frosts

Shady Character

hi all,

I finally got the reqs for frost dragons over the double exp weekend.

ive never been there and I am lacking a good stab wep. I wont get my first chaotic till ~lvl90 and i would rather spend the tokens on the ccb instead of a rapier.

my question is would a zammy spear work? or what other options do i have besides useing a cr?

ill go look up a guide but if there are any noteworthy tip/tricks feel free to inform me of them as well.

appriecated :)

De_Toke.png
max.png
Quest cape since Jan. 30th, '08

ZS or Kosari is pretty much the next best choices to Cr for stab. I think Zs is a bit better but obviously requires super antis

Plv6Dz6.jpg

Operation Gold Sparkles :: Chompy Kills ::  Full Profound :: Champions :: Barbarian Notes :: Champions Tackle Box :: MA Rewards

Dragonkin Journals :: Ports Stories :: Elder Chronicles :: Boss Slayer :: Penance King :: Kal'gerion Titles :: Gold Statue

I like to take rapier (korasi's works well too), dfs and bandos to snag the first hit, then use shield abilities to heal any damage that i might take. Zammy spear + super antifires is also lovely, but I'm rather careless when I play and have forgotten to re-pot and gotten toasted by dragon fire a couple times, so I take the shield for safe measure. I have also seen people using void + z spear, full guthans and full dharok's, although I don't have any practical experience with any of these set ups on frost dragons.

General tips:

Don't focus on killing the frosties completely, focus on getting the first damage, and maintaining a comfortable health. There are enough bots there to do most of the heavy lifting, so fight at least two dragons at a time. I've seen a guy handling 5 with soul split on, so venture boldly.

Bring war tort (soon pack yak judging by your sig) to collect more bones / trip.

Use the obby and alter on the way from Port Salim lodestone to recharge anything you might need.

Cannon isn't necessary anymore.

Pick up noted herbs as they drop, and when your inven starts to get full, drop herb piles that are less than the value of a frost bone to maximize profit / inv space.

You may want to follow the above rule for charms as well. I personally have been collecting blue and crim charms in preperation for my next summoning run, and am using the metric of a crim charm = 1k and blue charm = 2.5k.

Mr%20Speaker.png