New items - imps

rwisinski

They were introduced as low level mage gear with the EoC. Crafted from imp-hide with a low crafting level, see here:

http://www.tip.it/runescape/items?keywords=imphide&players=all&tag=all&tag2=all

In addition there's the imp horn wand for casting magic spells.

safersbanner.png

Play Safe! smile.gif - Got useful information for the tip.it website? Post here!

I find it strange how carapace armour (level 30 ranged armour) requires you to kill higher levelled creatures than batwing armour (level 50 magic). I also find it strange how carapaces are a member's item.

22031_s.gif

Sounds like a slight pull to gain f2pers into the p2p world. Honestly, suppose this is where they are going - a much more honest and straight forward method than teasing people with the mercenaries. Hey you want this armor? Sure. Fine, go buy it. But I want to craft it... Ok become a member. Ideally it's a win for both sides. None of this complete withholding from f2p players besides the obvious high end gear.

Maxed [February 14, 2012] | Completionist [October 25, 2012] | Trimmed Completionist [in Progress]

Visit my Blog!

u_rza.png

Sounds like a slight pull to gain f2pers into the p2p world. Honestly, suppose this is where they are going - a much more honest and straight forward method than teasing people with the mercenaries. Hey you want this armor? Sure. Fine, go buy it. But I want to craft it... Ok become a member. Ideally it's a win for both sides. None of this complete withholding from f2p players besides the obvious high end gear.

They do it with most other ranged items. If you want blue dragonhide or a bow above maple, you'll have to buy it from members.

They're really inconsistent with low-level items. No free mage items from 30 to 50, tons of melee items that are easy to buy from shops but hard to craft, ranged items that only members can craft... I suppose standardizing gear is too much to ask for.

They do it with most other ranged items. If you want blue dragonhide or a bow above maple, you'll have to buy it from members.

They're really inconsistent with low-level items. No free mage items from 30 to 50, tons of melee items that are easy to buy from shops but hard to craft, ranged items that only members can craft... I suppose standardizing gear is too much to ask for.

You have a legitimate stake, but honestly are we never going to have something to nitpick about? C'mon, this is the smartest thing they've done for this issue thus far. At least give them a small hand.

Maxed [February 14, 2012] | Completionist [October 25, 2012] | Trimmed Completionist [in Progress]

Visit my Blog!

u_rza.png

You have a legitimate stake, but honestly are we never going to have something to nitpick about? C'mon, this is the smartest thing they've done for this issue thus far. At least give them a small hand.

Over the past few years I've picked up a very bad habit of giving constructive criticism for everything, good or bad. :razz: