If you were a teacher...

pennywise

I am currently substitute teaching music and has done so for about 1.5 months and I have kids ranging from the ages 10 to 19.

I havent turned 20 myself so it takes a while to get taken seriously.

Ive discovered that with some classes I can be laid back but with some I have to be the meanest excuse of a teacher anyone has ever seen. Ages play a big diffference; I can be cool and laid back with the older students but I really have to be a meanie with the younger.

Cant say I dont like being mean to already frustated 11 year old though...

Their attention span isnt really adapted for music so to speak.

Oh my personal speed record of throwing someone out of a class is 14 minutes so far.

A recent study shows that 92% of all teenagers have small purple pet elephants named Jack. Put this in your sig if you are one of the 8% who like to do the fandango on Wednesday afternoons

You think 14 minutes is fast to get rid of a student, this is my record for getting rid of a teacher:

We'd just come into the room and say down. Teacher starts walking around a bit like usual...

Ashley: G'day Jerome sir, how you doing?

Mr Jerome: Don't call me by my last name. You can go out side and learn some manners.

Ashely: Sorry

Mr Jerome: *signals towards the door*

Ashely: *gets up and leaves*

Me: *sitting there dumbfounded*

Mr Jerome: Need any help Simon?

Me: Don't call me by my last name

Mr Jerome: *blinks*

Me: I wan't an appology

Mr Jerome: No

Me: Hippocritical bastard

Mr Jerome: Go outside

Me: Bugger that. Ashley calls you Jerome, you send him outside even after he appologises. You do the same thing to me not a minute later and refuse to appologise then want to throw me out, f-you.

Mr Jerome: *goes outside and tells ashley to come back inside but he doesn't come back for the rest of the lesson*

I think that took about 3 minutes in total. Needless to say that substitute didn't like me much after that. He always singled me out for degrading examles / situations, but I still ended up making him cry at least once a week. So whatever :)

You think 14 minutes is fast to get rid of a student, this is my record for getting rid of a teacher:

We'd just come into the room and say down. Teacher starts walking around a bit like usual...

Ashley: G'day Jerome sir, how you doing?

Mr Jerome: Don't call me by my last name. You can go out side and learn some manners.

Ashely: Sorry

Mr Jerome: *signals towards the door*

Ashely: *gets up and leaves*

Me: *sitting there dumbfounded*

Mr Jerome: Need any help Simon?

Me: Don't call me by my last name

Mr Jerome: *blinks*

Me: I wan't an appology

Mr Jerome: No

Me: Hippocritical *

Mr Jerome: Go outside

Me: Bugger that. Ashley calls you Jerome, you send him outside even after he appologises. You do the same thing to me not a minute later and refuse to appologise then want to throw me out, f-you.

Mr Jerome: *goes outside and tells ashley to come back inside but he doesn't come back for the rest of the lesson*

I think that took about 3 minutes in total. Needless to say that substitute didn't like me much after that. He always singled me out for degrading examles / situations, but I still ended up making him cry at least once a week. So whatever :)

:lol:

A nazi owned himself. :D

A recent study shows that 92% of all teenagers have small purple pet elephants named Jack. Put this in your sig if you are one of the 8% who like to do the fandango on Wednesday afternoons

I'd love to teach Biology/Coach Football later in life. I'd be pretty demanding, but I wouldn't disrespect my students unless they disrespected me. My goal would be to make them yearn for knowledge.

tomato1ry.png

My teaching style would be interesting for those that are interested, and I'd try to be a teacher that is knowledgable and genuinely excited about their subject... but I just wouldn't care about kids that aren't interested in education - and I wouldn't go far out of my way to 'dumb it down' for everyone else if they decided to be lame. I'd just kick them out and forget about them.

However cool and dedicated the teacher is, there are always kids that just won't care. But if you're a highschool teacher, you can't just let kids fail, because apparently it looks bad on the teacher. Which is why I'd rather teach university students - because then it's just my job to teach at a high level, and to picque and guide intellectual curiosity, and when some students fail, it's their problem.

Oh my personal speed record of throwing someone out of a class is 14 minutes so far.

A maths teacher of mine came in the room, looked round for a few seconds, said to one boy "I don't like your face. Get out of my class." and that was it.

It rocked. He did it fairly often.

For it is the greyness of dusk that reigns.

The time when the living and the dead exist as one.

Art teacher or a Computer Art teacher (like Web page design or something)

Wouldn't mind teaching computer programing as well.

I would probaly be a lot like Dusqi, I wouldn't make it harder on myself because some students are lazy. Instead I would focus on students that are trying.

Also, forget extra credit. From all of my experience of being a student, only the good kids, I.E the kids who don't need it, do it! Completly get's rid of the point...

I'd be a History teacher. I'd teach the latter half of the 20th century to my students, preferably an honors, AP or IB (<--- w00t) class. I'd be pretty laid back and understanding of my students but if they messed around out of reason I'd let them have it. But I can take a joke and I think I'd be a pretty cool teacher.

I'd be laid back and joke with my class but I'd be strict when it came to school work.

^I actually had a few teachers like that. My US History teacher loved to joke around during class and the teacher who watches over the study hall gives us a good laugh every day.