Retro Kits

onedaysoon

I'm sure theres been another thread about this idea in some form or another, but I thought I might as well post it anyway. For myself, and I'm sure a lot of others, one of the things that has noticeably had an adverse effect on the game were the skin updates for a lot of armour and weapons. I appreciate that it was necessary to change the look of these items with the evolution of combat coming, and the fact that some of the items really did look very outdated, and graphically simple. So the idea isn't to have them removed, rather have something added. The idea is for Retro Kits, which would work in the exact same way as a Dragonbone upgrade kit, or Fury Ornamental kit does. You use them on the item, and its appearance changes. Obviously this would be quite a demanding thing for Jagex to implement, with all of the graphical work that would need to be done to update the item skins to match the new overall appearance of the game, whilst keeping those original skins. However, if these Retro Kits were perhaps to be something that you could purchase from Solomon's (Personally I'm not a huge fan, but this is the only way I can see it being worth Jagex's while), at similar prices and quantities to Dragon Keepsake keys. 

Imagine being able to wear these again, Infinity_boots.png, or looking like this:

20110719173934!Pernix_set_equipped.png

Thoughts?

• Like 2

4sDIn.png

Won't work.

The reason the old ones aren't left in as an option is because the models won't fit with newer poses, animations designs etc. So even an upgrade or reskin to allow the old style wouldn't be able to be the real old style.

Plv6Dz6.jpg

Operation Gold Sparkles :: Chompy Kills ::  Full Profound :: Champions :: Barbarian Notes :: Champions Tackle Box :: MA Rewards

Dragonkin Journals :: Ports Stories :: Elder Chronicles :: Boss Slayer :: Penance King :: Kal'gerion Titles :: Gold Statue

the animations/sizing could be easily changed to work. It probably won't happen, since the people who would want OS skins are probably just playing OS, but it wouldn't be because it's impossible.

DK drops (solo/LS): 66 hatchets, 14 archer rings, 13 berserker rings, 17 warrior rings, 12 seerculls, 13 mud staves, 7 seers rings

QBD drops: 1 kite, 2 visages, 4 dragonbone kits, 3 effigies, lots of crossbow parts

CR vs. CLS threads always turn into discussions about penis size.
It's not called a Compensation Longsword for nothing.

I've sent a 12k combat mission to have Aiel assassinated (poor bastard isn't even Pincers-tier difficulty).

DM0Yq2c.png

• 4 weeks later...

old infinity boots doe

best drops (reasonably accurate/up to date): 1x Elysian Sigil (LS), 1x Arcane Sigil (cs), 4x Armadyl Hilt (solo at 100m, 100m, 50m, and 5m), 2x Saradomin Hilt (solo at 25m), 5x Draconic Visage (34m,1.2m,1.2m) and various cs/ls/ffa Nex splits.
Drygore Drops: 7 Longswords, 3 Maces, 3 Rapiers, 3 Off-hand Rapiers,  5 Off-hand Maces, 3 Off-hand Longswords

ROTS Shields: 12  Seismics: 16

Ascension Crossbows: 6  Spider Legs: 10

Countless Armadyl armour pieces, Saradomin amulets, Dragon Hatchets, and Fremenik Rings.
Range~Herblore~Construction~Constitution~Defence~Farming~Magic~Attack~Prayer~Strength~Summoning~Slayer~Mining~Dungeoneering~Firemaking~Agility~Magic Mastery~Summoning Mastery~Cooking~Smithing~Fletching~Thieving~Hunter~Woodcutting~Fishing~Runecrafting

• 1 month later...

I'd give support for an idea like this, i miss wearing torso with dragon legs and boots with a skillcape and looking pree' beasty..

could also possibly boost alot of prices, no?

But also what off nex boots and gloves, and all the new items. Off-hands as well? we can't revert them seeming as they have no pass. would they just be excluded? if so then the game armours would look out of waack!

Runescape is a haven..

[bleep] I'm good, dem forecasting skills.

I'd give support for an idea like this, i miss wearing torso with dragon legs and boots with a skillcape and looking pree' beasty..

could also possibly boost alot of prices, no?

But also what off nex boots and gloves, and all the new items. Off-hands as well? we can't revert them seeming as they have no pass. would they just be excluded? if so then the game armours would look out of waack!

They would likely only be applicable to certain items that did in fact have previous skins, but things such as off-hands should look very much the same as it wouldn't be too difficult to code. It will be interesting to see what would happen with the Nex boots and gloves, but we'll see. Also, if this goes ahead I can 100% guarantee that certain items will rise.

4sDIn.png

• 3 weeks later...
  • 1 month later...
  • 3 weeks later...