Oh noes!

He missed the point where the autoer will be probably be level 3.

RSN: F T T W, 1167 Total, 117 Combat, All F2P

Current Goal: 97/99 Defence

I am The Walrus.

jagex did it to them self

what i mean is they banned there mains wich is good but since there mains are ban they have nothing to lose by nonstop autoing wich is bad because now they will auto nonstop because if there main gets banned it has to be lvl 40 at max so theres nothing to lose not to auto for them.the only way to stop them is to ip ban well they could use a proxy are something but it will get rid of most of them

one person that i thought was an autoer got a Mysterious Box...and solved it!...then dropped the money...but was the same look as all other autoers and did not respond to anything.

overall-1.png: 1437 combat.png: 173
Lowest Combat to 1,000 Total in F2P (23 Combat)
2r8i4.png
Check me out on YouTube!

• 2 weeks later...

Honestly, what are the best ways to identify autoers? There seem to be quite a few of them chopping Yews over at Rimmington, although some of them aren't dressed in the usual autoer style, they were almost all level 3-5 and using rune axes. Some of their movements were...repetitive, I guess. Always going back to the same spot to wait. Actually, going to that spot instead of going directly to the tree that just respawned once or twice.

Although I did see them run for damaging randoms, and one I watched retrieve his axehead (dang, I think it was rune too). However, some of these could be accounted for in a complex enough program, couldn't they?

This just in: a couple mods told me you can report the level 3s with default clothes that aren't talking and stuff. Apparantly, rule 7 (macroeing) is a "safe" rule, in which the person doing the reporting is not punished for reporting people he thinks are autoers. I would think that reporting random people would get you punished, of course.

On another note, one of the mods that told me this was at rune essence. He walked in and said "boo" and a few people disappeared. He went on to explain that the auto system automatically logs them out when they see a mod crown. Kinda pointless because it just confirms they're autoers, but pretty cool.

RSN: F T T W, 1167 Total, 117 Combat, All F2P

Current Goal: 97/99 Defence

I am The Walrus.

blah, u know if someone is a autoer or not when u c them in the town. by the dress code and if the writing is exact sanme :wink:

Wow - Zuu - Lvl 55 Destructo Lock - Neptulon

Rattus Jr - Skill totaler Nub ( Zuu's Back)

Archer003 - 92 80 99 92hp Rsc trained

Seriously, how many honest level threes have even discovered private chat off? Not to be against low levels, but why would you need to keep it off? For the high levels to stop begging you for money? It's probably a system where when the autoer is on it puts private chat off so it doesn't mess up the script.

Lol I didn't discover Private Chat to friends until I was level 35. I just say free 30k and start trading them, what kind of noob would say know to that?

EDIT: I think I got an autoer banned because I saw him in the high scores a week ago, now he's not there :twisted:

• 2 weeks later...
If the muggers inside the shop: keep door closed. watch the macro run around the shop, stand there trying to open the door or attack the mugger, though hes twice his level.

I just spent a while doing this in Varrock. Afer the first couple I went to bank, cleared my inventory and put on an earth tiara. After each autoer got killed I picked up 27 of his load and ran up to earth them.

Maybe Jagex could add a couple more muggers to the area. It seems quite effective.

On another note, one of the mods that told me this was at rune essence. He walked in and said "boo" and a few people disappeared. He went on to explain that the auto system automatically logs them out when they see a mod crown.

Maybe Jagex could add some kind of NPC Mod in areas frequented by autoers. All it would need to do is Flash the crown occasioanlly.

Maybe it could be in the form of a town crier, or a mad, mumbling hermit. Anything which could make occasional public conversation in context.

Seriously, how many honest level threes have even discovered private chat off? Not to be against low levels, but why would you need to keep it off? For the high levels to stop begging you for money? It's probably a system where when the autoer is on it puts private chat off so it doesn't mess up the script.

hes right

I always idenitify wc autoers by talking to them, they usually respond with the exact same phrase: "Lol, no."

1690 total and unranked strength. Headed for 1800.

siggyanimatoin5dtbp3.gif

I like the irony (no wait, paradoxicality) in how there's a spelling error in this sig.

Yea, this has no indication as to whether they are autoers or not. Doesn't mean they aren't autoers but you can't tell using this method. They're private is either on friends or it is off.

Yes this isn't the best way and I figured that out after some posts here.

I made this topic because I always have the public chat, private chat and trade/compete option on. So I didn't know about it.

And as the title said, it was just a theory.

\ARENAscape/

Ghost killed a snaill 200 m away ... hmm but that was not a target . :P

I would match 2 of those descriptions right there then. First, nobody likes to bother with chatting when they're mining or whatever, what's there to say? Second, I don't wear armor when I'm mining or woodcutting, etc. That just weighs you down and reduces the time you can run.

I don't know if this has been mentioned before, but I've noticed most autoers do not weild their axe/pick, which most normal players do so they can carry more materials. Maybe part of the progam doesn't work if they are carrying something.

lord_khallos.png

proudguildmasterng2.png

I don't know if this has been mentioned before, but I've noticed most autoers do not weild their axe/pick, which most normal players do so they can carry more materials. Maybe part of the progam doesn't work if they are carrying something.

Oh and did you know most people under level 40 attack don't wield their axes and picks either? :o :lol: :o

i tried to door tricked at varrock. kinda fun. :lol: :lol:

so funny when i think about the mugger who was once my enemy now has become my allies in the war against autoers :twisted:

the first time i tried that trick i reported abut a dozen autoers w00t w00t.

but i havent received any message from jagex telling me if they have taken any action for my report. hmm are they ignoring it :wall: :wall:

/

I fit all those criteria, and I don't auto.

I'm Jake Milroy

Hehe, I just killed 3 autoers, and reported about 15.

Man, I've been there once and there were no autoers, and this time, the space was flooded by autoers. The only bad thing is that other, honest playes, get mad when you close the door all time, and that autoers can still sneak through it...

Anyway, I still ahd fun, killing those few guys, and reporting the others hoping they get banned :twisted: