I"M STARVING!

xpeimingx

I've been playing for 3 years since the halloween [Caution: Jagex Rule Violation]s can out. I've mainly merchanted the past few months and mined and smithed, but I havn't gotten ONE SINGLE rare random event, no, not even a strange old man or frog, let alone the rarer ones such as mimes, foresters, etc, whatever that might be out there.

And all of these people keep getting them!! Is it that I'm not doing 'random' things at random times? Or that Jagex doesn't like merchanters?

I"M STARVING - practically from boredom. Click on the furnace minimap and wait 8 seconds. click on the furnace and smelt 9 steel bars. Wait 20 seconds. Click back to the Al-Kharid bank. Repeat 500 more times.

It' generally very boring. How did you get any of thoese rarer random events like mimes and frogs?!! Somone post!

On 12/10/07, Jagex emerged victorious from their war against the mechanical swarms of Real World Traders.

But in the battle, we, the spectators, lost one of our closest friends...

We will always remember you, Merchanting. May the question live on.

Question.jpg

I can really feel 'Sorry' after hearing your situation. I will have to agree with you on how it feels, when you need a random event but it just doesn't come for SOME REASONS!

But, Random events appear Randomly, so they are NAMED Random. Players might post some hints on getting Random Events, but I might tell you DO NOT BELIEVE them, as It is not true at all.

Random events appear randomly. It's basically your luck. Players estimate the time period of random event, when they get it and then post it as a 'HINT OF GETTING A RANDOM EVENT', this is SO NOT true.

All you can do is hope for getting one. All I can do is Wish you a Good Luck in getting one. :)

I think that it only happens when you click to do somthing. Like while training you get it right when you click, so merchanting would be a bad way to get 'em. I suggest (not a trick just a suggestion) to train on little things like chickens or rats(because of the clicking rate). I haven't gotten my randoms because I'm a mercanter and miner too, but all you have to do isa just PLAY MORE! W00T! :lol: :lol: So thats what I tTHINK not KNOW

Lolipop137

i think you need to train a bit more, generally merchanting wont get u many random events... though i have gotten a mime while merchanting before

most of them are products of experience i believe

most of the time, if i get around 10k exp and do nothing the provokes a random event (high alching, teleporting, burying bones, etc) just meleeing or whatever, i always end up with some random event or another once i teleport, high alch, etc

seems to happen quite consistently for me... then again maybe it really is just random...

grand99-3-1.png

i got more than 25 mimic stage during my stay @ crandor lessers

8 frog events & 2 sandwich lady at ice cave while slashing ice giants and co.

Every trip to ice cave, i am guaranteed a zombie or shade... at least once...

sad thing is that i only have 1 forester encounter...

Now you mention it, I've never had or seen anyone else get a random while smelting.

Smithing, I got a frog at Doric's.

Fishing, Karamja is a real random hotspot, while Lumbridge fly fishing is not.

Also. I know you will see more randoms where there are more players (most drop parties seem to attract randoms), but it does seem that the chance of a random is higher at busy locations, maybe it's interpreted as a possible autoing hotspot.

How I got frogs is:

1) Go to the square-shaped bank in Varrock

2) Empty your inventory + wield a pickaxe

3) Go mine essence, bank when full inventory,repeat about 3 times

4) Get frogs :wink:

Or if you are 45+ wc you can:

1) Go to draynor bank

2) Empty inventory + wield your best axe

3) Go chop willows, bank when full inventory,repeat about 3 times

4) Kissy kissy! :lol:

1.png

2.PNG3.PNG4.PNG

|My poem!|New RS suggestions|CAD (13+)|Reserved|

Grrr, my sig doesn't work as well as it should.

Okay, It's a random event. Key word being RANDOM. That means it happens RANDOMLY. No, Jagex doesn't hate merchants so they wont give them a random even. It's random, you'll get one eventually. Like, listen to yourselves you're saying: "Doing this will increase your chances of getting a RANDOM event. The only thing that will increase that chance is to play more.

jfacsig01ti4.jpg

Two roads diverged in a wood, and I-

I took the one less traveled by,

And that has made all the difference.

:? I've actually gotten several Evil Chickens smelting steel bars in Al Kharid.

While random events ARE actually random, it seems they come more frequently while doing something very repetitive for a very long time.

I raised my raning shooting bronze arrows at the Jogre guy in Ardy zoo...from 33 to 40. I got 2 frogs, at least 3 evil chickens, a couple genies and a drunken dwarf. It was hilarious. :lol:

I've had 2 Mazes, many Drunken Dwarfs, and also some MOM's but I've never had a Mime, Forester, Frog or whatever of playing atleast 3 years of RuneScape, I don't do much except woodcutting, but that doesn't seem to wear off.

It can't truly be random, can it? I mean, Runescape is made by computer programming, and there has to be an algorithm responsible for deciding when the random events pop up.

I'm wondering if it has something to do with the time that you logged in. Not that if you log in at a certain time you will get a certain random event.

More like different login times = a different pattern of random events, but the pattern switches around every day.

Why do i think this? Well lets just say, oh a year ago when i used to have close friends that I would play with all the time, one friend and I would happen to log in at the same moment on several occasions. Being good friends we would hang out and do everything together. So, while mining and such on one of the occasion we logged in at same time, once one of us got a random from swinging at a rock the other one of us would get the exact same random event with our next swing.

Not that this information is going to help you get random events more often. I am just saying that there is some kind of pattern to random events.

I, again, don't believe in any pattern getting a Random Event. I personally have experienced it. What I did was, followed the instructions given by those people who say "Hint of Getting Random Evnets!!!". Tried, nothing happened.

I just don't believe in noticing any pattern, as Random Events pop up anywhere. In the situation you got your random event, doesn't mean everyone will get it the same way.

I, again, don't believe in any pattern getting a Random Event. I personally have experienced it. What I did was, followed the instructions given by those people who say "Hint of Getting Random Evnets!!!". Tried, nothing happened.

I just don't believe in noticing any pattern, as Random Events pop up anywhere. In the situation you got your random event, doesn't mean everyone will get it the same way.

I do agree that random events are truly 'random', there is probably no way to increase your chances of getting a specific one. I was just posing the idea that two people can get the exact same random events if they logged in at the same time and stuck together.

Possibly this idea could be experimented and tested?