Jagex refunds Spins from Fallen Star debacle

TheLad1

Some of you may recall the recent issue Jagex had with Fallen Stars & the fact after you 'claimed' the xp on the 1st star, any further stars provided no Xp.

Due to the fact I need as much help getting my Divination Xp I purchased some Spins (flame away!!) to get the Div outfit, this also netted me some Fallen Stars.

Stupidly, not realising there was I problem I used 3 of the Fallen Stars & obviously only got the Bonus Xp on 1st one.

Obviously this caused many a rant on RSOF about missing Xp etc !!

I'll give Jagex some real credit here, I've just logged in to find I now have 60 spins on my account.  1st though was I'd been hacked & someone had used my info to purchase spins.  I decided to check my Messages & found the following message:

Hi there, 

We just wanted to get in touch with you regarding the recent problems you encountered with the Fallen Stars you attempted to redeem from the Squeal of Fortune, and we really appreciate your patience in this matter. 

We're happy to say we've now managed to correct the problem - so no future incidences should occur that affect players such as yourself with Fallen Stars. 

We do understand you may have missed out on a number of spins as a result of this issue. Therefore, we will be crediting your account with some additional free spins as a gesture of goodwill to make up for any losses you experienced. 

Happy spinning - though should you have any further issues, or any other queries please don't hesitate to get in touch with us directly by emailing us at [email protected] 

Kind regards, 
Jagex Customer Support

Now I never complained to anyone, so I'm really chuffed with the outcome here.  Given I only 'lost' 2 Fallen Stars I think 60 spins is a decent form of compensation.

Anyone else get the message, if so, how many Spins did you get?

the_lad_1.png

Nope, but I received a handful of fallen stars of divination and thought it weird that my bonus exp ran out so quickly.

Then again I didn't buy my spins so I guess it's not that important. :P

Would think the only way they could trace who 'lost out' is by ascertaining who actually paid for the spins, as opposed to getting the Fallen Stars from the usual 3 spins

the_lad_1.png

Nope, but I received a handful of fallen stars of divination and thought it weird that my bonus exp ran out so quickly.

Would think the only way they could trace who 'lost out' is by ascertaining who actually paid for the spins, as opposed to getting the Fallen Stars from the usual 3 spins

I bought spins during the fallen star deal and never ran into not being able to claim exp from them (claimed close to 250 k bonus exp by the time it was done plus 4 pieces of the outfit). I just logged in and have no additional spins. This is the first i've heard of people having issues claiming their exp.

witchynosaur.png

Armadyl Drops : 4 Hilts; 3 Chestplates; 2 Chainskirts; 1 Helmet; 1 Buckler; 2 Shard 1; 2 Shard 2; 1 Shard 3

Nex : 1 Zaryte Bow

Kalphite King : 1 Drygore Rapier ; 1 Drygore Longsword : 1 Drygore Offhand Rapier : 1 Drygore Offhand Longsword

I bought spins during the fallen star deal and never ran into not being able to claim exp from them (claimed close to 250 k bonus exp by the time it was done plus 4 pieces of the outfit). I just logged in and have no additional spins. This is the first i've heard of people having issues claiming their exp.

It was a Bug at the very start whereby you only got awarded the Bonus Xp from the 1st Fallen Star, any others you 'claimed' after that gave you no bonus Xp.

Jagex were fully aware at a very early stage that this had happened but took most of the day to implement a fix, hence people who didn't read RSOF or were advised by friends merrily clicked away on the stars but received no bonus XP.

the_lad_1.png

Well  I didn't get any refunded spins

Same. I also bought a bunch of spins during this time. I don't remember not getting my bonus xp, but I wasn't watching that closely.... Hopefully I did get the bonus xp I thought I got....

90.png

---------------------------- ';..;' ----------------------------

max.png