Ascension Dungeon help...

Noxx

Okay so i want to see how long it's going to take me to DIY Ascension Bows from scratch, but my problem is i've never killed anything in this Dungeon before (or if i have i was drunk or high).

I don't know how to kill these things. They keep healing, and i can't hit more than like...50 on them.

I am using ranged, just before anyone asks.

Now i managed to quite easily kill the Rorarius, but the rest are a headache....

There's healers (Can't remember the name specifically) that reduce damage dealt and heal the stuff you're attacking. Once you take out the healers they're easy.

As for a DIY asc bow, I think someone got 18m+ defence xp before they had enough keys, so it'll take a while. :s

yqe0mrU.jpg

^^My blog of EoC PvM, lols and Therapy.^^

My livestream- Currently: Offline :(

Offical Harpy Therapist of the Mad

[hide=Lewtations]

Barrows drops: Dharok's helm x2, Guthan's helm, Ahrim's top, Hood and skirt, Torag's hammers, Karils skirt, Karil's top, Torag's helm, Verac's skirt, Verac's Flail, Dharok's Platebody.

Dag kings drops: Lost count! :wall:

4k+ Glacors, 7 Ragefires, 4 Steadfasts, 4 Glaivens, 400+ shards![/hide]

So i assume buying keys and just doing the bosses is a better idea...

"Better" is a relative term. Its highly luck dependent. You'd probably be better off farming the minions for keys to buy a completed bow.

Archermanme.png
Quest Cape Achieved on November 14, 2007

Iron_Archer.png

Items Acquired

Crystal Pick and Hatchet

Berzerker Ring x 3

3/28 Barrows Items

"Better" is a relative term. Its highly luck dependent. You'd probably be better off farming the minions for keys to buy a completed bow.

Pretty much this, if you think the RNG gods are in your favour, risk making a bow, if not, stay away. :P

yqe0mrU.jpg

[hide=Lewtations]

Barrows drops: Dharok's helm x2, Guthan's helm, Ahrim's top, Hood and skirt, Torag's hammers, Karils skirt, Karil's top, Torag's helm, Verac's skirt, Verac's Flail, Dharok's Platebody.

This

To give you some figures to help you make your choice...

At rorarii with abilities and done correctly you can expect ~6 keys per hour on average. Assuming you get a perfect distribution of keys so that you get the same amount for each boss and a drop rate of 1/64 for signants from the bosses you're going to need on average 384 keys which will take you ~64 hours to get. The exp/hr is ~250 k/hr with abilities, 300 if you're really focused and know what you're doing. That means you'll expect to get between 16 and 19 million exp before you get the keys to do the bosses.

If you get unlucky with key distribution or heaven forbid the drop rate on the actual signants and the DIY method of getting the bows becomes even more unenjoyable. 

That's all based on averages. You could just as easily get lucky and do what my one friend did and get every signant in under 20 boss kills and make the bow for only 75.6 mil after buying the keys. 

witchynosaur.png

Armadyl Drops : 4 Hilts; 3 Chestplates; 2 Chainskirts; 1 Helmet; 1 Buckler; 2 Shard 1; 2 Shard 2; 1 Shard 3

Nex : 1 Zaryte Bow

Kalphite King : 1 Drygore Rapier ; 1 Drygore Longsword : 1 Drygore Offhand Rapier : 1 Drygore Offhand Longsword

Or you could do a Gwynrwyn and take ~250 keys for secundus. :P

yqe0mrU.jpg

[hide=Lewtations]

Or you could do a Gwynrwyn and take ~250 keys for secundus. :P

~330

Exactly this. I'm currently 150mil in the hole for keys and I have exactly 0 signets.

Archermanme.png
Quest Cape Achieved on November 14, 2007

Iron_Archer.png

Items Acquired

Crystal Pick and Hatchet

Berzerker Ring x 3

3/28 Barrows Items