Tweaks they NEED to add..

Wkw

Akin to the usability updates.. what are somethings you think they really need to add?

For me, number one, add-X to compost bins..

Runescape player since 2005
Ego Sum Deus Quo Malum Caligo et Barathum

An even 30 spaces for the inventory is always something I wanted for no good reason.

But the ability to use Clan chat in 07scape.

29386_s.gif

"Goals dont have a deadline." -xxxgod quoting Lady Shahdie

[slayer "Essentials"][click pic for main blog][click quote for mini blog][Worthwhile Auras]

Bank tabs

This, search bank too and deposit all.

Also - JAG.

'Rock Hard' boss pure - 60/60 Attack | 99/99 Range | 1/1 Defence | 44/44 Prayer | 99/99 Strength | 99/99 Mage - level 79 combat EOC

## '07 Server ## "Best Runescape update ever: Removing 6 years of updates."

Rock_Hard.png

"Warning: If you are reading this then this warning is for you. Every word you read of this useless fine print is another second off your life. Don't you have other things to do? Is your life so empty that you honestly can't think of a better way to spend these moments? Or are you so impressed with authority that you give respect and credence to all that claim it? Do you read everything you're supposed to read? Do you think every thing you're supposed to think? Buy what you're told to want? Get out of your apartment. Meet a member of the opposite sex. Stop the excessive shopping and masturbation. Quit your job. Start a fight. Prove you're alive. If you don't claim your humanity you will become a statistic. You have been warned- Tyler"

An even 30 spaces for the inventory is always something I wanted for no good reason.

But the ability to use Clan chat in 07scape.

I'm against 30 spaces. If just because it isn't in the current game.

Clan chat is needed, too. I feel alienateds from my clan because I'm the only one playing goodscape

Bank tabs, Sacrifice-X on a POH altar, and that update in 2008ish that improved cannon mechanics.

And thank god they're updating the pathing mechanics. Sick of the old monster tango.

Yes

Bank tabs

This, search bank too and deposit all.

Also - JAG.

Jag.. they shouldn't have implemented osr WITHOUT JAG, imho

Better equipment switching. It's really buggy at the moment and makes equipping your spec weapon or armour very difficult or at best unreliable.

Oh and visible health, run energy and prayer would be useful, as would quick prayers. Not NEEDED, but would be very nice.

Path finding was the biggest one and I'm glad to see they're going to fix it.

EDIT: What is JAG? I've heard of Jagex Account Guardian or something but I don't know what it does or how it could possibly be useful.

Oh and yeah I support bank tabs (as well as just MORE bank space... Feel kinda restricted with this tiny maximum allowance) . While we're on the subject "Remove all but 1" would be useful too!

CNqWHdA.jpg

The way equipment switching works is, you have to change attack style/spec after the weapon has "officially" been equipped. If you're weilding a dds on aggressive and click whip and accurate too fast, the game will show that accurate is selected for whip, but in reality it's still on controlled. Gotta wait for the whip to be equipped before switching styles.

Lots of people don't realize this and end up getting def XP on their pures after using a DDS spec on aggressive

77yLQy8.png

The way equipment switching works is, you have to change attack style/spec after the weapon has "officially" been equipped. If you're weilding a dds on aggressive and click whip and accurate too fast, the game will show that accurate is selected for whip, but in reality it's still on controlled. Gotta wait for the whip to be equipped before switching styles.

Lots of people don't realize this and end up getting def XP on their pures after using a DDS spec on aggressive

That's not what i meant, I mean if you click the DDS just after your whip hits the enemy, it often won't register and you'll still be wielding whip. This is much worse when you're equipping like 5 pieces of mage armour and selecting a spell to cast all before the next attack tick, most of the clicks won't register.

CNqWHdA.jpg

What is JAG? I've heard of Jagex Account Guardian or something but I don't know what it does or how it could possibly be useful.

The replacement of recovery questions. You give five answers to five different questions. Once they're in place, when you log in, it sends you an e-mail, and from your e-mail you open up a form where you have to answer three, at random, of those questions in order to gain access. If you answer all three questions correctly, you can set that IP address as a "known device" so that you no longer have to go through the process.

In short, only you can access your account.

You could, in theory, give out your password and people wouldn't be able to access your in-game account. They would be able to get you banned through the forums and things, and it could be annoying if they keep on changing it, but they can't actually access your items unless they can access your e-mail account and know the answer to three of your questions. Best thing to do is make it gibberish and write it down.

Personally I think bank tabs is too large to be a 'tweak' or 'usability' update. I think visible run/prayer/hp is also a game-changer, and wouldn't want that. Same with offer 'x' on POH altars.

Noting harvests I'm ok with. (Is this a contradictory stand? I'm not sure...)

I'd really like right click 'kills left' on slayer gems. That one really irks me.

Tbh a side worry with bank tabs and the like, is that they'd reimplement the weird bank behaviour where it's hard to drag things around, hard to withdraw multiple things quickly, and where if you withdraw all of an item, its space gets swallowed up.

LgEZt.png

Tbh a side worry with bank tabs and the like, is that they'd reimplement the weird bank behaviour where it's hard to drag things around, hard to withdraw multiple things quickly, and where if you withdraw all of an item, its space gets swallowed up.

Mod Ash said they want to specifically work out that kink in the bank tab system before they implement it (if they ever get the resources to).

• Like 1

6Ij0n.jpg

In real life MMO you don't get 99 smithing by making endless bronze daggers.

Clicking the compass to go north, and the ability to change camera angles via scroll wheel are my two biggest complaints.

Can run a script to use the mouse wheel and the cursor position to activate the appropriate arrow keys. Let me know if you're interested.

What is JAG? I've heard of Jagex Account Guardian or something but I don't know what it does or how it could possibly be useful.

The replacement of recovery questions. You give five answers to five different questions. Once they're in place, when you log in, it sends you an e-mail, and from your e-mail you open up a form where you have to answer three, at random, of those questions in order to gain access. If you answer all three questions correctly, you can set that IP address as a "known device" so that you no longer have to go through the process.

In short, only you can access your account.

You could, in theory, give out your password and people wouldn't be able to access your in-game account. They would be able to get you banned through the forums and things, and it could be annoying if they keep on changing it, but they can't actually access your items unless they can access your e-mail account and know the answer to three of your questions. Best thing to do is make it gibberish and write it down.

It doesn't register an IP. If it registered an IP, 99% of home users who shut off their internet daily would have to reactivate JAG every day. It registers a PC.

I can register JAG on my desktop, but if I log in from my laptop on the same IP, I'd have to register it.

I'd really like right click 'kills left' on slayer gems. That one really irks me.

That's going to be added.

Source?

It doesn't register an IP. If it registered an IP, 99% of home users who shut off their internet daily would have to reactivate JAG every day. It registers a PC.

I can register JAG on my desktop, but if I log in from my laptop on the same IP, I'd have to register it.

But if you go to log on from somewhere else, you'll have to register again. Even from the same computer/laptop.

But if you go to log on from somewhere else, you'll have to register again. Even from the same computer/laptop.

This is most certainly not true. I play on my laptop on my campus, at home, at friend's house, etc. I only registered my JAG once. I Imagine it takes into account your MAC address which is unique to your actual machine, in the hardware - which never changes (some circumstances aside, but for the most part it doesn't change, or if it does it is very rare.)

On topic:

I don't think prayer orb, health orb, etc should be added - those are major changes to the system and to combat, although they seem minor. Someone who is PK'ing must have much more skill/be faster at switching interfaces to keep track of prayer points and hp while eating, specing, potting etc.

Bank tabs is something I'd love to see. It doesn't change the gameplay that much, if at all - it only helps me in my semi-compulsive desire to have my bank always organized.

That's going to be added.

Source?

http://services.runescape.com/m=rswiki/en/DevBlog:Third_Old_School_RuneScape_Content_Poll

Meanwhile, we’ve been trawling your threads to gather a poll’s worth of ideas that we can implement without needing to drop any more work on the game engine guys.

Add a right-click option to the Slayer gem so that you can check your progress on your Slayer assignment more conveniently.

Birdd-1.png

[spoiler=Levels]Birdd.png