I'm missing it already.

Defy

Special attacks;

It seems so long ago that we could AGS spec 700's and pull out those dclaws for a KO, The new combat just has far too little abilitys and they get old so fast..

Combat level;

Now when i see a level 200 i don't even look twice, I miss the old 138's cause atleast then you knew that had 96/99 prayer and 96/99 summoning.

Now most if not all of the accounts i used to love seeing like the defence pures (level 35 - with 80 - 90 defence) , or the 25 combat 99 hp pures.

You can't have any special accounts anymore apart from 4 combat 99 prayer...

the one thing i loved about runescape combat was the ability to make an account unique by being low combat with awesome armour or a nice godsword etc.

:(

/END RANT

Just miss the old stuff :(

anyone agree?

• Like 2
bllllonz.png

anyone agree?

Honestly I don't :P

I don't exactly get your point, do you just miss the old system, or do you hate EoC ?

Personally I prefer EoC but I liked both (now PvP is more challenging IMO), but if you like EoC as well I don't see any reason to miss rs2 tbh, game changed and if you really were nostalgic you could try priv servers :P

IMO it seems like you feel you wasted time on pures, but you can't compare based on that only. I mean, I've seen people who never enjoyed playing with a main, and are now bashing EoC, but EoC just doesn't fit for old pures so they can't really compare or judge.

"I've read this before.." ~ You

mah stuffs

I don't miss having to dump 20m into claws to have any chance doing anything that involved competing with players be it pvm or pvp.

I don't miss having level 40s take out half my health with one attack then dying and coming back to finish the job.

I don't miss 1 weapon dominating almost everything.

• Like 3

From the empty days of hope, deny the darkness
Follow my voice, we'll run far away from here

If only to hide, to escape this life
And live forever, forever in the sun

I miss it aswell, saw how it's just another console game or any other hacknslash game out there. It's nerfing all veterans/high players by taking our accomplishments away then making them practically useless like prayer.

Years ago it was anything to make you play longer, then BE A MEMBER shoved in your face, then the gift of giving everyone stuff.

When the good community leaves, the rest of us suffer for it for drastic changes/downdates/broken promises.

Samething is happening to Ace of Spades community now sadly when Jagex bought them out. It's so bad even Sallythebutcher from Jagex who is in charge of that project admitted to like-hoarding on fb comments/posts to make it look popular, the hate comes from a community that largely doesn't even know who Jagex is too.

/Former 138, nonskiller now nobody.

I miss it aswell, saw how it's just another console game or any other hacknslash game out there.

As opposed to the previous combat system which was about as mind-numbingly boring as the rest of the game.

Yea, you know the one we had from day 1 where everyone played Rs without minding it/liking it because it was nice and simple especially for disadvantaged/disabled people?

Dunno why you're mentioning this or even here if the whole game is that boring lol. Just do what I do, play other games when not on a break for relaxation and friends in Rs :razz:

Well, I would have to admit that I do miss the old Combat Level system still. There's an endless amount of new level 200 players now, which dont even have all their combat stats maxed out (or within a level or two from it), which just seems off too me. Like many... I don't really find combat levels have any meaning anymore.

o4qq.png

My Pure F2P Blog: CLICK ME

6th Maintainer of the Pure F2P Highscores / The Top 250 F2P Skill Total Lists : May 16th, 2012 - March 30th, 2014.

I do miss the pk system in Runescape Classic but I dont miss my old habbits in showing off my stats, combat lvls etc. Getting a 99 is still an achievment. EoC did not take that away from me. (in my opinion). When i saw a low level guy walking with defence 99 i wasnt thinking like wow... such a low lvl combat and still a defence cape.. no, i was thinking like why on earth didn't he/she used that amount of time on the main account to get it there?

Ofcourse I can understand the fun people have in getting it but what is wrong with a comp cape? But I must admit.. having fun in doing something you like the way you want to do. Is never a time waiste. But showing off what you have achieved?? Most people that will see you walk don’t really care on what cape you dress, no matter what combat level you have sorry.

For the rest, nothing really changed. Its still a nice achievement to get defence 99 with attack and strength lvl 1. The only thing that has changed is the way people see that you are still attack and strength lvl 1. Something complete irrelevant in my opinion.

About the special attacks: Boss fights are a lot easier then before EoC. Why making them more easy in bringing back special attacks? Some people even say that the PvM system and the Slayer skill are to easy for higher combat lvl players now. I see it more as a appreciation for an high combat level. Ones again J to me, its just the way you look at it.

rsn changed for a short period of time to: GM Dutch

I don't mind momentum, because I like getting rewarded for doing work. As much as afkers want the pre-EoC monotony yet equal xp, I like how you can go faster through Slayer tasks if you really wants to put in the effort. Otherwise, you can just relax, talk with friends, and enjoy momentum doing most of the work for you, at a small speed cost.

Also, I really like the update to defense- now, if I carry a shield, I don't need to bring food to most slayer tasks, letting me manage the drops better. So now I don't need ppots or food, for the most part, unless I'm using a 2her. Dual wielding? Just equip a shield for a few seconds, heal up, and switch back.

Cry4mercy.png