Bunch of questions - DIY'er and General RS.

Yak-scythe

I'll start off with the main/bigger questions..

- With the release of Legacy Mode, will chins be effective again as a training method more then it already is.

- BXP weekend best crimson pouches to make at 86 summoning? Worth doing C2 training for 88 fish -> 90 and 97 wc -> ?

- Magic weapons DW/2H what is good anymore, bossing wise and doesnt cost too much?

- Will Dagganoth King Respawn timers be reset back to normal anytime soon? I seen a post from a mod saying he'd mention it but nothing after that?

DIY'er!

- Is Imphide any good for starting out magic armour as it is easy to obtain via hunting imps?

- What levels would i start doing green dragons for the armour unless there is any other decent range armour obtainable?

- Melee armour - How can i obtain some decent armour within' DIY rules?

- Ways to get some decent free bxp/exp for starting out levels as far as I know is - Sinks, TOG, Citadel?

- Particular Quests F2P or P2P?

Probably got more questions - Think of them a bit later

Runescape is a haven..

DIY'er!

- Is Imphide any good for starting out magic armour as it is easy to obtain via hunting imps?

- What levels would i start doing green dragons for the armour unless there is any other decent range armour obtainable?

- Ways to get some decent free bxp/exp for starting out levels as far as I know is - Sinks, TOG, Citadel?

Imp hides good as soon as you get the crafting level for Spider silk kill spiders in the Lumbridge Catacombs for spider silk (100% drop).

Not sure on the dragon question not got that far myself.

You can get most pieces of rune from shops (champions guild ect) but for the rune full helm/kite you're going to have to kill stuff :p

Adam_Ironman.pngG7Z8Xyi.png

I doubt legacy mode will do much for chins - they aren't reverting changes just reskinning them to hide new interfaces and abilities you'll still be throwing the same chins with the same limitations as we currently have.

Plv6Dz6.jpg

Operation Gold Sparkles :: Chompy Kills ::  Full Profound :: Champions :: Barbarian Notes :: Champions Tackle Box :: MA Rewards

Dragonkin Journals :: Ports Stories :: Elder Chronicles :: Boss Slayer :: Penance King :: Kal'gerion Titles :: Gold Statue

DIY'er!

Imp hides good as soon as you get the crafting level for Spider silk kill spiders in the Lumbridge Catacombs for spider silk (100% drop).

Not sure on the dragon question not got that far myself.

You can get most pieces of rune from shops (champions guild ect) but for the rune full helm/kite you're going to have to kill stuff :P

Thanks man, I recently discovered the Burthorpe crafting spot and spent a bit of time there, unlocked spider silk while i was storing imp hides, didn't know where to get them though until now! :)

I doubt legacy mode will do much for chins - they aren't reverting changes just reskinning them to hide new interfaces and abilities you'll still be throwing the same chins with the same limitations as we currently have.

Thaaat sucks, had high hopes for old style range training. :(

Runescape is a haven..

It's probably worth forgetting about dragons for range armour since the crafting requirements are high, you'll likely get a set of black d hide from hard clues quite quickly.

Luckily batwing has a more normal crafting requirement and you'll be able to get rune bits from quest-unlocked shops like people have said.

Circus is a nice startpoint for bxp too

safersbanner.png

Play Safe! smile.gif - Got useful information for the tip.it website? Post here!

If Legacy mode isn't a total waste (which it may well be, mind you), then it would have higher autoattack damage than Momentumscape, so chins would be better in Legacy.

Supporter of Zaros | Quest Cape owner since 22 may 2010 | No skills below 99 | Total level 2595 | Completionist Cape owner since 17th June 2013 | Suggestions

99 summoning (18th June 2011, previously untrimmed) | 99 farming (14th July 2011) | 99 prayer (8th September 2011) | 99 constitution (10th September 2011) | 99 dungeoneering (15th November 2011)

99 ranged (28th November 2011) | 99 attack, 99 defence, 99 strength (11th December 2011) | 99 slayer (18th December 2011) | 99 magic (22nd December 2011) | 99 construction (16th March 2012)

99 herblore (22nd March 2012) | 99 firemaking (26th March 2012) | 99 cooking (2nd July 2012) | 99 runecrafting (12th March 2012) | 99 crafting (26th August 2012) | 99 agility (19th November 2012)

99 woodcutting (22nd November 2012) | 99 fletching (31st December 2012) | 99 thieving (3rd January 2013) | 99 hunter (11th January 2013) | 99 mining (21st January 2013) | 99 fishing (21st January 2013)

99 smithing (21st January 2013) | 120 dungeoneering (17th June 2013) | 99 divination (24th November 2013)

Tormented demon drops: twenty effigies, nine pairs of claws, two dragon armour slices and one elite clue | Dagannoth king drops: two dragon hatchets, two elite clues, one archer ring and one warrior ring

Glacor drops: four pairs of ragefire boots, one pair of steadfast boots, six effigies, two hundred lots of Armadyl shards, three elite clues | Nex split: Torva boots | Kalphite King split: off-hand drygore mace

30/30 Shattered Heart statues completed | 16/16 Court Cases completed | 25/25 Choc Chimp Ices delivered | 500/500 Vyrewatch burned | 584/584 tasks completed | 4000/4000 chompies hunted

It's probably worth forgetting about dragons for range armour since the crafting requirements are high, you'll likely get a set of black d hide from hard clues quite quickly.

Luckily batwing has a more normal crafting requirement and you'll be able to get rune bits from quest-unlocked shops like people have said.

Circus is a nice startpoint for bxp too

Thanks i'll check it out tonight! im hoping i can obtain most of my items from cs's. C:

If Legacy mode isn't a total waste (which it may well be, mind you), then it would have higher autoattack damage than Momentumscape, so chins would be better in Legacy.

Sweet thanks!

Runescape is a haven..

Though of course the same can be said of every single other weapon thus rendering a state of affairs where despite the numbers being bigger chins still fit in exactly where they are now.

Plv6Dz6.jpg

Operation Gold Sparkles :: Chompy Kills ::  Full Profound :: Champions :: Barbarian Notes :: Champions Tackle Box :: MA Rewards

Dragonkin Journals :: Ports Stories :: Elder Chronicles :: Boss Slayer :: Penance King :: Kal'gerion Titles :: Gold Statue

Imo if ur going to boss.... For bosses like kk nex gwds use chaotic staff... I have tried vwand and book but i culdnt out dps my friend with chaotic staff.... I only tried virtus to see if wat i said previously was true or not because i only used chaotic staff untill i got seismic....for vorago get if u can seismic, singularity and shield to switch from full out dps to bomb tank if thats your role :) other than vorago u dun need dual weild for dishing out some gud dps on bosses

Iyaari.png

comp-regular.png

Though of course the same can be said of every single other weapon thus rendering a state of affairs where despite the numbers being bigger chins still fit in exactly where they are now.

No, because chins are used with Momentum only regardless of how good it actually is (provided it isn't 5% damage or something).

Current dps with abilities is 1.

Momentum dps is, say, 0.5.

Chin dps with Momentum is up to 9 * 0.5 which is obviously way higher than 1, so Momentum > abilities for chins. This is compared to weapons of an equal tier, naturally.

Now if Legacy would boost 'Momentum-style' dps to about .9, then chins would go up to 9 * .9 whereas regular weapons would not gain any dps.

Supporter of Zaros | Quest Cape owner since 22 may 2010 | No skills below 99 | Total level 2595 | Completionist Cape owner since 17th June 2013 | Suggestions

99 summoning (18th June 2011, previously untrimmed) | 99 farming (14th July 2011) | 99 prayer (8th September 2011) | 99 constitution (10th September 2011) | 99 dungeoneering (15th November 2011)

99 ranged (28th November 2011) | 99 attack, 99 defence, 99 strength (11th December 2011) | 99 slayer (18th December 2011) | 99 magic (22nd December 2011) | 99 construction (16th March 2012)

99 herblore (22nd March 2012) | 99 firemaking (26th March 2012) | 99 cooking (2nd July 2012) | 99 runecrafting (12th March 2012) | 99 crafting (26th August 2012) | 99 agility (19th November 2012)

99 woodcutting (22nd November 2012) | 99 fletching (31st December 2012) | 99 thieving (3rd January 2013) | 99 hunter (11th January 2013) | 99 mining (21st January 2013) | 99 fishing (21st January 2013)

99 smithing (21st January 2013) | 120 dungeoneering (17th June 2013) | 99 divination (24th November 2013)

Tormented demon drops: twenty effigies, nine pairs of claws, two dragon armour slices and one elite clue | Dagannoth king drops: two dragon hatchets, two elite clues, one archer ring and one warrior ring

Glacor drops: four pairs of ragefire boots, one pair of steadfast boots, six effigies, two hundred lots of Armadyl shards, three elite clues | Nex split: Torva boots | Kalphite King split: off-hand drygore mace

30/30 Shattered Heart statues completed | 16/16 Court Cases completed | 25/25 Choc Chimp Ices delivered | 500/500 Vyrewatch burned | 584/584 tasks completed | 4000/4000 chompies hunted