Tweaks they NEED to add..

Wkw

I feel like I'm now obligated to train 99 range and dbow you lot all day to prove a point lol.

"I've never been killed by a PJer" just means "I haven't spent a lot of time in the wilderness risking a decent amount"

There are no evasive actions you can take, if you are in a fight and make your enemy eat a few times, you can and almost always will be rushed, ruining your fight and often killing you as you're on relatively low life points while your enemy eats. If you see them you can safe up and pray, but this also ruins your fight.

Really though it's kind of ridiculous to not want this from a none rushing perspective. I'll say it again, it looks good on paper but in practical terms the current system is very frustrating and unfun. If you were to write an efficient PKing guide at the moment it would be "Dbow or gmaul rush people that are in fights with low hitpoints then tele away."

Once again you just made assumptions instead of arguing my points. If you frequently die to PJers, then YOU'RE the problem. Again, feel free to explain how a dbower can PJ me if:

1) there arent any dbowers around me in the first place

2) my friends are keeping them occupied

If you were smart, you did NOT PK in world 18

77yLQy8.png

"Get people to fight you on random worlds" - What a waste of time, what a horrible situation you must put yourself because the combat system is flawed and you have to hide from rushers. Many people will refuse to waste their time and hop to another world to fight you once or twice.

"Get friends to protect you from PJers" - You must have some good friends to protect you for hours at a time, mostly ineffective too as a dbower can just run up and spec you from nowhere at any time. Another huge waste of (other people's) time to get around the system being flawed.

I think a better way to tackle this would be for you to present a reason why a PJ timer SHOULDN'T be added other than "change is bad". Ineffectual impractical ways to get around it not really convincing me that no change is necessary.

CNqWHdA.jpg

"Get people to fight you on random worlds" - What a waste of time, what a horrible situation you must put yourself because the combat system is flawed and you have to hide from rushers. Many people will refuse to waste their time and hop to another world to fight you once or twice.

Who said I convinced people to hop worlds? There were always about 5 people around my level in every world.

"Get friends to protect you from PJers" - You must have some good friends to protect you for hours at a time, mostly ineffective too as a dbower can just run up and spec you from nowhere at any time. Another huge waste of (other people's) time to get around the system being flawed.

Yup, my friends enjoyed PK'ing as much as I did. Part of the fun was scaring off the cowards who rush or attack RCers between the "real" fights.

I think a better way to tackle this would be for you to present a reason why a PJ timer SHOULDN'T be added other than "change is bad". Ineffectual impractical ways to get around it not really convincing me that no change is necessary.

I'm not saying it shouldn't be added. I'm just saying you're making mountains out of molehills and your arguments are weak. The fact that you call my solutions "ineffectual" and "impractical" again reinforce my belief that you're the one with limited experience from this era of Runescape. I fought hundreds, if not thousands, of players from 2005-2008, both as a tank and as a pure, and never had any problems with PJers. Again, the system isn't flawed; it is what it is. You have to learn to adapt. Just because you "shouldn't have to" adapt doesn't change the fact that you do have to adapt.

77yLQy8.png

That's just not true. There are not 5 people of every combat range in every world. You're lucky to find 1 noob that doesn't know what the proper PK worlds are, or you'll find 2 guys that have hopped specifically to fight each other. In my experience people tend to not fight again after a few fights (myself included) so you need lots of opponents for variety. No, you can not rely on coincidentally finding someone like you in a random world.

Friends protecting you is very impractical. I know what you mean, i often PK in the same area as friends and if one of us happened to not be in a fight and saw someone about to rush we'd stop them, but we're usually in our own fights or looking for one, or just don't see the rusher. You can't rely on this.

I really don't feel like i'm exaggerating here. You're rushed in about 33% of all fights and going to other worlds is seriously NOT an option, i don't know how on earth you got that into your head...

CNqWHdA.jpg

I remember when the wilderness was a place people went to get items from killing other people. Not a place where people asked before they fought you.

Really lame.

Anyway, you should just be glad you weren't around in RSC. People could PJ you instantly and you'd be stuck for 3 rounds of combat before you could even eat :)

And that really was not looked down upon (it was slightly, but not nearly in the same way that people cry about PJers today)

I don't think you're making connection, in rsc YES you could attack instantly *ONLY* when someone ran away, but you COULD NOT hit someone (with melee) that was already in combat.

"already in combat"

became a very lose term post rsc BECAUSE of this eating twice issue.

And anyway, If i remember correctly, people that pjed on a populated world in rsc were ranged down in a few seconds. (atleast my clan did the instant we saw anyone do it)

i don't play psykick anymore... i play 2ed: "pure fett"

26081 to get 99 herblore

I was talking about RS back in 2007. But if in 07scape like you say people ONLY PK in the official world then I see your point. Though I imagine as time goes on there will be more people in random worlds as abyss rc'ing becomes more common

That's just not true. There are not 5 people of every combat range in every world. You're lucky to find 1 noob that doesn't know what the proper PK worlds are, or you'll find 2 guys that have hopped specifically to fight each other. In my experience people tend to not fight again after a few fights (myself included) so you need lots of opponents for variety. No, you can not rely on coincidentally finding someone like you in a random world.

Friends protecting you is very impractical. I know what you mean, i often PK in the same area as friends and if one of us happened to not be in a fight and saw someone about to rush we'd stop them, but we're usually in our own fights or looking for one, or just don't see the rusher. You can't rely on this.

I really don't feel like i'm exaggerating here. You're rushed in about 33% of all fights and going to other worlds is seriously NOT an option, i don't know how on earth you got that into your head...

Someone should really just set up a good clan chat for alternative pk worlds and to get dms/risk fights/ect. I personally love dm's but I don't have many friends who are also pkers and random kids always pull something funny.

BTW for those looking for other worlds to pk in, try w6 and w9. As a pure I find a lot of people on these worlds at times and there's a LOT less lag compaired to w2.

yaay_1_def.png

siggy2.png