Xbox One discussion

Kolty

It's not required to be plugged in... but still required to be bought, which is a pretty cheap move if you ask me.

Unfinished netherrack symbol of Khorne.

Never forget. ~creeper face w/single tear~

DO YOU HEAR THE VOICES TOO?!?!

• 2 weeks later...

Apparently lost it so badly, that everyone in Europe who preorders also gets free Fifa 14.

Must really suck for them. But anyways my brother has already preordered PS4.

t3aGt.png

So I've noticed this thread's regulars all follow similar trends.

RPG is constantly dealing with psycho exes.

Muggi reminds us of the joys of polygamy.

Saq is totally oblivious to how much chicks dig him.

I strike out every other week.

Kalphite wages a war against the friend zone.

Randox pretty much stays rational.

Etc, etc

I know I'm in the minority but I pre-ordered an XBox One for one simple fact. Call of Duty and Call of Duty Championships on XBox One. It comes down to this, COD is a passion of mine and I have a very strong competitive drive. Now while the elite of the elite play on PC, the talent pool is very very small. With the majority of money tournaments being on the XBox in the USA for COD, it draws a much bigger base, thus a larger talent pool, and in the end more competition. I'm also looking forward to Destiny, Halo, and Titanfall. While I know the concerns folks have over the Kinect and the like, it's something I'm taking in stride to enjoy the next-generation of consoles. A PS4 is definitely in my future though, but probably not for about a year until after release.

It's a better launch day line-up than the PS4, you have to concede that.

PS4 titles[hide]Assassin’s Creed IV: Black Flag

Battlefield 4

Blacklight: Retribution

Call of Duty: Ghosts

DC Universe Online

DriveClub

FIFA 14

Just Dance 2014

Killzone Shadow Fall

Knack

Lego Marvel Super Heroes

Madden NFL 25

Minecraft

NBA 2K14

NBA Live 14

Need for Speed: Rivals

The PlayRoom

Resogun

Skylanders: Swap Force

Tiny Brains

Warframe

War Thunder

Watch Dogs[/hide]

Ps4 Exclusives[hide]Blacklight: Retribution

DC Universe Online

DriveClub

Killzone Shadow Fall

Knack

Minecraft

The PlayRoom

Resogun

Tiny Brains

Warframe

War Thunder[/hide]

Xbox One

[hide]Assassin’s Creed IV: Black Flag

Battlefield 4

Crimson Dragon

Dead Rising 3

FIFA 14

Fighter Within

Forza Motorsport 5

Just Dance 2014

Killer Instinct

Lego Marvel Super Heroes

LocoCycle

Madeen NFL 25

NBA 2K14

NBA Live 14

Peggle 2

Powerstar Golf

Ryse: Son of Rome

Watch Dogs

Zoo Tycoon

Zumba Fitness: World Party[/hide]

Xbox One Exclusives

[hide]Crimson Dragon

Dead Rising 3

Fighter Within

Forza Motorsport 5

Killer Instinct

LocoCycle

Peggle 2

Powerstar Golf

Zoo Tycon

I would hardly call that a decisive victory.

hzvjpwS.gif

FIFA 14 for free is a puller in Europe, is more what I was referring to. Obviously not so much in the US. It consistently appears in the charts for sales, throughout the year, so to get it for free is a big deal here.

http://www.gamespot....-kinect-6413776

Microsoft: "Absolutely no plans" to release Xbox One without Kinect

By Eddie Makuch, News Editor

Phil Spencer squashes possibility of Kinect-less bundle of upcoming next-generation console.

Microsoft has reiterated that it has no plans to release the Xbox One without Kinect.

Corporate vice president Phil Harrison told Metro in a new interview that Kinect is a core component of the next-generation console.

"Absolutely no plans at all," Harrison said when asked if a Kinect-free bundle may be offered. "We think Kinect is an integral part of our platform. All of the magical experiences that you get, both as a games-player and also the way you navigate the system are made even more amazing because of Kinect."

Harrison said that because every Xbox One console will come with Kinect, developers can design projects for the "widest possible install base."

Last week at Gamescom, Harrison said there is no differentiation between Xbox One and Kinect. The two systems are one, he said.

"Xbox One is Kinect," Harrison said at the time. "They are not separate systems. An Xbox One has chips, it has memory, it has Blu-ray, it has Kinect, it has a controller. These are all part of the platform ecosystem."

Microsoft has said that the Xbox One will launch this November for $499/€499/£429/A$599.

Sarg1010: "Absolutely no plans" to buy an Xbox One with Kinect.

this is wear i put on my weird neckbeard and smug smirk and say "ahem i think you'll find many so called `exvlusives on ` that pS4 list are not ACTUALLY exclusives"

p c gaming master raece

If you're implying that a lot of PS4 releases get a PC release too...so do xbox games. Makes no sense to compare PC to either console in that regard. >_>''

hzvjpwS.gif

Not sure what people expect MS to do about Kinect. It's like asking Nintendo back in 2006 to release a new handheld device with one, touch-less screen, or asking Samsung now to release a new mobile that only calls and texts.

I'm no fan of Kinect, especially not the way it's been awkwardly integrated. It's just that asking for its removal is an irrelevant request. If you don't like it, fine, it's not really there for you in the first place, because there's plenty else on offer which is designed to appeal to you. If you disagree with that, get a PS4.

this is wear i put on my weird neckbeard and smug smirk and say "ahem i think you'll find many so called `exvlusives on ` that pS4 list are not ACTUALLY exclusives"

p c gaming master raece

If you're implying that a lot of PS4 releases get a PC release too...so do xbox games. Makes no sense to compare PC to either console in that regard. >_>''

i was mostly joking but from the looks of it not really. zoo tycoon i guess is the only xbox exclusive that's on the pc, compared to 5 ps4 ones.

though ps4 definitely looks to have the better exclusives.

FBqTDdL.jpg

sleep like dead men

wake up like dead men

I'm no fan of Kinect, especially not the way it's been awkwardly integrated. It's just that asking for its removal is an irrelevant request. If you don't like it, fine, it's not really there for you in the first place, because there's plenty else on offer which is designed to appeal to you. If you disagree with that, get a PS4.

Did you happen to work at Microsoft a month or two ago before jumping ship to a different sinking ship of a company? Becuase by that logic, I guess a ton of people are going to get a PS4 then... Since there are very few people that want to spend an extra $100 for something that they won't ever use. That's why people don't like it being forced onto buyers.

And what are these other things that are designed to appeal to me? Being able to watch TV on my TV? Not having enough space on my harddrive to download a game I just bought?

Did you happen to work at Microsoft a month or two ago before jumping ship to a different sinking ship of a company? Becuase by that logic, I guess a ton of people are going to get a PS4 then... Since there are very few people that want to spend an extra $100 for something that they won't ever use. That's why people don't like it being forced onto buyers.

Yeah, you're right. I mean, I'm so far up Microsoft's ass on the Xbone that, as you say, "a month or two ago", I posted this:

[hide=]

It hasn't changed my plans for the next gen, and I wasn't going to buy an Xbox One in the first place. There's other issues running against it; it's also £90 more expensive that its closest rival, and the games look like they'll be astronomically priced. Given you're forced to take the Kinect along with it, I'm not sure if I'm getting a decent value for money there. The fact DRM (or lack thereof) is even an issue to be discussed remains an embarrassment for MS while neither Sony or Nintendo were interested in even entertaining the idea.

[/hide]

My point is: Kinect is staying. Like it or lump it. I've decided to lump it, but whining it about as if you secretly want MS to change their mind is a useless expense of time and effort. It's far, far, far too late for MS to possibly go back on the Kinect now, so it's futile even imagining they would. Buy a Wii-U, buy a PS4, buy one of those fancy cards for long-term RS membership... whatever. Move on.

Has anyone here actually pre-ordered one system or the other?

Neither. But then apparently I worked at MS a month or two ago, so I don't need to. Job benefits. ;)

Pre-ordered PS4 and Watch Dogs long ago. PS4 pre-orders are now sold out in Europe and NA though. Anyone who pre-orders now has to wait until Batch 2 arrives (unknown arrival date at this point)

65495229.png

With love to one, friendship to many, and good will to all.

Pre-ordered PS4 and Watch Dogs long ago. PS4 pre-orders are now sold out in Europe and NA though. Anyone who pre-orders now has to wait until Batch 2 arrives (unknown arrival date at this point)

I'll probably end up getting a PS4 when I see how colossally Halo 5 falls on its' face haha.

Kimberly, on 27 Aug 2013 - 3:26 PM, said:

'Ginger_Warrior', on 27 Aug 2013 - 1:28 PM, said:

It's a better launch day line-up than the PS4, you have to concede that.

PS4 titles[hide]Assassin’s Creed IV: Black Flag

Battlefield 4

Blacklight: Retribution

DC Universe Online

DriveClub

FIFA 14

Just Dance 2014

Killzone Shadow Fall

Knack

Lego Marvel Super Heroes

Madden NFL 25

Minecraft

NBA 2K14

NBA Live 14

The PlayRoom

Resogun

Tiny Brains

Warframe

War Thunder

Watch Dogs[/hide]

Ps4 Exclusives[hide]Blacklight: Retribution

DC Universe Online

DriveClub

Killzone Shadow Fall

Knack

Minecraft

The PlayRoom

Resogun

Tiny Brains

Warframe

War Thunder[/hide]

Xbox One

[hide]Assassin’s Creed IV: Black Flag

Battlefield 4

Crimson Dragon

Dead Rising 3

FIFA 14

Fighter Within

Forza Motorsport 5

Just Dance 2014

Killer Instinct

Lego Marvel Super Heroes

LocoCycle

Madeen NFL 25

NBA 2K14

NBA Live 14

Peggle 2

Powerstar Golf

Watch Dogs

Zoo Tycoon

Xbox One Exclusives

[hide]Crimson Dragon

Dead Rising 3

Fighter Within

Forza Motorsport 5

Killer Instinct

LocoCycle

Peggle 2

Powerstar Golf

Zoo Tycon

I would hardly call that a decisive victory.

Logged in for the first time in like 11 months just to say that Minecraft is not a PS4 exclusive. It's currently the most sold game on Xbox or something in the last 6 months+? + It's kind of been on PC for a while..

553VriC.png?1

Logged in for the first time in like 11 months just to say that Minecraft is not a PS4 exclusive. It's currently the most sold game on Xbox or something in the last 6 months+? + It's kind of been on PC for a while..

That list was copied from wikipedia at the time, I think. You are of course right. That should be in the PS4 title column (because it will be a title released on the ps4 now that xbox exclusivity has expired).

Just a matter of someone putting it in the wrong column and I didn't catch it.

hzvjpwS.gif

At the end of the day, I feel a lot of the debate over which is better PS4 vs XBox One or even the current generation is futile. My thoughts come down to how I feel about the whole iOS vs. Android debate, pick which one fits your needs and wants best. From a basic hardware standpoint sure each has it's advantages and disadvantage but at the end of the day you're the one that has to be happy with your choice, no one else. Price isn't even a factor at that point because when you're talking about spending $400-$500 really the difference is nominal and irrelevant to the actual decision you're making.

I'd have agreed with that argument perhaps five years ago, but $100 is a massive difference in current times, when working people are experiencing falls in their wages, especially when you consider just how many consoles aren't actually purchased by the people who play them, but by parents. I don't think it's "futile" at all to palm the price difference off as an irrelevance.

Money and pricing is usually the most relevant thing you can ever discuss, not only in life generally, but especially in a business environment as competitive as the video games industry.

If you can't afford a $500 console, you shouldn't be buying a $400 console. The $100 is nominal and irrelevant. If that is what turns you off to buying a console you can't afford it in the first place. You, obviously isn't specifically saying you as a person but a broad generalization.

nobody said that they can't afford it, just that saying that $100 doesn't matter is dishonest and dictating what poor people should or shouldn't buy is a little bit classist

times $100 has been "nominal and irrelevant" to people who aren't actual millionaires:

• Like 1

FBqTDdL.jpg

sleep like dead men

wake up like dead men