RuneScape is not appealing anymore

God Of Lego

also, right now, the thing people hate the most is having to learn everything in the new system by finding out themselves

if we're going by reasons for quitting anyway

frankly i can't take these pieces any more seriously than anybody took me back when i was rallying for massive change

at this point i don't have any more [bleep]s to give now that i see what really matters to people

8f14270694.jpg

If they want any hope in making runescape last 10 more years. Listen to us as active players. We have fond memories and we are defensive of a game we loved. It was us who funded you.

100% agree with this.

The only limit is your own imagination.

It's blatantly obvious that it's not going to last another 10 years.

60k players online, between 20k and 25k of whom are powerbot users. Still means a majority of players are actually players, but I don't see any MMO surviving for a decade with such a small player base.

Asmodean <3

i'm going to slightly disagree on listening to the players on the grounds that the players were partly responsible for many of our past and present day issues, and have entitlement issues on the grounds of their five dollars a month, and also that veteran cape fiasco

it seems like it would be better to find good players and listen to them (like they've done earlier) but actually take their advice instead of completely ignore it afterwards (like they've done earlier)

• Like 1

8f14270694.jpg

Players have proven that they have no interest in the long term success of runescape as a profitable, and therefore available game. We had the removal of wilderness, what do players do? They threaten to quit. We had the Squeal of Fortune. What do players do? They threaten to quit. We've just gotten past 6 months of EoC beta which had many players upset even though they played only an hour or two of it, and yes, many threatened to quit yet again.

They're supposed to listen to us? Why would they do that?

• Like 1

From the empty days of hope, deny the darkness
Follow my voice, we'll run far away from here

If only to hide, to escape this life
And live forever, forever in the sun

The quality of game updates has in general increased, even if the quality of decisions about the game has fluctuated. Generally graphical quality, sound quality, story depth, overall skill design has increased. They have a lot of areas for improvement, especially regarding controversial decisions that don't get communicated clearly. But overall they have clearly continued to get better, and have shown some very solid outlines for the future.

Serena_Sedai.png
Maxed since Sunday, January 9th, 2014
Completionist since Wednesday, June 4th, 2014