Xbox One discussion

Kolty

Imo $100 has always been a lot of money. People that think $100 isn't a lot are rich people. I still will buy the Xbox One but only next summer as there's always problems when new consoles come out, just gives them time to fix the issues.

nobody said that they can't afford it, just that saying that $100 doesn't matter is dishonest and dictating what poor people should or shouldn't buy is a little bit classist

times $100 has been "nominal and irrelevant" to people who aren't actual millionaires:

I never called anyone poor. Affording something isn't as based on your actual income class as it is managing your finances. I'm not even close to a hundred-thousandaire let alone a millionaire but $100 has become nominal to me in purchases such as this.

$100? Thats like 2 more games that you actually want instead of unwanted hardware bundled with the system

That's really what it boils down to, and it's a pretty significant edge for the PS4 if you're on the fence.

I mean, if I could easily afford both, I'd still rather spend it on the console and a game or two than on the console and an add-on I'm never going to use.

And we circle back to my original point, I'm ignoring the $100 and purchasing the console that fits my needs best which I feel is the XBox One. I play Halo, I want Destiny (I know not an exclusive), Titanfall, etc. So the the price tag is easily swallowed for those games. In addition my fiancee uses the kinect quite a bit on the 360, so at least someone will use it.

$100? Thats like 2 more games that you actually want instead of unwanted hardware bundled with the system

In Canada that's only one game as they are almost $70 each here.

You guys get so ridiculously screwed, I work for a company that has branches in the USA and Canada selling products, unless one of our vendors has a supply house in Canada where our Canadian branches can purchase it, we purchase it here in the states, ship it over. And due to the costs to get it across the border, we take the USA Price and put it on a multiplier by x1.35 to make the Canadian price.

You guys get so ridiculously screwed, I work for a company that has branches in the USA and Canada selling products, unless one of our vendors has a supply house in Canada where our Canadian branches can purchase it, we purchase it here in the states, ship it over. And due to the costs to get it across the border, we take the USA Price and put it on a multiplier by x1.35 to make the Canadian price.

Lol, that x1.35 really does fit the price difference.

• 4 weeks later...

You Canadians ain't getting screwed at all compared to Europeans, or well, at least Estonians. New games here are €70 or €64. Which is close to a bloody hundred bucks.

And anyways, Europe has always been more of a Playstation territory, except for maybe UK. Playstation territory, as in better selections of games, accessories, and hardware.

t3aGt.png

So I've noticed this thread's regulars all follow similar trends.

RPG is constantly dealing with psycho exes.

Muggi reminds us of the joys of polygamy.

Saq is totally oblivious to how much chicks dig him.

I strike out every other week.

Kalphite wages a war against the friend zone.

Randox pretty much stays rational.

Etc, etc