Bossing/Maxing Help!

Dfm37

Hey everyone, RTM Dan here, just call me Dan. So basically I've made a return to Runescape, but, as many, I quit before the EoC and have essentially no idea what's going on. I spam the hell out of abilities, or just use momentum. But anyway, to the crux of the matter, I wish to max out my account in the long run, but to do this I need money, and I figure that money will come from bossing. I'm currently dunging for another chaotic, and I'll leave pictures of my bank/stats. Also don't have curses. Any advice on what I should do next, what bosses are good nowadays, etc, is greatly appreciated! Thanks.

Pic of Bank

757f.png

Stats as of 27 June

31c.png

You don't really have the stats (apart from 99 magic) to survive at any of the major bosses such as GWD and KK. However, even with 99 magic, I don't think you'll be able to blood barrage and soulsplit bandos in void or 5M gear.

What I would suggest is Tormented Demons. Get yourself a chaotic staff and another melee weapon and take them on in void. They're incredibly fast money and can be done without being maxed combat.

09144a99bb.png

I haven't done TDs in sooo long with anything other then Drygores but I believe most would suggest a maul unless using drygore? Hopefully someone can/will correct me on that. The only people that I know of that do TDs like it our religion are me and my brother, JJ, but I'll ask him when he comes back online.

09144a99bb.png

I haven't done TDs in sooo long with anything other then Drygores but I believe most would suggest a maul unless using drygore? Hopefully someone can/will correct me on that. The only people that I know of that do TDs like it our religion are me and my brother, JJ, but I'll ask him when he comes back online.

Cclaws are better than a maul because of the extra crit but the difference is so small that if you have a maul already it's not worth it to get one. Also I would think that the extra click for switching to melee would get tiresome...

You may be able to barrage Bandos if you use ahrims. Try it if you like but don't get your hopes up.

witchynosaur.png

Armadyl Drops : 4 Hilts; 3 Chestplates; 2 Chainskirts; 1 Helmet; 1 Buckler; 2 Shard 1; 2 Shard 2; 1 Shard 3

Nex : 1 Zaryte Bow

Kalphite King : 1 Drygore Rapier ; 1 Drygore Longsword : 1 Drygore Offhand Rapier : 1 Drygore Offhand Longsword

Could maybe barrage in ganodermic

best drops (reasonably accurate/up to date): 1x Elysian Sigil (LS), 1x Arcane Sigil (cs), 4x Armadyl Hilt (solo at 100m, 100m, 50m, and 5m), 2x Saradomin Hilt (solo at 25m), 5x Draconic Visage (34m,1.2m,1.2m) and various cs/ls/ffa Nex splits.
Drygore Drops: 7 Longswords, 3 Maces, 3 Rapiers, 3 Off-hand Rapiers,  5 Off-hand Maces, 3 Off-hand Longswords

ROTS Shields: 12  Seismics: 16

Ascension Crossbows: 6  Spider Legs: 10

Countless Armadyl armour pieces, Saradomin amulets, Dragon Hatchets, and Fremenik Rings.
Range~Herblore~Construction~Constitution~Defence~Farming~Magic~Attack~Prayer~Strength~Summoning~Slayer~Mining~Dungeoneering~Firemaking~Agility~Magic Mastery~Summoning Mastery~Cooking~Smithing~Fletching~Thieving~Hunter~Woodcutting~Fishing~Runecrafting

You don't really have the stats (apart from 99 magic) to survive at any of the major bosses such as GWD and KK. However, even with 99 magic, I don't think you'll be able to blood barrage and soulsplit bandos in void or 5M gear.

What I would suggest is Tormented Demons. Get yourself a chaotic staff and another melee weapon and take them on in void. They're incredibly fast money and can be done without being maxed combat.

The fact that he's 77 prayer doesn't help either.

You should really focus on skills that will help you make money. If you want to PVM for your cash then get to AT LEAST 92 prayer, if not 95.

Tg_Ibe.png

So currently im dunging for chaotic staff and using that to qbd cash for 92 prayer (for now, once I get more money, will upgrade to 95) That about right? Cstaff is just a long time goal i've had so i'll get that, then anything else you guys suggest.

The fact that he's 77 prayer doesn't help either.

You should really focus on skills that will help you make money. If you want to PVM for your cash then get to AT LEAST 92 prayer, if not 95.

From my POV, the only skills that will help you make money are:

99 all combat + summoning

95 pray

96 herblore

The problem is, summoning, prayer and herblore are pretty much money sinks.

Aside from the mentioned skills, fishing, mining and hunting do make money, but at such slow rates that you are better away doing something else. Farming is a joke ever since warbanders decided they can stay @ 40 mining forever and all took herblore.

The correct course of action is to take a month off RS:

1. Enable the gp duping making machine named MtK

2. Only log in for PoP, stack up trade resources

When you come back, collect duped gp and craft stuff from stacked trade goods.

Then, train the aforementioned skills. When you have them, you can make money and buy the rest of the skills, including fishing, mining and hunting.

savormix.gif
R.I.P. oO000oO0oO00, RS2 range pure transformed to a maxed PvM char in EoC, ten years of time completely wasted.
Good to be gone :)

Isn't that quite stupid? That the best way to play rs is to not play it?

And even worse: that for a game so build around skilling skilling itself is not the means to become better - but only the verification that you have become stronger? Really RS3 should fix this and make sure that skills themself are good (and quite frankly not only at high levels).

• Like 1
First they came to fishing

and I didn't speak out because I wasn't fishing

Then they came to the yews

and I didn't speak out because I didn't cut yews

Then they came for the ores

and I didn't speak out because I didn't collect ores

Then they came for me

and there was no one left to speak out for me.

And even worse: that for a game so build around skilling skilling itself is not the means to become better - but only the verification that you have become stronger? Really RS3 should fix this and make sure that skills themself are good (and quite frankly not only at high levels).

Well, from an efficiency standpoint it is better not to play a game and only play when you can maximize xp/h or gp/h.

On the other hand, if you manage to have fun in absolutely every part of RS...

savormix.gif
R.I.P. oO000oO0oO00, RS2 range pure transformed to a maxed PvM char in EoC, ten years of time completely wasted.
Good to be gone :)

Yeah, I think that was pretty dumb. He said he wants to go bossing as well. Slay for a month training all your combat skills and collecting charms while doing ports and MtK, then begin skilling.

Tg_Ibe.png

Well, from an efficiency standpoint it is better not to play a game and only play when you can maximize xp/h or gp/h.

On the other hand, if you manage to have fun in absolutely every part of RS...

That only applies only game time is considered. It's extremely inefficient to do dailies and log out unless you occupy yourself with something more productive than RuneScape in your spare time.