Kalphite King - September 7th (1PM EST, 5PM GMT)

tmht-banner.png

The Kalphite King

Coinshare - Saturday, September 7th

Time and Date

Date: Saturday, September 7th

Time:

• GMT: 5:00 PM
  • US Eastern: 1:00 PM
  • US Central: 12:00 PM
  • US Mountain: 11:00 AM
  • US Pacific: 10:00 AM
  • Australia/ACT: 3:00 AM

World: The world will be specified right before we start

Host: @Levells

Friends chat: Levells

Co-hosts: TBD

[pending]gra_1378573200[/pending]

Server and Location

•  

We will meet outside the entrance to the Kalphite King. We recommend clearing the blocked passage prior to the event, so that unnecessary health is not lost. Depending on attendance, we may need to split into multiple parties, so be sure to listen to the hosts. Their instructions are important and should not be ignored.

GETTING THERE

There are three main routes to the exiled kalphite hive, noted below and colour coded on the map:

Bandit camp lodestone (green) - completion of the Desert treasure quest required.

Camulet teleport (purple) - completion of the Enakhra's lament quest required.

Jaldraocht teleport (blue) - requires a charged Pharoah's sceptre or Sceptre of the Gods.

JRoWqWk.png

Once inside the exiled kalphite hive proceed south along the tunnel and then north to reach the entrance to the kalphite king lair. The obstruction to the west of the entrance can be cleared to create a shortcut. This requires 23 agility to pass.

IAfTltD.png

SETTING UP

(Please note, these are sample gear/inventory from the last event/an old guide. Some tweaks, both to the Kalphite Kind and to armor/weapons, have occurred since. Use of the Void armor set is NOT recommended)

If this is your first time or you fear death, it's recommended to use a Unicorn/Bunyip instead of a Beast of Burden. If you choose to use a BoB, the Pack Pig (with 84 Summoning/Construction/Crafting) is non-aggressive. Using a Spirit Terrorbird or a War Tortoise may cause the Kalphite King to target you for normal attacks or even it's One Hit KO special.

Drygores/Ascensions are not required, chaotics now hit more often than upon KK's release. A range swap is advised for the Mage phase, as players will benefit from the accuracy and the ability to run away easier. If not ranging, an offhand is advised for anyone using a shield.

Melee is not mandatory, feel free to use whatever style you are most comfortable with or if you have higher level gear.

TANK

The tank takes the majority of the damage from the kalphite king. The tank wears high melee and ranged defence armour - this role should be taken by the highest level or most experienced player in the group. The tank draws aggression by using the provoke ability, the incite ability is not recommended. A shield is not required, however less experienced players can use it as a safety net in conjunction with shield abilities to reduce damage. Below is a sample action bar for a tank using dual drygore weapons.

oI8dByh.png

TANK SETUP

shq4dYl.png

Inventory shown: Overload flasks, prayer renewal flasks, super restore flasks, rocktails

Additional information: A pack yak or war tortoise familiar should be pre-summoned and filled with sharks or rocktails.

PROVOKER

The provoker is essentially a warrior with a shield. At least one is REQUIRED to kill the kalphite king. This class is used to save the tank from the instant-death attack, meaning it is a highly risky job. The shield should be worn during the melee and ranged phases and an off-hand weapon switch used during the magic phase. Seen below is a sample action bar for a provoker.

oI8dByh.png

PROVOKER SETUP

2i6Dhn3.png

Inventory shown: Overload flasks, prayer renewal flasks, super restore flasks, adrenaline flasks, rocktails, healing aura scrolls, off-hand weapon switch.

Additional information: A unicorn stallion familiar should be pre-summoned and use of its healing prioritised. The helm, gloves, and boots slots should be used to emphasise magic defence.

WARRIOR

The easiest role is that of the warrior. The kalphite king should never target a warrior, meaning that the void armour set and dual drygore weapons can be used to increase damage. Seen below is a sample action bar for a warrior using dual drygore weapons. A warrior's action bar should include the freedom and anticipation abilities to escape from stuns, with the rest of the action bar dedicated to dealing maximum damage.

28jgqej.png

WARRIOR SETUP

cM7ysu1.png

Inventory shown: Overload flasks, prayer renewal flasks, super restore flasks, adrenaline flasks, rocktails, healing aura scrolls.

Additional information: A unicorn stallion familiar should be pre-summoned and use of it's healing prioritised. The helm, gloves, and boots slots should be used to improve your weakest defence rating or boost damage (GWD/Nex armor)

INFORMATION ABOUT THE KALPHITE KING

Melee - As shown by ORANGE wings. There are 3 attacks, as follows.

1: Standard attack,This attack has a bleeding attack similar to Slaughter, dealing 3x damage when moving. This is possibly one of the most dangerous attacks as even with Protection prayers, players will find themselves being hit for 2000+ damage.

2: The King charges for a few seconds and then rushes forward, pushing everyone in the way into the wall. This attack, though melee, occurs in the melee and ranging phases. You can avoid this by simply running out of his path.

3: The king stomps and produces a shock wave. Players within the melee range will be hit and pushed back. In addition, their defence level will be reduced by a small amount

RANGE - As shown by GREEN wings. There are once again, 3 attacks, as follows.

1: The king will fire an attack that looks like KQ's ranged attack. This attack will cause a damage over time effect similar to the Fragmentation Shot ability, including taking 3x damage when moving. This attack is usually used together with the Stun Darts.

2: The king will fire stun darts at a group of players, which will have a chance to stun them. These stuns can last up to 20 seconds, and can prove fatal if the king switches phases.

3: The king fires an incendiary shot to everyone in range, which will explode after a few seconds that will hit for a massive damage of around 1000-3000 lp. This attack also drains your prayer. It can be blocked with barricade

MAGE - As shown by BLUE wings. There are only 2 atacks in this phase.

1: Blue Orbs, The king will shoot numerous blue energy circles to everyone in range for up to 3000 damage and possibly a stun. However, the circles will target on the ground instead of the player, so players can avoid damage by moving away before the circle lands.

2: Green Orbs, The king will launch some greenish-yellow circles at the players' squares that slowly levitate and explode. The circles will hit multiple players in range which can also stun them. This attack could be very fatal if the player is hit by multiple circles. If stunned, use freedom and run to evade these.

ONE HIT K.O- Here he aims for a player, and spits a ball of green gloop at them. This freezes them, and resets cooldown timer for freedom. If not prevented via a team mate, the king will one hit you. The way to save yourself from death, is have a teammte use the Provoke ability, followed by Resonance / Immortality / Barricade.

Digging - At random points, he will dig hiself into the ground, briefly disappearing from the battle. At this time, he is burrowing under the person who was tanking. Keep moving (preferably to an area clear of marauders), else if he re-surfaces, and you are on top of him, you can be hit for 1500 lp upwards.

Marauders - He also spawns Exiled Maruaders. This is unavoidable, who will hit you with magic attacks. When they spawn underneath you, you will be hit for roughly 500 lp per one that spawned underneath you.

Red Aura - The king will sometimes be engulfed inside a red aura, when this happens, any damage he deals will heal him. If he kills someone during this, it will heal him by 24000 lp. Just keep the pressure up, and stay alive.

GREEN AURA - The king will also sometimes engulf hiself in a green aura, during this time, any incoming damage will heal him, much like the Siphon stage of Nex's Blood phase. Simply stop attacking til the aura has gone.

Auras last between 5-10 seconds, but he may sometimes spam these auras. Keep your eyes out for them

Each phase is fairly easy, but is difficult to the unaware player. Be sure to watch the kings wings for your prayers, keep your health reletivly high, and keep up the damage. He may be the only boss to use ultimate attacks on you, but these can be avoided. Any damage over time abilities, you can stop by using the ability, Freedom.

This video is helpful for demonstrating the abilities of the King.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=NcTNHDblMjo[/url]

Requirements

There are no requirements, but we highly recommend having good equipment and armor. Level 70 equipment is likely the minimum, for Barrows, but lower levels may have some success. As always, we expect everyone to pull their weight.

There is a high chance of death, so attend at your own risk.

Friends Chat Ranks

• The Main host will be the Chat owner, or will have a Gold Star in the chat.
  • Silver stars are CO HOSTS.
  • Bronze Stars are other TMHT members.
  • Please note all three of these ranks will have the ability to kick members from chats, should we need to.
  • Players who wish to join the hunt can post on this thread, PM the host ingame, or join the chat before the event :) everyone will be added for coinshare so don't worry!
  • If you need assistance, feel free to Private message a Host/Co-host, or ask in the chat. All leaders are happy to help you with gear choices and inventory setups, should you be unsure of what to bring.

Hope to see you there!

Tanks/Provokers will (depending on group size) be decided shortly before the start. If there are any volunteers, feel free to PM me in-game or on here.

Is ranging or maging the Kalphite King something to consider? Would a warrior in just Bandos + Abyssal Whip be worth it to the team?

He spawns weak to magic, so magers would be useful. Ranging his magic form is easier/safer, as well.

If you're using an abby whip, I don't think you'll hit very often, though you might get lucky if he switches to range phase. Honestly, I don't know how much things have changed there. I haven't been since before all the updates/tweaks to him or weapons.

Don't let this discourage you from coming, though. If you can mage, that might work out better for you. It's easy enough to bank and change gear if things don't go as planned while meleeing. Also, if you have any experience tanking/provoking, you could opt to do that.

I think I'll be maging then. Wouldn't have the stats/experience to do them unfortunately. And sometimes my connection lags for up to 10 seconds so I would hate to be responsible for someones death. Here is what I'm bringing if anyone has suggestions:

Melee phase:

Full Robes of Subjugation

Staff of Light

Saradomin's Hiss

Seers' Ring (or Ring of Wealth if it helps)

Magic phase:

Full Armadyl

Armadyl crossbow + armadyl buckler + diamond bolts (e)

Ava's Accumulator

Saradomin's Murmur

Archers' Ring

Third phase:

Nothing :(

Also should I be using curses? (71 prayer)

Melee phase:

Full Robes of Subjugation

Staff of Light

Saradomin's Hiss

Seers' Ring (or Ring of Wealth if it helps)

Magic phase:

Full Armadyl

Armadyl crossbow + armadyl buckler + diamond bolts (e)

Ava's Accumulator

Saradomin's Murmur

Archers' Ring

Third phase:

Nothing :(

Also should I be using curses? (71 prayer)

You definitely want to minimize the number of swaps you do. An amulet of fury and a skillcape/obsidian cape would be better, as well as a 6th age circuit or berserker ring. Ring of Wealth doesn't do anything in lootshare

Unless you want to wear the acb/shield, you could grab a black salamander and the tar/ammo it uses for cheap. I'd also recommend melee type items for your boots/gloves/helm, not only to cut down on item swaps, but also to help your defense.

As far as prayers vs. curses goes, you don't have access to any stat boosting curses at that level and would be better off with prayers. If you've done King's Ransom and have Piety/etc, that's great, if not, then you can just use the next lowest stat booster.

Thanks, I'll definitely take your advice on board about minimising swaps as I have those items. Regarding the melee type items, seeing as the tank will be taking the majority of the damage and I'll be using blood spells I should focus on damage output instead? And if I need a buff to my defense would Ganodermic be acceptable? Regarding prayers, what about deflect curses?

Thanks for your advice and time Levells. This is my first boss (besides Giant Mole and Barrows) and I've been wanting to do something with the community for a while now. I've been watching the TMHT space for a little while now looking for something to join in with. Couldn't make Sara GWD because I missed out on 70 agility by a couple of hours. Thanks again.

You could choose to focus on dps, yes. As a general rule, I recommend defensive items over dps items for masses though, because things always seem to go wrong (One of the tanks died at Nex, she ended up chasing a random mage all around the room :P). Sheer number of people means it won't make much difference.

Like I said, banking is negligible, so you could start of w/ dps and see how that goes. I'd go with your subjugation for the other slots, if that's the case. If you need defense, gano would be a nice jump.

Deflects are nice at KK, because I'm pretty sure he's the only 1 of the 3 big bosses to actually take damage from them. However, that goes back to the lack of stat boosters. He has a defense level of 85, so at sub80 levels/weapons, you're going to want all the bonuses you can.

Those who have been active in the Battlefield might consider bringing warpriest robes with weapon switches. That should help minimize the number of armour needed for battle. Still, those who have access to tier 90 weaponry/armour should have no trouble with KK.

teemupets.png

Me behave? Seriously? As a child I saw Tarzan almost naked, Cinderella arrived home from a party after midnight, Pinocchio told lies, Aladdin was a thief, Batman drove over 200 miles an hour, Snow White lived in a house with seven men, Popeye smoked a pipe and had tattoos, Pacman ran around to digital music while eating pills that enhanced his performance, and Shaggy and Scooby were mystery solving hippies who always had the munchies. The fault is not mine! If you had this childhood and loved it put this in your signature!

im0arp.jpg

Being a complete and utter combat noob, I'd love to come along and get a little experience in combat with some others who are more familiar than I am.... however I do not want to put anyone at risk.

I do not have brilliant melee gear unfortunately and I have mediocre mage gear, what should I bring along for the fight? I should be able to get pretty much any items I may require if it comes to it :) besides as stated above I can always run back to the gravestone right? I am so used to having done combat before graves existed it's pretty low risk nowadays surely? if you can just run back and get your stuff?

And with the divination signs of respite can you not extend the grave timers anyway? (just have a few in bank waiting in case you die?) :D

Being a complete and utter combat noob, I'd love to come along and get a little experience in combat with some others who are more familiar than I am.... however I do not want to put anyone at risk.

I do not have brilliant melee gear unfortunately and I have mediocre mage gear, what should I bring along for the fight? I should be able to get pretty much any items I may require if it comes to it :) besides as stated above I can always run back to the gravestone right? I am so used to having done combat before graves existed it's pretty low risk nowadays surely? if you can just run back and get your stuff?

And with the divination signs of respite can you not extend the grave timers anyway? (just have a few in bank waiting in case you die?) :D

Unless things have changed (patch notes and player responses haven't told me otherwise), signs of respite were glitched and didn't work :/

You wouldn't be putting anyone at risk by coming.

Really, just bring your best gear of whatever style you can. It may not be "brilliant", but this is a mass. It's meant to be fun and a learning experience. Splits are a nice bonus :)