Welcome to Rune Tips, the first ever RuneScape help site. We aim to offer skill guides, quest guides, maps, calculators, informative databases, tips, and much more to help you get the most from the Massive Online Adventure Game, RuneScape, by Jagex Ltd © 2009.

Report Ad

Welcome to Forum.Tip.It
Register now to gain access to all of our features. Once registered and logged in, you will be able to create topics, post replies to existing threads, give reputation to your fellow members, get your own private messenger, post status updates, manage your profile and so much more. If you already have an account, login here - otherwise create an account for free today!
Photo

New items - imps

• Please log in to reply
12 replies to this topic

rwisinski
[ Display Name History ]

rwisinski

Chicken Feather

• Members
  • 5 posts
Just killed an imp and got an item I've never seen before...imphide. Examination says can be used to make imp armor; another new item. Does anyone have additional information on either of these new items?

Octarine
[ Display Name History ]

Octarine

Retired Crew

• Members
  • 1,564 posts
  • RuneScape Status:Retired
  • RSN:Octarine
  • RSN2:Octarune
  • Clan:Primacy
They were introduced as low level mage gear with the EoC. Crafted from imp-hide with a low crafting level, see here:

http://www.tip.it/ru...ag=all&tag2=all

In addition there's the imp horn wand for casting magic spells.

Blog of DG, Bossing (mostly Glacors) and stuff - Runetrack

Posted Image
Play Safe! Posted Image - Got useful information for the tip.it website? Post here!

rwisinski
[ Display Name History ]

rwisinski

Chicken Feather

• Members
  • 5 posts
Thanks! A lot of new stuff introduced with the EoC that wasn't well, if at all, documented.

Urza285
[ Display Name History ]

Urza285

Ice Giant Melter

• Members
  • 4,133 posts
  • RuneScape Status:P2P
  • RSN:Urza285
  • RSN2:Urza285
  • Clan:Looking: com/skiller

Thanks! A lot of new stuff introduced with the EoC that wasn't well, if at all, documented.

Check out runescape.wikia.com

Maxed [February 14, 2012] | Completionist [October 25, 2012] | Trimmed Completionist [In Progress]

Visit my Blog!

u_rza.png

Ammako
[ Display Name History ]

Ammako

Ice Giant Melter

• Members
  • 3,541 posts
I think that the concept of Imphide and Spider Silk was pretty neat.
However, I don't think Lv. 50 gear should be obtainable by killing a few low level bats.

Alg
[ Display Name History ]

Alg

Troll General

• Editorial Panel
  • 10,880 posts

However, I don't think Lv. 50 gear should be obtainable by killing a few low level bats.

As opposed to killing a few low-level dragons or as the top-tier reward from a skill? :twss:

Urza285
[ Display Name History ]

Urza285

Ice Giant Melter

• Members
  • 4,133 posts
I'm sure its the rarity of the drop that needs to and will eventually be fixed.

Maxed [February 14, 2012] | Completionist [October 25, 2012] | Trimmed Completionist [In Progress]

Visit my Blog!

u_rza.png

decebal
[ Display Name History ]

decebal

Demon Vanquisher

• Members
  • 2,315 posts
  • RuneScape Status:F2P
  • RSN:Decebalus6
I find it strange how carapace armour (level 30 ranged armour) requires you to kill higher levelled creatures than batwing armour (level 50 magic). I also find it strange how carapaces are a member's item.

Posted Image

Urza285
[ Display Name History ]

Urza285

Ice Giant Melter

• Members
  • 4,133 posts
Sounds like a slight pull to gain f2pers into the p2p world. Honestly, suppose this is where they are going - a much more honest and straight forward method than teasing people with the mercenaries. Hey you want this armor? Sure. Fine, go buy it. But I want to craft it... Ok become a member. Ideally it's a win for both sides. None of this complete withholding from f2p players besides the obvious high end gear.

Visit my Blog!

u_rza.png

Alg
[ Display Name History ]

Alg

Troll General

• Editorial Panel
  • 10,880 posts

Sounds like a slight pull to gain f2pers into the p2p world. Honestly, suppose this is where they are going - a much more honest and straight forward method than teasing people with the mercenaries. Hey you want this armor? Sure. Fine, go buy it. But I want to craft it... Ok become a member. Ideally it's a win for both sides. None of this complete withholding from f2p players besides the obvious high end gear.

They do it with most other ranged items. If you want blue dragonhide or a bow above maple, you'll have to buy it from members.

They're really inconsistent with low-level items. No free mage items from 30 to 50, tons of melee items that are easy to buy from shops but hard to craft, ranged items that only members can craft... I suppose standardizing gear is too much to ask for.

Urza285
[ Display Name History ]

Urza285

Ice Giant Melter

• Members
  • 4,133 posts

They do it with most other ranged items. If you want blue dragonhide or a bow above maple, you'll have to buy it from members.

They're really inconsistent with low-level items. No free mage items from 30 to 50, tons of melee items that are easy to buy from shops but hard to craft, ranged items that only members can craft... I suppose standardizing gear is too much to ask for.

You have a legitimate stake, but honestly are we never going to have something to nitpick about? C'mon, this is the smartest thing they've done for this issue thus far. At least give them a small hand.

Visit my Blog!

u_rza.png

Alg
[ Display Name History ]

Alg

Troll General

• Editorial Panel
  • 10,880 posts

You have a legitimate stake, but honestly are we never going to have something to nitpick about? C'mon, this is the smartest thing they've done for this issue thus far. At least give them a small hand.

Over the past few years I've picked up a very bad habit of giving constructive criticism for everything, good or bad. :razz:

Star.
[ Display Name History ]

Star.

Retired Moderator

• Members
  • 4,338 posts
  • RuneScape Status:None
Moved to Help and Advice.

Posted Image
☢ CAUTION ☢ CAUTION ☢ CAUTION ☢ CAUTION ☢

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users